[Deck] Enkidu Potence, Celerity, Protean

Hi everyone,

I am just back from a University and work forced V:tES sabbatical
(lasting about 5 months).

I have brought a box and all of the starters from KMW. I sat down
tonight and tried to put together a deck. I am guessing that this deck
is by no means earth shatteringly original, but if you could comment on
it I would greatly appreciate it. One of my weaknesses in deck
building is having the right cards in my hand at the right time, or
having too many of one type of card, so if you could pass comment on
that as well please.

The general idea is to have Enkidu rush, punch for a lot, additional
for a lot, and have it all be agg. The other characters are there for
support.

As this is a potence, celerity, protean deck, I will only list those
disciplines on the vamps.

Crypt (12 cards)
4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

Library (89 cards)

Masters (14 cards)
1 x Potence
1 x Celerity
1 x Protean
1 x Tension in the Ranks
4 x Blood Doll
4 x Minion Tap
1 x Campground Hunting Ground
1 x Path of the Feral Heart

Action (1 card)
1 x Rampage

Reaction (6 cards)
6 x W.W.E.F.

Retainers (7 cards)
1 x Mr Winthrop
6 x Raven Spy

Combat (61 cards)
8 x Pushing the Limit
8 x Torn Signpost
10 x Flash
8 x Blur
8 x Claws of the Dead
4 x Form of Mist
8 x Flesh of Marble
1 x Fractured Armament
6 x Taste of Vitae

Once again, the premise of this deck is simple, please let me know how
I could improve it, or if you think it will work.

Thanks.
16 answers Last reply
More about deck enkidu potence celerity protean

    Indeed, and you should use some Cat Guidance for multiblock.
    You need forced march for enkidu.
    Take out the 20 or so cards that are recommended above.
    And add a couple of rushes for multirush.

    > Crypt (12 cards)
    > 4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
    > 3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
    > 2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
    > 3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

    To give another opinion, i'd keep the 4 Enkidus and try to diverse your
    _strategy_ through the other vampires.
    You should review the vampires you're using since they are all too big
    caps. Try to include some 2 or 3 mid-cap vamps using at least 2
    disciplines.

    > Library (89 cards)

    90 cards?

    > Masters (14 cards)
    > 1 x Potence
    > 1 x Celerity
    > 1 x Protean

    I agree removing there 3.
    Add 1 Fame and 1 Dragonbound.
    Maybe you might want add some other useful card like Giants Blood or
    Dreams of the Sphinx.

    > 1 x Tension in the Ranks
    > 4 x Blood Doll
    > 4 x Minion Tap
    > 1 x Campground Hunting Ground
    > 1 x Path of the Feral Heart

    I'd replace also this one for Dreams, Barrens or other useful card.

    > Action (1 card)
    > 1 x Rampage

    You need also some Bum's Rush for the other vampires. You should have 7
    or 8.
    Check Forced March.

    > Reaction (6 cards)
    > 6 x W.W.E.F.

    Try to have 1 more and some 4 or 5 Cats Guidance. Maybe Sonar is also
    an option.

    > Retainers (7 cards)
    > 1 x Mr Winthrop
    > 6 x Raven Spy

    I'd reduce to 5 intercept retainers.

    > Combat (61 cards)

    I believe 45 ~50 cards is more than enough.

    > 8 x Pushing the Limit

    I'd replace for Undead Strength. It has no cost.

    > 8 x Torn Signpost

    Reduce these to 5.

    > 10 x Flash

    Reduce to 8.

    > 8 x Blur

    Reduce to 4 and add 2 Pursuit.

    > 8 x Claws of the Dead

    > 4 x Form of Mist
    Remove these.

    > 8 x Flesh of Marble

    Reduce to 4 and add 4 Leathery Hide or Skin of Steel.

    > 1 x Fractured Armament
    > 6 x Taste of Vitae

    Add also some 6 IG or Psyche. You need it to counter S:CE.

    Hope this helps.
    ..- Luis Duarte

    kingma15 wrote:

    > Crypt (12 cards)
    > 4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
    > 3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
    > 2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
    > 3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

    I'd totally go with 5 Enkidus. Maybe take out one of the Soldats. Enkidu is
    key to the deck, so you want the 93% chance getting him.

    > Library (89 cards)

    Why not 90? I mean, like, I can see people making 80 card decks to minimize
    clumping or whatever, but 89? Weird.

    > Masters (14 cards)
    > 1 x Potence
    > 1 x Celerity
    > 1 x Protean
    > 1 x Tension in the Ranks
    > 4 x Blood Doll
    > 4 x Minion Tap
    > 1 x Campground Hunting Ground
    > 1 x Path of the Feral Heart

    Fame. You need Fame. Like, in terms of the cards that Rush decks use to
    score pool damage, the order of precidence is:

    1. Fame
    2. A second Fame
    3. A third Fame or Tension in the Ranks
    4. Tension in the Ranks (if you put in a 3rd Fame)
    5. Dragonbound

    Like, yeah, sometimes Fame gets contested, but you usually can get around
    that by, like, burning the already Famed dude. Tension is good, but it can
    be removed quickly by determined opponents and occasionally 'casues too much
    damage to people who aren't your prey. Dragonbound is good, but the hand
    size loss is often an issue.

    > Action (1 card)
    > 1 x Rampage
    >
    > Reaction (6 cards)
    > 6 x W.W.E.F.

    As you don't have any reaction cards, and will only ever be waking to block
    something with your permanent intercept, these should clearly be Forceds.

    > Retainers (7 cards)
    > 1 x Mr Winthrop
    > 6 x Raven Spy
    >
    > Combat (61 cards)
    > 8 x Pushing the Limit
    > 8 x Torn Signpost
    > 10 x Flash
    > 8 x Blur
    > 8 x Claws of the Dead
    > 4 x Form of Mist
    > 8 x Flesh of Marble
    > 1 x Fractured Armament
    > 6 x Taste of Vitae

    You might want to replace the Claws of the Dead with Immortal
    Grapple--otherwise, if your opponents play S:CE, you are hosed--the large
    hand strikes you'll be raining on your opponents will likely be enough to
    torp them. And the Blur might better be Acrobatics--if you get in a fight
    with another Gangrel or a Tzimisce, you'll want to Dodge their aggro hand
    strikes, and one additional strike will usually be enough to kill someone
    anyway. Enkidu with Flesh of Marble, IG, and 1 extra strike will kill most
    minions, certainly in the mid game. Enkidu with TS, IG, and 1 extra strike
    will kill anyone ever, and mid game, a dodge/additional strike from Enkidu
    that is beefed up by a TS or PtL will kill pretty much anyone.

    Not bad!

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
    easily spilled liquids to naked people."
    -Brittni Meil

    "kingma15" <tasslehoff_burrfoot@optushome.com.au> schreef in bericht

    > Crypt (12 cards)
    > 4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
    > 3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
    > 2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
    > 3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

    your using a 9 cap vamp as support for an 11 cap? Is 4 Enkidu enough? You
    have no rushes, so the other cannot attack minions. I'd try to make them
    smaller. and focus on 1 (or maybe 2) disciplines for the smaller guys, say,
    Cel and pro or even 5 Enkidu and 7 protean weenies.

    > Library (89 cards)
    >
    > Masters (14 cards)
    > 1 x Potence
    > 1 x Celerity
    > 1 x Protean

    ditch all three.
    > 1 x Tension in the Ranks
    > 4 x Blood Doll
    > 4 x Minion Tap
    > 1 x Campground Hunting Ground
    > 1 x Path of the Feral Heart

    Fame? ditch the Path: It's not worth it in this deck: you can't keep it, so
    it'll just mean that you save 1 blood.

    > Action (1 card)
    > 1 x Rampage
    >
    > Reaction (6 cards)
    > 6 x W.W.E.F.
    >
    > Retainers (7 cards)
    > 1 x Mr Winthrop
    > 6 x Raven Spy

    > Combat (61 cards)
    > 8 x Pushing the Limit
    > 8 x Torn Signpost

    Overkill. Enkidu has +2 strenght, if you can blur that's nine damage
    already. enough to blow anyone away. replace with Psyche!

    > 10 x Flash
    > 8 x Blur
    > 8 x Claws of the Dead
    > 4 x Form of Mist

    Why?

    > 8 x Flesh of Marble
    > 1 x Fractured Armament
    > 6 x Taste of Vitae
    >
    > Once again, the premise of this deck is simple, please let me know how
    > I could improve it, or if you think it will work.

    couple of remarks: How does this win? Your doing nothing for 3-4 turns
    bringing out Enkidu. Then you can do exactly 1 thing: employ a retainer or
    use his inbuilt rush. You need more actions! look into Forced March or even
    Dual Form. Even with the Raven spies: only 6 WWEF is a bit low. And like any
    one man show: some cards devastate your deck. Without the psyche! it's
    completely foiled by S:CE, and they only need 1 each turn.

    >>Enkidu with TS, IG, and 1 extra strike
    > will kill anyone ever...

    Hmmm...I seem to recall this strange discipline with cards that can
    prevent all damage from multiple strikes. No wait, I must have been
    dreaming, because everyone knows that there's no way to survive Enkidu.

    How about this one: 1 point of aggravated damage and an expendable
    diablerist kills Enkidu every time.

    Not bad?

    Cthulukitty

    Cthulukitty wrote:

    > Hmmm...I seem to recall this strange discipline with cards that can
    > prevent all damage from multiple strikes. No wait, I must have been
    > dreaming, because everyone knows that there's no way to survive Enkidu.

    Yeah, see, if Enkidu's opponents have a lot of Fortitue, he is pretty much
    screwed anyway, so there really isn't any point in worrying about it.

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
    easily spilled liquids to naked people."
    -Brittni Meil

    Thanks everyone for your help with this deck, I made a lot of the
    suggested modifications and played it last night. It went pretty well.
    Further play testing is required, but your help has been invaluable.
    Thanks again.

    As you said Peter, Enkidu is screwed if my opponent plays with a lot of
    fortitude.

    >How about this one: 1 point of aggravated damage and an expendable
    >diablerist kills Enkidu every time.

    Cthulukitty, that is why I am playing with the Acrobatics, if someone
    is trying to agg poke me, I just dodge their strike and gain an
    additional.

    Thanks again everyone.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Peter D Bakija wrote:

    > Exactly. I mean, like, you can worry about it, or not. If you run into a
    > deck full of FOR and like 15 Skin of Steel, you are totally tooled. But that
    > happens some times. If you run into light fortitude, you'll probably do just
    > fine. But sometimes you just get trumped, and is there isn't that much you
    > can do about it, youmight as well not worry about it.

    And that is one of the things I like about this game, that there are
    very few combos that are invincible. There is always something that
    trumps something else.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    kingma15 wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > The general idea is to have Enkidu rush, punch for a lot, additional
    > for a lot, and have it all be agg. The other characters are there for
    > support.

    In addition to all the very fine comments so far, I would really,
    really, seriouslly add about 2-4 confusion of the eye. Coupled with
    hopefully more wakes/cats guidance in the deck, these can go a long way
    towards avoiding unnecesary pool loss and most importantly, Enkidu
    disapearing due to a PTO. Which will just ruin your day.

    And heck, you can even play them to reduce a bleed by 1.

  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    kingma15 wrote:

    > As you said Peter, Enkidu is screwed if my opponent plays with a lot of
    > fortitude.

    Exactly. I mean, like, you can worry about it, or not. If you run into a
    deck full of FOR and like 15 Skin of Steel, you are totally tooled. But that
    happens some times. If you run into light fortitude, you'll probably do just
    fine. But sometimes you just get trumped, and is there isn't that much you
    can do about it, youmight as well not worry about it.

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
    easily spilled liquids to naked people."
    -Brittni Meil
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    >>Cthulukitty, that is why I am playing with the Acrobatics, if someone
    is trying to agg poke me, I just dodge their strike and gain an
    additional.

    My post was in response to Peter, who recommended using Immortal
    Grapple, in which case dodging would not be possible, and no other
    methods of getting around aggravated damage are present. Personally, I
    would avoid playing an 11 capacity vampire whose only defense against
    agg damage is acrobatics. It's just too unreliable for such a huge
    investment. I also wouldn't necessarily say that Enkidu is screwed if
    your opponents play fortitude. There is always the option of pressing,
    and it's typically not hard to flush out copies of Skin of Steel over a
    couple rounds of combat.

    Cthulukitty
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    There is the option to go with superior THA and add some
    Rutor's Hand, Enkidu can become VERY ugly when you add THA.

    Yeah, they call him Gwendolyn when that happens...

    But seriously, if you're going to add thaumaturgy, you might as well
    add blood fury and agg it.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Peter D Bakija wrote:
    > Cthulukitty wrote:
    >
    > > My post was in response to Peter, who recommended using Immortal
    > > Grapple, in which case dodging would not be possible, and no other
    > > methods of getting around aggravated damage are present.
    >
    > Of course you use IG in the deck. But you don't IG dudes with protean.
    > 'Cause that is just a bad idea.

    And why is that? If they're going to agg poke and you were not
    dodging, there is nothing wrong with playing IG. On the other hand, if
    they were going to dodge or sce themselves, you have every reason to
    grapple them.

    I don't see it really being a bad idea unless you are wanting to dodge
    yourself. Instead of acrobatics, perhaps sideslip is the better choice
    here. Or heck, fortitude even, albeit at inferior.

  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    talonz wrote:

    > And why is that? If they're going to agg poke and you were not
    > dodging, there is nothing wrong with playing IG. On the other hand, if
    > they were going to dodge or sce themselves, you have every reason to
    > grapple them.
    >
    > I don't see it really being a bad idea unless you are wanting to dodge
    > yourself. Instead of acrobatics, perhaps sideslip is the better choice
    > here. Or heck, fortitude even, albeit at inferior.

    Oh, sure--but given that the deck had, like, Acrobatics in it, you dodge
    then additional strike. Or, modify the deck to use Sideslip. Or whatever.

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
    easily spilled liquids to naked people."
    -Brittni Meil
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "kingma15" <tasslehoff_burrfoot@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

    > As you said Peter, Enkidu is screwed if my opponent plays with a lot of
    > fortitude.
    >

    >>How about this one: 1 point of aggravated damage and an expendable
    >>diablerist kills Enkidu every time.
    >
    > Cthulukitty, that is why I am playing with the Acrobatics, if someone
    > is trying to agg poke me, I just dodge their strike and gain an
    > additional.

    Enkidu based decks can't really afford to be screwed just because your
    opponent has Fortitude in my opinion, otherwise you are just rolling the
    dice as to who you come up against.

    Enkidu has had problems in my group because Fortitude is very common, as is
    agg damage.

    I have yet to test my new Enkidu deck but I included some THA discipline
    cards and some Blood Rage. Only need basic THA and Enkidu stops FOR
    prevention and is protected from weapon strikes. Can't really ask for much
    more than that. There is the option to go with superior THA and add some
    Rutor's Hand, Enkidu can become VERY ugly when you add THA.
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    <nozleopeli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > But seriously, if you're going to add thaumaturgy, you might as well
    > add blood fury and agg it.

    The agg goes without saying, but I prefer rage over fury because of the 1
    blood cost of fury. Do not generally need the extra damage with Enkidu, it
    is usually overkill.

    It may sound tight, but I have added a lot of cruddy low cap vampires with
    Enkidu and they can't really afford the blood cost, and the extra damage
    does not have a significant benefit.

Video Games