Political Struggle X Amaranth

Here's the situation.

Vamp A uses Political Struggle in Vamp B, attacks him and uses
Amaranth. Can Vamp A uses his new votes in the following Bloodhunt?

I think that he can, because of the order of happenings on the
diablerie, according to the item 6.5.5 of the rulebook (see below):

"... Diablerie is resolved as follows:

1. All blood on the victim is moved to the diablerist. Blood in excess
of his capacity drains off as normal;
2. The diablerist may take any equipment on the victim;
3. The victim is burned (sent to his owner's ash heap). Any cards and
counters on him are also burned;
4. If the victim was older, etc, etc (about gaining capacity and
Discipline)
5. If the victim was Red List, etc, etc (about Trophies).

The steps of diablerie are treated as a single unit. No effects can be
used to interrupt the diablerie; effects may be played either before or
after, as appropriate. After diablerie, a blood hunt may be called on
the diablerist."

As I see, by playing Amaranth the diablerist starts the above seqüence
of events. In the step 3 the victim is burned, triggering the Political
Struggle text, that gives the votes to the diablerist. Right after that
he gains the capacity and disciplines, etc, etc. The Bloodhunt happens
only after ALL this, so the vamp A, the diablerist, would already
gained the votes.

Am I right?

Marlo - The Iceman

Marlo - The Iceman wrote:
> Vamp A uses Political Struggle in Vamp B, attacks him and uses
> Amaranth. Can Vamp A uses his new votes in the following Bloodhunt?

Yes. Much like Regent.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/