Question: Cost of Sibyl's Tongue

What is the right cost of the first Sibyl's Tongue? And when does the
card goes to the ash heap - when it's played, or when it's
resolves/blocked? I figured out some possible scenarios:

A). The card goes to ash heap immediately, but the cost is fixed during
the announcement, so the first Sibyl's Tongue cost 0 blood.
B). The card goes to ash heap immediately, and the cost is determined
when it's successful, so the cost is 1 blood.
C). The card goes to ash heap when it resolves or blocked, and the cost
is 0 blood, since the card isn't in the ash heap yet.

or something else?

Yours,
Ector

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

Ector wrote:
> What is the right cost of the first Sibyl's Tongue? And when does the
> card goes to the ash heap - when it's played, or when it's
> resolves/blocked? I figured out some possible scenarios:
>
> A). The card goes to ash heap immediately, but the cost is fixed during
> the announcement, so the first Sibyl's Tongue cost 0 blood.
> B). The card goes to ash heap immediately, and the cost is determined
> when it's successful, so the cost is 1 blood.
> C). The card goes to ash heap when it resolves or blocked, and the cost
> is 0 blood, since the card isn't in the ash heap yet.
>
> or something else?
>
> Yours,
> Ector

I believe that (A) is the correct.

The card goes to the ash heap when played as per 1.6.3. of the
rulebook, but the cost is "on the card" when played. Thus your first
one costs 0, the second one costs 1 and so forth.

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

salem wrote:

> I seem to recall action cards sitting in limbo until the action is
> ended, in case, say, it's an action card you put on something, and you
> get blocked, and then form of mist, the action card doesn't go to the
> ash heap and then back to play again. it's just sort of floating
> around waiting to see where it should go.

I always thought so as well, however after re-reading the rulebook it
would imply the following sequence.

You play something like Blessings of Chaos and it goes to the ashheap.
If the action resolves successfully it is then placed on the vampire.

Most people just bypass that sequence and put it down and wait for
resolution.

David

On 10 Jul 2005 23:13:37 -0700, "quetzalcoatl" <david@vega.id.au>
scrawled:

>Ector wrote:
>> What is the right cost of the first Sibyl's Tongue? And when does the
>> card goes to the ash heap - when it's played, or when it's
>> resolves/blocked? I figured out some possible scenarios:
>>
>> A). The card goes to ash heap immediately, but the cost is fixed during
>> the announcement, so the first Sibyl's Tongue cost 0 blood.
>> B). The card goes to ash heap immediately, and the cost is determined
>> when it's successful, so the cost is 1 blood.
>> C). The card goes to ash heap when it resolves or blocked, and the cost
>> is 0 blood, since the card isn't in the ash heap yet.
>>
>> or something else?
>>
>> Yours,
>> Ector
>
>I believe that (A) is the correct.
>
>The card goes to the ash heap when played as per 1.6.3. of the
>rulebook, but the cost is "on the card" when played. Thus your first
>one costs 0, the second one costs 1 and so forth.

I seem to recall action cards sitting in limbo until the action is
ended, in case, say, it's an action card you put on something, and you
get blocked, and then form of mist, the action card doesn't go to the
ash heap and then back to play again. it's just sort of floating
around waiting to see where it should go.

so...the first one you draw costs 0 if you play it (as there's none in
the ash heap)

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

Actually, the card stays in limbo until the action resolves:

http://tinyurl.com/9q3t9

There was also a thread on Aura of Invincibility that discusses the
in-limbo nature of that card.

Ira

> ...Which is exactly what option "C" said.

True enough - my bad. I still like the keyword "limbo," though.

Ira

ira212@gmail.com wrote:
> True enough - my bad. I still like the keyword "limbo," though.

.... and I still can´t imagine cards dancing under a pole :))

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:24:51 +0200, Johannes Walch
<johannes.walch@vekn.de> scrawled:

>ira212@gmail.com wrote:
>> True enough - my bad. I still like the keyword "limbo," though.
>
>... and I still can´t imagine cards dancing under a pole :))

did someone say pole dancing!? :)

oh, wait. nevermind.

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

TRENDING THREADS