[DECK] "This Deck's So Cool, It'll Make You Cry!"

So after chatting it up at Origins with various people, I finally got off my
ass and put together the Moby Dick of all decks. Yes. That's right. I wanted
to get in on the ground floor.

Lorrie Dunsirn multi-Rush.

This deck is awsome. Awsome, I say. Ok, maybe it won't, like, necessarily
win any national championships or anything real soon, but man, the pure
fantasticalness of it all makes it toally worthwhile, if I say so myself,
and, man, do I.

I played this tonight in 2x four player games, and scored a total of 1GW/4VP
for the two games. Not bad, really.

"This Deck's So Cool, It'll Make You Cry!"

Crypt:
3x Anistaszdi Zagreb (8) AUS, Justicar
1x Ira Rivers (7) AUS, Prince
2x Maldavis (4) AUS, for
5x Lorrie Dunsirn (4) POT, for, superior killitude
1x Martin Franckel (3) AUS

Library:
3x Fortitude
2x Blood Doll
2x Haven Uncovered
2x Fame
2x Special Report
1x Archon Investigation
1x Stranger Among Us

4x Bum's Rush
4x Harass
2x Big Game
2x Blood Hunt
2x Second Tradition
3x Wake
8x Telepathic Misdirection
4x Precognizant Mobility
4x Telepathic Vote Counting
2x Anima Gathering
8x Rolling with the Punches
6x Unflinching Persistance
6x Freak Drive
8x Immortal Grapple
6x Taste of Vitae
7x Parity Shift
1x Praxis Seizure: Barcelona

So clearly, the plan is to get out Lorrie, Anistaszdi, and hopefully a small
AUS dude for not a huge amount of pool. Lorrie rushes and kills folks quite
nicely. The AUS guys bounce bleeds and help untap Lorrie for more killing
action. When your pool gets low, as it will quickly, call a Parity Shift
rigged with Telepathic Vote Counting which hopefully passes. Mark folks with
Blood Hunt for perma-rush. Give Lorrie +2 intercept and +1 bleed with Anima
Gathering. Untap her and block when no one expects it with Special Report.
Oh, the killing!

I'm unconvinced that the Ira Rivers is the best option, but he is a 7 point
backup Prince with AUS and useful special abilities. Maybe Maris Streck is
better, but I keep thinking 9 is just too big. And I kinda want to figure
out a way to make Lorrie's nec useful, but at best I can get +1 stealth out
of it, which isn't that useful.

I mean, like, yeah, if there is a lot of table vote presence, this deck will
have a hard time (unless, ya know, you can kill their voters...) And very
serious counter combat is problematic (Enkidu with Flesh of Marble; Flung
Junk). But other than that, the deck can move, baby.

Now as far as we can tell, you only have to pay the extra pool for Lorrie's
non hunt actions if they are successful, as non hunt actions cost her an
additional pool. If the action is unsuccessful (i.e. blocked), she/I doesn't
have to pay. Which we never noticed before. Is this correct?

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 02:20:43 -0400, Peter D Bakija
<pdb6@lightlink.com> wrote:

>Now as far as we can tell, you only have to pay the extra pool for Lorrie's
>non hunt actions if they are successful, as non hunt actions cost her an
>additional pool. If the action is unsuccessful (i.e. blocked), she/I doesn't
>have to pay. Which we never noticed before. Is this correct?

Yes, you are correct sir.

The costs of actions which are blocked are not paid.

LSJ 06-23-1998
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/7dfe785e24872bf8

Also, 6.2.3 of the online rulebook.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/

Note that the action's cost, if any, is only paid if the action
succeeds; the cost is not paid if the action is blocked.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> ....I kinda want to figure
> out a way to make Lorrie's nec useful, but at best I can get +1 stealth out
> of it, which isn't that useful.

In other decks, teamed with Iggy G and Benny G and Baldy R for example,
she gets some use out of Dead Hand, which Iggy G uses to put Fortitude
people into the dirt.

Emmit Svenson wrote:

> In other decks, teamed with Iggy G and Benny G and Baldy R for example,
> she gets some use out of Dead Hand, which Iggy G uses to put Fortitude
> people into the dirt.

Ooh--that isn't bad technology. But Lorrie in and of herself doesn't get
much of a benefit (you need NEC to ignore fortitude, right?)

In message <BEF55BD6.208D7%pdb6@lightlink.com>, Peter D Bakija
<pdb6@lightlink.com> writes:
>It is a total fringe, but I figure with 5 Lorries, I have a 93% chance of
>having her in my opening draw, and in those 7% failure spots, there is
>always the chance that the Stranger Humongous can pull my old ladies car out
>of a bad area.

In years to come, archaeologists will unearth this post and wonder what
language we all spoke on here.

Well done. :)

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

James Coupe wrote:

> In years to come, archaeologists will unearth this post and wonder what
> language we all spoke on here.
>
> Well done. :)

Heh heh. It is all about the obscurement, obfuscation, and enveigelment...

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

Peter, you beat me to it, but I've been planning for some time to team
Lorrie up with Mukhtar Bey for some expensive rushing followed by Parity
Shifting. It's a nice idea. I like the idea of Mukhtar because he's got
obf and PRE, which make for pretty nice voting. Of course, he lacks a
bounce discipline, but it's okay to get bled a little if you're Parity
Shifting a lot.

Anyway, I had some thoughts on this deck, having just played a similar
(yet Lorrie-less) one at Origins.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Rehlow wrote:

> Deck Name: +1 strength Giovanni
> Creator: Rehlow
> Deck Concept: Its mostly Lorrie Dunsirn, because her and an Immortal
> Grapple alone will get you through most combats. Most of the other
> Giovanni all have +1 strength, and with POT nec for Lorrie is more of a
> Giovanni than an Abomination.
>
> Crypt: 12 cards
>
> 2x Almodo Giovanni - dom pot - 3 cap G4
> 2x Lia Milliner - dom nec - 3 cap G3
> 4x Lorrie Dunsirn - for nec POT, lots of specials, +1 str - 4 cap G4
> 1x Benedict Giovanni - cel dom FOR nec POT, can be stolen - 6 cap G4
> 1x Don Micheal Antonio Giovanni - DOM NEC POT, 2 votes, +1 str after
> 1st round - 7 cap G4
> 1x Baldesar Rossellini - aus DOM for nec POT, special, +1 str - 8 cap
> G4
> 1x Ignazio Giovanni - DOM FOR NEC obf POT, rush <7 cap, +1 str - 9 cap
> G3
>
> (I'd like another Ignazio because his hate for wennies is useful, maybe
> drop the Don???)

I'd drop Lia for another Ignazio. Maybe both Lias for two Ignazios. Lia
can't get too much done in this deck and Ignazio is really good. Don
Michael is pretty nice with his votes. I'd keep a copy. Also, it's funny
when you press with him. He gets extra strength because he's late for
dinner and he's hungry!

> Library: 90 cards
>
> Master: 10 cards
> 4x Blood Doll
> 2x Fame
> 1x Tension in the Ranks
> 1x Morgue Hunting Ground
> 1x Guardian Angel
> 1x Depravity

Seems like you're wasting master phase actions. Maybe another Fame and
another Blood Doll? Dreams of the Sphinx is always good, especially in
your opening hand. Barrens is nice, especially in an endgame when any
bleed with your DOM guys will get you into combat. You may not need all
those rushes.

> Actions: 22 cards
> 10x Bum's Rush
> 2x Ambush
> 2x Harass
> 6x Govern the Unaligned
> 2x Sudario Refraction

14 rushes is quite a few, especially if you get Ignazio. I might rather
drop a couple and go up to 8 Governs or more. That way you'll be more
likely to get a couple early to help you get the crypt out. Lorrie for 1
pool? Can't go wrong.

Dunno about Sudario Refraction. Have you tried it? I wouldn't like to
have to discard 3 cards from my hand at random. My deck uses 2 Divine
Signs. They're pretty good, since you untap if the action isn't blocked.

> Action Modifiers: 4 cards
> 4x Freak Drive

I usually find that when it comes to Freaks, I want a lot or none. I'd
rather have Conditionings. That way you force people to block your bleeds
of 1.

> Combat: 42 cards
> 12x Immortal Grapple
> 10x Taste of Vitae
> 6x Torn Signpost
> 6x Skin of Steel
> 4x Dead Hand
> 4x Fake Out

Earthshock is lovely. That's probably more Tastes than you need unless
people play lots of hitback, in which case more prevention is probably
better. My deck uses no maneuvers, but has a few Earthshocks and an Ivory
Bow to punish those who want to run away. It's hardly foolproof, but it's
worked out well so far.

> Reactions: 12 cards
> 6x Deflection
> 6x Wake With Evenings Freshness

In a deck like this, I usually try for 8/8 as a heavy bleeder won't be too
bothered by 6 Deflections. If you don't mind rushing backward a bit, this
should be enough I guess.

> I want to try and find room for about 4 Spectral Divination to give
> Lorrie better target acquistion with +1 stealth and better vote
> defense/disruption blocking with someone with superior necromancy and
> +1 intercept.

Vote defense is nice, but I think Divine Sign would work out better for
you in that regard. If you want to make precision strikes with Lorrie,
your best bet is probably to add a couple Haven Uncovered. You have the
master space available if you cut a couple Bum's Rushes.

Lastly, rare is the Giovanni deck that can't make good use of Leonardo,
the Mortician. Mylan Horseed could also have a place here if you up the
Ignazio count.

Matt Morgan

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:

> Peter, you beat me to it, but I've been planning for some time to team
> Lorrie up with Mukhtar Bey for some expensive rushing followed by Parity
> Shifting.

Yeah, I *totally* stole that idea from some conversation we had while I was
getting tooled in the draft game somewhere. Although it might have been in
the game where I had Lorrie in play, in which case, I was doing pretty well
(let this be a lesson to everyone--if you see Lorrie Dunsirn while playing
in a draft game? Take her. Immediately.) It works out pretty well. Granted,
both games where I was playing this deck the other night, I had a Ventrue
vote deck sitting cross table from me, and Ventrue HQ was a problem, but if
I could get him to tap it (which he would frequently do in the face of my
uncompromised Justicar vote), I could easily call a Parity Shift on my next
turn with Telepathic Vote Counting. That, and something like Parity Shift
you can often pull off just by giving someone some pool.

> It's a nice idea. I like the idea of Mukhtar because he's got
> obf and PRE, which make for pretty nice voting. Of course, he lacks a
> bounce discipline, but it's okay to get bled a little if you're Parity
> Shifting a lot.

I looked into him, but I do really like the AUS for bounce, Anima Gathering,
and the Precognizant Motilities.

Rehlow wrote:

> I want to try and find room for about 4 Spectral Divination to give
> Lorrie better target acquistion with +1 stealth

Remember: If Lorrie fails to hit her original target, the action doesn't
cost you a pool, making zero stealth Rush actions a thing of beauty...

Rehlow wrote:
> Deck Name: +1 strength Giovanni
> Creator: Rehlow
> Crypt: 12 cards
>
> 2x Almodo Giovanni - dom pot - 3 cap G4
> 2x Lia Milliner - dom nec - 3 cap G3
> 4x Lorrie Dunsirn - for nec POT, lots of specials, +1 str - 4 cap G4
> 1x Benedict Giovanni - cel dom FOR nec POT, can be stolen - 6 cap G4
> 1x Don Micheal Antonio Giovanni - DOM NEC POT, 2 votes, +1 str after
> 1st round - 7 cap G4
> 1x Baldesar Rossellini - aus DOM for nec POT, special, +1 str - 8 cap
> G4
> 1x Ignazio Giovanni - DOM FOR NEC obf POT, rush <7 cap, +1 str - 9 cap
> G3
>
> (I'd like another Ignazio because his hate for wennies is useful, maybe
> drop the Don???)
>
> Library: 90 cards
>
> Master: 10 cards
> 4x Blood Doll
> 2x Fame
> 1x Tension in the Ranks
> 1x Morgue Hunting Ground
> 1x Guardian Angel
> 1x Depravity

With all those Giovanni, you really need a Dis Pater in this deck. That
card is just amazing. Depravity's a fun way to up Lorrie's basic combat
from "do 8, take 2" to "do 12, take 2". I'm generally not fond of
Tension (which too often ousts crosstable or worse, ousts you) or
hunting grounds. Add Dreams? Life in the City? Havens, and get rid of
some rush?

> Actions: 22 cards
> 10x Bum's Rush
> 2x Ambush
> 2x Harass

All these rushes paired with next to no prevention or maneuvers leads
me to believe you have softer targets in your metagame than I do in
mine. S:CE still king there?

> I want to try and find room for about 4 Spectral Divination to give
> Lorrie better target acquistion with +1 stealth and better vote
> defense/disruption blocking with someone with superior necromancy and
> +1 intercept.

For my metagame:

- 6 Bum's Rush
+ 2 Haven Uncovered
+ 4 Spectral Divination

I'd also have more Iggy G, at least 2 in a 13-card crypt.

Emmit Svenson wrote:

> With all those Giovanni, you really need a Dis Pater in this deck. That
> card is just amazing.

After tossing around ideas to sideline in a bit of nec in my Lorrie deck
(not the Giovanni one :), I'm leaning towards a couple Whispers of the
Dead--if they get blocked (zero stealth), you get in a fight for free (no
pool cost, no blood cost). If it isn't blocked, you get an important card
back. Not a bad deal.

>Depravity's a fun way to up Lorrie's basic combat
> from "do 8, take 2" to "do 12, take 2".

I was thinking about that too, but decided it is probably overkill in a deck
with not enough master space as it is.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

One option would be to use only Tremere backup. 4 Anastaz, 1 Eugenio, 1
Martin, 1 Almiro and 5 BlockHead. You could use Arcane Library and
Academic HG for light bloat.

antero wrote:

> One option would be to use only Tremere backup. 4 Anastaz, 1 Eugenio, 1
> Martin, 1 Almiro and 5 BlockHead. You could use Arcane Library and
> Academic HG for light bloat.

Yeah, I was considering that angle, but:

-Maldavis is awsome, what with the AUS/for at 4 points. I mean, like, yeah,
Primogen can hoser her or something, but mostly she just stands around
bouncing bleeds or Anima Gathering.

-I was considering Emelio Estevez, what with his AUS/for at 6, but figure
that for 7, I get an extra Prince which is not impossible to get into play
(with Lorrie and Anasasz already in play).

Although Ihave certainly considered getting a 4th Anistasz to make the
crypt:

5x Lorrie
4x Anistasz
2x Maldavis
1x Martin

But yeah, getting the Arcane Library in there to make having a second
Anistasz in my crypt draw actually pay off might be a fantastic idea.

Thanks!

Peter D Bakija wrote:

> 4x Precognizant Mobility

Everytime I make a deck with lots of Precognizant Mobility (and I've
made a bunch of them), I always wish they were Freak Drives (and if my
main vamp doesn't have FOR then I wish he did). Of course, it does
spread the blood loss around a little bit.

Also, what about adding some Perfectionists - which will encourage
people to block Lorrie, which will save you some pool. Or if you have
a Blood Doll on her, will pay you back the pool if they don't throw a
Wake to no effect. Not to mention if you draw more than one
Perfectionist, the extras go on your AUS vamps and will pay for the
Precog Mob.

Chris Berger wrote:

> Everytime I make a deck with lots of Precognizant Mobility (and I've
> made a bunch of them), I always wish they were Freak Drives (and if my
> main vamp doesn't have FOR then I wish he did). Of course, it does
> spread the blood loss around a little bit.

The Precogs step in well when:

A) Lorrie doesn't have FOR and she is blocked (so no Freak Driving).

B) You don't have an infinite number of Freak Drives.

Seems reasonable.

> Also, what about adding some Perfectionists - which will encourage
> people to block Lorrie, which will save you some pool. Or if you have
> a Blood Doll on her, will pay you back the pool if they don't throw a
> Wake to no effect. Not to mention if you draw more than one
> Perfectionist, the extras go on your AUS vamps and will pay for the
> Precog Mob.

Reasonable. Master Card slots are few and far between in a deck like this,
but heck, a Perfectionist might fit somewhere.

Peter D Bakija wrote:

> > Also, what about adding some Perfectionists - which will encourage
> > people to block Lorrie, which will save you some pool. Or if you have
> > a Blood Doll on her, will pay you back the pool if they don't throw a
> > Wake to no effect. Not to mention if you draw more than one
> > Perfectionist, the extras go on your AUS vamps and will pay for the
> > Precog Mob.
>
> Reasonable. Master Card slots are few and far between in a deck like this,
> but heck, a Perfectionist might fit somewhere.

Well, Perfectionist is useful about 99% of the time in this deck (since
Lorrie being blocked is a reasonably good thing, and Lorrie gaining
blood is also a good thing), and Stranger Among Us is only useful about
7% of the time, so there's one slot. And Haven Uncovered isn't that
much better than a Bum's Rush in this deck (it's easy to remove, and
the inherent stealth is kind of a bad thing - though it does let you
multi-rush a little bit more often), so I'd probably replace one of
those. I might also replace one Fortitude master, although you're
really hurting for maneuvers, and you need the FOR for UP. Or possibly
the Archon, since only *one* AI isn't the best bleed defense in the
world. Instead, if you get bled for lot and can't bounce, just keep
telling the rest of the table how you're praying for one of your AI's
to pop up. =)

Chris Berger wrote:

> Well, Perfectionist is useful about 99% of the time in this deck (since
> Lorrie being blocked is a reasonably good thing, and Lorrie gaining
> blood is also a good thing), and Stranger Among Us is only useful about
> 7% of the time, so there's one slot.

Oh, totally--the Stranger Humongous, like, was the first card to get the
cut. I think that slot is currently, like, a Metro Underground (so I can pay
even moe pool such that Lorrie can act a few times and then untap and block
with Anima Gathering).

> And Haven Uncovered isn't that
> much better than a Bum's Rush in this deck (it's easy to remove, and
> the inherent stealth is kind of a bad thing - though it does let you
> multi-rush a little bit more often),

It also makes the Fame oust much more likely.

> so I'd probably replace one of
> those. I might also replace one Fortitude master, although you're
> really hurting for maneuvers, and you need the FOR for UP. Or possibly
> the Archon, since only *one* AI isn't the best bleed defense in the
> world.

Certainly not. But I've gotten to the point that I generally put at least 1
AI in, like, every deck, if for no other reason than training people to be
afraid of it sometimes. People have gotten lazy. They are *way* too willing
to bleedzooka with their 11 point minion for 8 per action unblockably these
days :)

> Instead, if you get bled for lot and can't bounce, just keep
> telling the rest of the table how you're praying for one of your AI's
> to pop up. =)

Heh heh. Sometimes that works too...

Peter D Bakija wrote:

> > Instead, if you get bled for lot and can't bounce, just keep
> > telling the rest of the table how you're praying for one of your AI's
> > to pop up. =)
>
> Heh heh. Sometimes that works too...

Normally I use this one after I've already discarded (or used) the 2
AI's that I keep in my decks that use AI. Really, though, with AUS in
the deck, I think the AI could go away. If you've got them in every
other deck, people will expect you to have one anyway, which is mostly
the point of AI.

Chris Berger wrote:

> Normally I use this one after I've already discarded (or used) the 2
> AI's that I keep in my decks that use AI. Really, though, with AUS in
> the deck, I think the AI could go away. If you've got them in every
> other deck, people will expect you to have one anyway, which is mostly
> the point of AI.

Reasonable. I'm currently, though, really trying to make everyone in town
afraid of them, as no one has been playing them for a while, and after
seeing the absurdity at Origins of bleedzooka mania, I'm going AI heavy for
a while. But then, Darbro already built a counter-counter AI deck using
Chain of Command to bleedzooka with disposable minions...