[Deck] Enkidu Potence, Celerity, Protean

Hi everyone,

I am just back from a University and work forced V:tES sabbatical
(lasting about 5 months).

I have brought a box and all of the starters from KMW. I sat down
tonight and tried to put together a deck. I am guessing that this deck
is by no means earth shatteringly original, but if you could comment on
it I would greatly appreciate it. One of my weaknesses in deck
building is having the right cards in my hand at the right time, or
having too many of one type of card, so if you could pass comment on
that as well please.

The general idea is to have Enkidu rush, punch for a lot, additional
for a lot, and have it all be agg. The other characters are there for
support.

As this is a potence, celerity, protean deck, I will only list those
disciplines on the vamps.

Crypt (12 cards)
4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

Library (89 cards)

Masters (14 cards)
1 x Potence
1 x Celerity
1 x Protean
1 x Tension in the Ranks
4 x Blood Doll
4 x Minion Tap
1 x Campground Hunting Ground
1 x Path of the Feral Heart

Action (1 card)
1 x Rampage

Reaction (6 cards)
6 x W.W.E.F.

Retainers (7 cards)
1 x Mr Winthrop
6 x Raven Spy

Combat (61 cards)
8 x Pushing the Limit
8 x Torn Signpost
10 x Flash
8 x Blur
8 x Claws of the Dead
4 x Form of Mist
8 x Flesh of Marble
1 x Fractured Armament
6 x Taste of Vitae

Once again, the premise of this deck is simple, please let me know how
I could improve it, or if you think it will work.

Thanks.

Indeed, and you should use some Cat Guidance for multiblock.
You need forced march for enkidu.
Take out the 20 or so cards that are recommended above.
And add a couple of rushes for multirush.

> Crypt (12 cards)
> 4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
> 3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
> 2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
> 3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

To give another opinion, i'd keep the 4 Enkidus and try to diverse your
_strategy_ through the other vampires.
You should review the vampires you're using since they are all too big
caps. Try to include some 2 or 3 mid-cap vamps using at least 2
disciplines.

> Library (89 cards)

90 cards?

> Masters (14 cards)
> 1 x Potence
> 1 x Celerity
> 1 x Protean

I agree removing there 3.
Add 1 Fame and 1 Dragonbound.
Maybe you might want add some other useful card like Giants Blood or
Dreams of the Sphinx.

> 1 x Tension in the Ranks
> 4 x Blood Doll
> 4 x Minion Tap
> 1 x Campground Hunting Ground
> 1 x Path of the Feral Heart

I'd replace also this one for Dreams, Barrens or other useful card.

> Action (1 card)
> 1 x Rampage

You need also some Bum's Rush for the other vampires. You should have 7
or 8.
Check Forced March.

> Reaction (6 cards)
> 6 x W.W.E.F.

Try to have 1 more and some 4 or 5 Cats Guidance. Maybe Sonar is also
an option.

> Retainers (7 cards)
> 1 x Mr Winthrop
> 6 x Raven Spy

I'd reduce to 5 intercept retainers.

> Combat (61 cards)

I believe 45 ~50 cards is more than enough.

> 8 x Pushing the Limit

I'd replace for Undead Strength. It has no cost.

> 8 x Torn Signpost

Reduce these to 5.

> 10 x Flash

Reduce to 8.

> 8 x Blur

Reduce to 4 and add 2 Pursuit.

> 8 x Claws of the Dead

> 4 x Form of Mist
Remove these.

> 8 x Flesh of Marble

Reduce to 4 and add 4 Leathery Hide or Skin of Steel.

> 1 x Fractured Armament
> 6 x Taste of Vitae

Add also some 6 IG or Psyche. You need it to counter S:CE.

Hope this helps.
..- Luis Duarte

kingma15 wrote:

> Crypt (12 cards)
> 4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
> 3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
> 2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
> 3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

I'd totally go with 5 Enkidus. Maybe take out one of the Soldats. Enkidu is
key to the deck, so you want the 93% chance getting him.

> Library (89 cards)

Why not 90? I mean, like, I can see people making 80 card decks to minimize
clumping or whatever, but 89? Weird.

> Masters (14 cards)
> 1 x Potence
> 1 x Celerity
> 1 x Protean
> 1 x Tension in the Ranks
> 4 x Blood Doll
> 4 x Minion Tap
> 1 x Campground Hunting Ground
> 1 x Path of the Feral Heart

Fame. You need Fame. Like, in terms of the cards that Rush decks use to
score pool damage, the order of precidence is:

1. Fame
2. A second Fame
3. A third Fame or Tension in the Ranks
4. Tension in the Ranks (if you put in a 3rd Fame)
5. Dragonbound

Like, yeah, sometimes Fame gets contested, but you usually can get around
that by, like, burning the already Famed dude. Tension is good, but it can
be removed quickly by determined opponents and occasionally 'casues too much
damage to people who aren't your prey. Dragonbound is good, but the hand
size loss is often an issue.

> Action (1 card)
> 1 x Rampage
>
> Reaction (6 cards)
> 6 x W.W.E.F.

As you don't have any reaction cards, and will only ever be waking to block
something with your permanent intercept, these should clearly be Forceds.

> Retainers (7 cards)
> 1 x Mr Winthrop
> 6 x Raven Spy
>
> Combat (61 cards)
> 8 x Pushing the Limit
> 8 x Torn Signpost
> 10 x Flash
> 8 x Blur
> 8 x Claws of the Dead
> 4 x Form of Mist
> 8 x Flesh of Marble
> 1 x Fractured Armament
> 6 x Taste of Vitae

You might want to replace the Claws of the Dead with Immortal
Grapple--otherwise, if your opponents play S:CE, you are hosed--the large
hand strikes you'll be raining on your opponents will likely be enough to
torp them. And the Blur might better be Acrobatics--if you get in a fight
with another Gangrel or a Tzimisce, you'll want to Dodge their aggro hand
strikes, and one additional strike will usually be enough to kill someone
anyway. Enkidu with Flesh of Marble, IG, and 1 extra strike will kill most
minions, certainly in the mid game. Enkidu with TS, IG, and 1 extra strike
will kill anyone ever, and mid game, a dodge/additional strike from Enkidu
that is beefed up by a TS or PtL will kill pretty much anyone.

Not bad!

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

"kingma15" <tasslehoff_burrfoot@optushome.com.au> schreef in bericht

> Crypt (12 cards)
> 4 x Enkidu, the Noah (PRO, POT, CEL) - 11 cap
> 3 x Soldat (PRO, POT, cel) - 7 cap
> 2 x Jalan-Aajar (PRO, POT, CEL) - 9 cap
> 3 x Skryta Zyleta (pot, pro, CEL) - 5 cap

your using a 9 cap vamp as support for an 11 cap? Is 4 Enkidu enough? You
have no rushes, so the other cannot attack minions. I'd try to make them
smaller. and focus on 1 (or maybe 2) disciplines for the smaller guys, say,
Cel and pro or even 5 Enkidu and 7 protean weenies.

> Library (89 cards)
>
> Masters (14 cards)
> 1 x Potence
> 1 x Celerity
> 1 x Protean

ditch all three.
> 1 x Tension in the Ranks
> 4 x Blood Doll
> 4 x Minion Tap
> 1 x Campground Hunting Ground
> 1 x Path of the Feral Heart

Fame? ditch the Path: It's not worth it in this deck: you can't keep it, so
it'll just mean that you save 1 blood.

> Action (1 card)
> 1 x Rampage
>
> Reaction (6 cards)
> 6 x W.W.E.F.
>
> Retainers (7 cards)
> 1 x Mr Winthrop
> 6 x Raven Spy

> Combat (61 cards)
> 8 x Pushing the Limit
> 8 x Torn Signpost

Overkill. Enkidu has +2 strenght, if you can blur that's nine damage
already. enough to blow anyone away. replace with Psyche!

> 10 x Flash
> 8 x Blur
> 8 x Claws of the Dead
> 4 x Form of Mist

Why?

> 8 x Flesh of Marble
> 1 x Fractured Armament
> 6 x Taste of Vitae
>
> Once again, the premise of this deck is simple, please let me know how
> I could improve it, or if you think it will work.

couple of remarks: How does this win? Your doing nothing for 3-4 turns
bringing out Enkidu. Then you can do exactly 1 thing: employ a retainer or
use his inbuilt rush. You need more actions! look into Forced March or even
Dual Form. Even with the Raven spies: only 6 WWEF is a bit low. And like any
one man show: some cards devastate your deck. Without the psyche! it's
completely foiled by S:CE, and they only need 1 each turn.

>>Enkidu with TS, IG, and 1 extra strike
> will kill anyone ever...

Hmmm...I seem to recall this strange discipline with cards that can
prevent all damage from multiple strikes. No wait, I must have been
dreaming, because everyone knows that there's no way to survive Enkidu.

How about this one: 1 point of aggravated damage and an expendable
diablerist kills Enkidu every time.

Not bad?

Cthulukitty

Cthulukitty wrote:

> Hmmm...I seem to recall this strange discipline with cards that can
> prevent all damage from multiple strikes. No wait, I must have been
> dreaming, because everyone knows that there's no way to survive Enkidu.

Yeah, see, if Enkidu's opponents have a lot of Fortitue, he is pretty much
screwed anyway, so there really isn't any point in worrying about it.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

Thanks everyone for your help with this deck, I made a lot of the
suggested modifications and played it last night. It went pretty well.
Further play testing is required, but your help has been invaluable.
Thanks again.

As you said Peter, Enkidu is screwed if my opponent plays with a lot of
fortitude.

>How about this one: 1 point of aggravated damage and an expendable
>diablerist kills Enkidu every time.

Cthulukitty, that is why I am playing with the Acrobatics, if someone
is trying to agg poke me, I just dodge their strike and gain an
additional.

Thanks again everyone.

Peter D Bakija wrote:

> Exactly. I mean, like, you can worry about it, or not. If you run into a
> deck full of FOR and like 15 Skin of Steel, you are totally tooled. But that
> happens some times. If you run into light fortitude, you'll probably do just
> fine. But sometimes you just get trumped, and is there isn't that much you
> can do about it, youmight as well not worry about it.

And that is one of the things I like about this game, that there are
very few combos that are invincible. There is always something that
trumps something else.

kingma15 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The general idea is to have Enkidu rush, punch for a lot, additional
> for a lot, and have it all be agg. The other characters are there for
> support.

In addition to all the very fine comments so far, I would really,
really, seriouslly add about 2-4 confusion of the eye. Coupled with
hopefully more wakes/cats guidance in the deck, these can go a long way
towards avoiding unnecesary pool loss and most importantly, Enkidu
disapearing due to a PTO. Which will just ruin your day.

And heck, you can even play them to reduce a bleed by 1.

kingma15 wrote:

> As you said Peter, Enkidu is screwed if my opponent plays with a lot of
> fortitude.

Exactly. I mean, like, you can worry about it, or not. If you run into a
deck full of FOR and like 15 Skin of Steel, you are totally tooled. But that
happens some times. If you run into light fortitude, you'll probably do just
fine. But sometimes you just get trumped, and is there isn't that much you
can do about it, youmight as well not worry about it.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

>>Cthulukitty, that is why I am playing with the Acrobatics, if someone
is trying to agg poke me, I just dodge their strike and gain an
additional.

My post was in response to Peter, who recommended using Immortal
Grapple, in which case dodging would not be possible, and no other
methods of getting around aggravated damage are present. Personally, I
would avoid playing an 11 capacity vampire whose only defense against
agg damage is acrobatics. It's just too unreliable for such a huge
investment. I also wouldn't necessarily say that Enkidu is screwed if
your opponents play fortitude. There is always the option of pressing,
and it's typically not hard to flush out copies of Skin of Steel over a
couple rounds of combat.

Cthulukitty

There is the option to go with superior THA and add some
Rutor's Hand, Enkidu can become VERY ugly when you add THA.

Yeah, they call him Gwendolyn when that happens...

But seriously, if you're going to add thaumaturgy, you might as well
add blood fury and agg it.

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> Cthulukitty wrote:
>
> > My post was in response to Peter, who recommended using Immortal
> > Grapple, in which case dodging would not be possible, and no other
> > methods of getting around aggravated damage are present.
>
> Of course you use IG in the deck. But you don't IG dudes with protean.
> 'Cause that is just a bad idea.

And why is that? If they're going to agg poke and you were not
dodging, there is nothing wrong with playing IG. On the other hand, if
they were going to dodge or sce themselves, you have every reason to
grapple them.

I don't see it really being a bad idea unless you are wanting to dodge
yourself. Instead of acrobatics, perhaps sideslip is the better choice
here. Or heck, fortitude even, albeit at inferior.

talonz wrote:

> And why is that? If they're going to agg poke and you were not
> dodging, there is nothing wrong with playing IG. On the other hand, if
> they were going to dodge or sce themselves, you have every reason to
> grapple them.
>
> I don't see it really being a bad idea unless you are wanting to dodge
> yourself. Instead of acrobatics, perhaps sideslip is the better choice
> here. Or heck, fortitude even, albeit at inferior.

Oh, sure--but given that the deck had, like, Acrobatics in it, you dodge
then additional strike. Or, modify the deck to use Sideslip. Or whatever.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

tas

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2002

"kingma15" <tasslehoff_burrfoot@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

> As you said Peter, Enkidu is screwed if my opponent plays with a lot of
> fortitude.
>

>>How about this one: 1 point of aggravated damage and an expendable
>>diablerist kills Enkidu every time.
>
> Cthulukitty, that is why I am playing with the Acrobatics, if someone
> is trying to agg poke me, I just dodge their strike and gain an
> additional.

Enkidu based decks can't really afford to be screwed just because your
opponent has Fortitude in my opinion, otherwise you are just rolling the
dice as to who you come up against.

Enkidu has had problems in my group because Fortitude is very common, as is
agg damage.

I have yet to test my new Enkidu deck but I included some THA discipline
cards and some Blood Rage. Only need basic THA and Enkidu stops FOR
prevention and is protected from weapon strikes. Can't really ask for much
more than that. There is the option to go with superior THA and add some

<nozleopeli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> But seriously, if you're going to add thaumaturgy, you might as well
> add blood fury and agg it.

The agg goes without saying, but I prefer rage over fury because of the 1
blood cost of fury. Do not generally need the extra damage with Enkidu, it
is usually overkill.

It may sound tight, but I have added a lot of cruddy low cap vampires with
Enkidu and they can't really afford the blood cost, and the extra damage
does not have a significant benefit.