Anyone tried the new Dimension 5000 ?

Is it noisy ?

Thank you
Rgds
5 answers Last reply
More about anyone dimension 5000

    "Ayoros" <ayoros12@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Is it noisy ?

    Please define what /you/ mean by noisy. With the range in ages
    and levels of high-frequency hearing loss that certainly exist
    amongst all users of computers as well as the denizens of
    a.s.p-c.d, what is noisy as a brass band to one person can be
    quiet as a church mouse to another.
    --
    OJ III

    Ogden Johnson III wrote:
    > "Ayoros" <ayoros12@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Is it noisy ?
    >

    > Please define what /you/ mean by noisy. With the range in ages
    > and levels of high-frequency hearing loss that certainly exist
    > amongst all users of computers as well as the denizens of
    > a.s.p-c.d, what is noisy as a brass band to one person can be
    > quiet as a church mouse to another.

    Not very quantitative, but the Intel BTX standard (used in the 5000)
    is intended to reduce system noise while improving cooling by having a
    more inline airflow rather than blowing air around corners. Ironically
    the design places the case fan at the front, and vents at the front as
    well (works better when in an enclosure), so the design requires special
    attention to sound baffling.

    In any event, the 5000 looks like a very good design, and is tool-free
    like the high end Dell systems. It's certainly a better purchase than
    the 4700 it will replace. Now wait for Dell to announce the "9000" :-)

    Where can I find information on the Dell 5000?
    Checked out the website, but my eyes can't seem to find it.

    darkrats wrote:
    > Where can I find information on the Dell 5000?
    > Checked out the website, but my eyes can't seem to find it.

    It's not for sale in the US yet, but you can read the documentation:

    http://premiersupport.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5000/en/sm/index.htm

    Thanks for the link.

    > darkrats wrote:
    >> Where can I find information on the Dell 5000?
    >> Checked out the website, but my eyes can't seem to find it.
    >
    > It's not for sale in the US yet, but you can read the documentation:
    >
    > http://premiersupport.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5000/en/sm/index.htm

Dell Dimension 5000 Computers