30th Olympiad Jyhad event?

As a fuzzy-headed nation awakens to the sick realisation that we only
have seven years to invent a sport or two at which we can actually beat
people, it occurs to me that it might be fun to have a VTES/Jyhad
tourney to coincide with the Olympics here. i know that is a LONG time
away but there might be saving-up-for-airfares issues for people. So,
erm, get saving!

Legbiter (or anyone), do you actually know how to propose a new event
to the IOC for inclusion?

I only ask, as I am willing to help support the application in any way
I can, but I don't know how to go about it. The venue should be able to
cope with the influx of athletes ready to flop cards on the table. The
training arena should be good as well. The only athletes in training
who's mentors are telling them

"More sugar, you must have more sugar"
"Beer, drink more"
"Coffee and Red Bull will help you start alert and focused"

Besides, it would be one in the eye on the Magic Pro Tour, HeHeHe

Andy
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge

<legbiter@mailandnews.com> schreef in bericht
> As a fuzzy-headed nation awakens to the sick realisation that we only
> have seven years to invent a sport or two at which we can actually beat
> people,

sick realisation indeed... :(

On 7 Jul 2005 02:05:45 -0700, legbiter@mailandnews.com scrawled:

>As a fuzzy-headed nation awakens to the sick realisation that we only
>have seven years to invent a sport or two at which we can actually beat
>people, it occurs to me that it might be fun to have a VTES/Jyhad
>tourney to coincide with the Olympics here. i know that is a LONG time
>away but there might be saving-up-for-airfares issues for people. So,
>erm, get saving!

assuming you were serious, and not trying to make jyhad an olympic
sport as others seem to have suggested, i don't think it'd be so good
from an international perspective. hotels and airlines are going to be
artificially scarce and expensive around the time of the olympics.

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)