(LSJ) Black Sunrise + Eagle's Sight

Can it be played ?

Sathriel
10 answers Last reply
More about black sunrise eagle sight

    sathriel@o2.pl wrote:
    Re: (LSJ) Black Sunrise + Eagle's Sight
    > Can it be played ?

    Sure. Black Sunrise can be followed by an inferior Eagle's Sight to get
    + 1 intercept.

    You can't, however, "wake" and attempt to block out of sequence using a
    combination of superior ES and superior BS alone. You need to play the
    superior ES first (to gain the ability to block), which means you
    aren't tapped, therefore you can't play superior BS.

    A sequence that does work is: Wake with Evening's Freshness, (Superior)
    Eagle's Sight, (Superior) Black Sunrise.

    --
    * lehrbuch (lehrbuch@gmail.com)

    lehrbuch wrote:
    > sathriel@o2.pl wrote:
    > Re: (LSJ) Black Sunrise + Eagle's Sight
    >
    >>Can it be played ?
    >

    > Sure. Black Sunrise can be followed by an inferior Eagle's Sight to get
    > + 1 intercept.
    >
    > You can't, however, "wake" and attempt to block out of sequence using a
    > combination of superior ES and superior BS alone. You need to play the
    > superior ES first (to gain the ability to block), which means you
    > aren't tapped, therefore you can't play superior BS.
    >
    > A sequence that does work is: Wake with Evening's Freshness, (Superior)
    > Eagle's Sight, (Superior) Black Sunrise.

    Correct.

    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    LSJ wrote:
    > lehrbuch wrote:
    > > sathriel@o2.pl wrote:
    > > Re: (LSJ) Black Sunrise + Eagle's Sight
    > >
    > >>Can it be played ?
    > >

    > > Sure. Black Sunrise can be followed by an inferior Eagle's Sight to get
    > > + 1 intercept.
    > >
    > > You can't, however, "wake" and attempt to block out of sequence using a
    > > combination of superior ES and superior BS alone. You need to play the
    > > superior ES first (to gain the ability to block), which means you
    > > aren't tapped, therefore you can't play superior BS.
    > >
    > > A sequence that does work is: Wake with Evening's Freshness, (Superior)
    > > Eagle's Sight, (Superior) Black Sunrise.
    >
    > Correct.

    Eagle's Sight: Reaction, Auspex
    [aus] This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept.
    [AUS] This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action,
    ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking
    actions.

    Since Eagle's Sight at [AUS] causes a block attempt, don't you lose the
    window in which to play Black Sunrise (to untap and attempt to block)?
    I would think that WWEF, ES, BS does not work.

    Dorrinal Blackmantle
    Chronicler of Clan Tremere

    I'm not sure I understand this. Is it any different from The Mole
    (ani)? As I understand it, you can use it during any action to untap
    and attempt to block; then if you can't block (because the acting
    minion doesn't belong to your predator or prey, for example), you
    simply remain untapped. Is that wrong?

    Then, being untapped, what is to prevent you from playing Eagle's Sight
    in order to block anyway?

    Thanks.

    Aha! Okay.

    How about using The Mole to untap during an action you could legally
    block, then failing because of lack of intercept?

    On 7 Jul 2005 18:54:45 -0700, "Sigmund" <bjornstein@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I'm not sure I understand this.

    The FAQ would help you.

    Section 3.31, specifically.

    http://www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm

    > Is it any different from The Mole (ani)?

    Not at all.

    Nor is it different from Second Tradition, Speak with Spirits, Eternal
    Vigilance, or Special Report.

    You cannot play any of these cards if you are not eligible to block
    the action.

    >As I understand it, you can use it during any action to untap
    >and attempt to block;

    This understanding is completely incorrect.

    If you are not an eligible blocker, you cannot play these cards to
    untap and attempt to block.

    >then if you can't block (because the acting minion doesn't
    >belong to your predator or prey, for example), you
    >simply remain untapped. Is that wrong?

    Yes, it is wrong.
    See above.

    Carpe noctem.

    Lasombra

    http://www.TheLasombra.com

    Your best online source for information about V:TES.
    Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
    of booster and starter box displays.

    Dorrinal Blackmantle wrote:
    > LSJ wrote:
    >>lehrbuch wrote:
    >>>A sequence that does work is: Wake with Evening's Freshness, (Superior)
    >>>Eagle's Sight, (Superior) Black Sunrise.
    >>
    >>Correct.
    >
    > Eagle's Sight: Reaction, Auspex
    > [aus] This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept.
    > [AUS] This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action,
    > ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking
    > actions.
    >
    > Since Eagle's Sight at [AUS] causes a block attempt, don't you lose the
    > window in which to play Black Sunrise (to untap and attempt to block)?

    No. You may attempt to block while attempting to block. It is
    indeed difficult to do otherwise.

    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    LSJ wrote:
    > Dorrinal Blackmantle wrote:
    > > LSJ wrote:
    > >>
    > >>Correct.
    > >
    > > Eagle's Sight: Reaction, Auspex
    > > [aus] This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept.
    > > [AUS] This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action,
    > > ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking
    > > actions.
    > >
    > > Since Eagle's Sight at [AUS] causes a block attempt, don't you lose the
    > > window in which to play Black Sunrise (to untap and attempt to block)?
    >
    > No. You may attempt to block while attempting to block. It is
    > indeed difficult to do otherwise.

    Seems strange to me, but it's fair enough. Thank you for clarifying
    that for me!

    Dorrinal Blackmantle
    Chronicler of Clan Tremere
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Sigmund wrote:
    > I'm not sure I understand this. Is it any different from The Mole
    > (ani)?

    No.

    > As I understand it, you can use it during any action to untap
    > and attempt to block; then if you can't block (because the acting
    > minion doesn't belong to your predator or prey, for example), you
    > simply remain untapped. Is that wrong?

    Yes.

    (ani) Mole allows an anarch to untap and attempt to block a non-anarch
    minion.

    There has to be an action that the anarch can validly (attempt) to
    block; ie a directed action against you or yours, or an undirected
    action by predator or prey. (As an aside: It doesn't matter if you can
    or can't generate sufficient intercept to successfully block).

    If you want to increase your range of valid targets to block, by playing
    (sup) Eagle's Sight, then you need to do that before playing (ani) Mole.

    To play Eagle's Sight your minion is, generally, untapped; therefore you
    can't play (ani) mole.

    --
    * lehrbuch (lehrbuch@gmail.com)
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Sigmund wrote:
    > Aha! Okay.
    >
    > How about using The Mole to untap during an action you could legally
    > block, then failing because of lack of intercept?

    Not a problem. The minion didn't block, therefore it doesn't tap -
    baring Faceless Night or similar irritants.

    --
    * lehrbuch (lehrbuch@gmail.com)

Games Video Games