My answers will not be very good i believe, as i'm not used to laptop standardization. I'm used to Desktop specifications so yeah sorry about that.
1. What is your budget?
£200, i would prefer if it was lower than this but this is basically the maximum im willing to spend if need be. But i think that is how much laptops cost these days dont they?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.4" would be ideal, 13" is ok. I would prefer a wide screen format too
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366 x 768 is the normal resolution for 15.4" or whatever right? I so i can at least see the codeing in NotePad++
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Needs to be portable, will be taking it nearly every day.
5. How much battery life do you need? 6 hours should be normal right? I will be using it quite a bit at school but there are sockets for chargers so thats ok.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Pretty much all i need it for is so it can run web browser such as firefox and chrome, have enough hard drive space so i can dual boot linux with windows, and so it doesnt lag alot. It also needs to be able to handle Microsoft office well. Also be able to handle multiple programs as usually i have firefox open for help with code, word open for the report, notepad++ open for the actual code.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 160 GB sounds good, although 120 is also fine, it just means i have space for dual booting linux.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. no, well as long as it has a good reputation obviously
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? For atleast the next 2 years, hopefully keep going on for 5 years. I really dont know how long laptops last, im not up to date with laptops at all.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer should be fine. Dont need a blueray writer, wont need one for a few years. If its cheaper with a dvd reader then thats also fine.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. im new to buying laptops, but from friends this is what i have heard.
My close friend has a nice HP laptop, i dont know the model but its nice big screen. But my other friend has had horrible experience from Dell so i dont know if its just a one off. I dont really mind however.
13. What country do you live in? England
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The specifications do not have to be high, not looking for the best laptop in the world
Like i said just so long as it can run web browsers, handle opening images and videos to watch, handle dual booting linux and windows, have a nice clear display so i can see whats going on then it should be fine. Im not intending on playing any games on it.
Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions! I really appreciate it!