Sign in with
Your question

ps2 and tv on monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 26, 2003 5:40:07 PM

I want to hook up my ps2 and also have the capability to watch tv on my computer monitor. My primary concern is playing console games on the monitor, and tv is just something that wouldn't hurt. So, I was wondering how I can do this without adding a new video card (I have a geforce3) I would like to do this relatively cheap with a simple add in card if possible. Thanks for the help.

More about : ps2 monitor

April 26, 2003 9:10:49 PM

Come on, someone has to know
April 26, 2003 10:00:35 PM

I have a TV Wonder VE from ATI, it cost me 25 bucks US at best buy. It will do everything you are requesting.

Man who sleeps with sex on mind, wakes with solution in hand.
Related resources
April 27, 2003 12:51:23 AM

No new video card needed, you just have to get a tv tuner card with AV connectivity, PCI is preferrable.

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
April 27, 2003 1:45:05 AM

I've read of problems with the ati tvwonder card under xp, is this still an issue? Anything else comparable to the ati that wont have issues under xp?
April 27, 2003 2:14:37 AM

You are right, my tv wonder card doesnt like windows xp.

Man who sleeps with sex on mind, wakes with solution in hand.
April 27, 2003 2:53:15 AM

Before i had issues with tv wonder and XP, but the new 7.9 drivers for the TV wonder fixed all of them
April 27, 2003 1:25:29 PM

There are quite a number of tv tuner card don't work under WinXP, you really have to make sure before you purchase, I believe Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe has some driver and installation problem. I'm using a cheap LifeView FlyVideo 3000 TV/FM PCI Tuner to play my PlayStation2 games on my PC monitor and I connect the audio through Optical_out to my Creative DTT3500, the quality is good and this card works well under WinXP.

You never know how stupid you are until you have done something stupid enough for you to realize it.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
April 27, 2003 8:25:41 PM

TV cards are nothing but trouble. Quality is often not great and they tend to have driver problems. I was thinking of getting an external TV-Tuner. Viewsonic makes one and you can find it for around $75. Quality is better, no diver problems, and you can use your monitor as a TV without your computer on. You do loss the ability to record though.

Athlon XP 2100+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
2x Crucial 256MB 2700
Radeon 9700 Pro
Samsung Syncmaster 152T
Vantec Aeroflow
Antec Truepower 380
!