Quick Portsmouth Tourney report

So the final took place this Wednesday, and in order the finalists
were:

Michael "Anklebiter" McClellan, playing !Brujah bash-bleed, on the turn
of a card from;

John "Drummer" Keech, playing Stanislawa bleeds for buckets [the one he
used to win the Austrian qualifier at the last-but-one Euros];

Steve Read, playing Arika multi-actions;

Alex Ofthesecretsecondname, playing Ravnos dominate/chimerstry
stealth-bleed;

James "Legbiter" McClellan on the turn of a card from Carolyn Colwell,
playing weenie auspex guns.

Anklebiter went first and got 1 VP. So did Alex. I got the rest. It was
a TOUGH game, so now i will get some kip and give a proper report, erm,
soon. Also we are entertaining Jim Parker from Melbourne, who made the
pilgrimage up from Brighton where he is on a working holiday, and he
and John and Carolyn had a fun game once John was out.
3 answers Last reply
More about quick portsmouth tourney report

    legbiter@mailandnews.com wrote:

    > soon. Also we are entertaining Jim Parker from Melbourne, who made the
    > pilgrimage up from Brighton where he is on a working holiday, and he
    > and John and Carolyn had a fun game once John was out.

    Which version of Jim though? Normal Jim? Or Surly Jim? :)

    David

    2. quetzalcoatl   Jul 13, 7:47 pm     show options
    Newsgroups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad
    From: "quetzalcoatl" <d...@vega.id.au> - Find messages by this author
    Date: 13 Jul 2005 16:47:43 -0700
    Subject: Re: Quick Portsmouth Tourney report
    Reply |Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show
    original| Report Abuse

    "legbi...@mailandnews.com wrote:
    > soon. Also we are entertaining Jim Parker from Melbourne, who made the
    > pilgrimage up from Brighton where he is on a working holiday, and he
    > and John and Carolyn had a fun game once John was out.

    Which version of Jim though? Normal Jim? Or Surly Jim? :)

    David"

    After all the cider and vodka we made him drink it's hard to tell.
    Horizontal Jim, perhaps.

    The first Portsmouth Sanctioned Constructed Tournament since, erm, ages
    ago took place in the Northcote Hotel, Francis Avenu, over 4
    consecutive Wednesday nights, with the final on the 13th of July. The
    following Methuselahs took part, and here were their scores at the end
    of 3 rounds:

    Michael "Anklebiter" McClellan GW2 VP6
    John "Drummer" Keech GW2 VP6
    Steve Read GW 1 VP 3
    Alex GW0 VP2
    James "Legbiter" McClellan GW0 VP1
    Carolyn Colwell GW0 VP1
    Garry Scarlett GW0 VP0
    Richard Bennet GW0 VP0

    With such a small tournament the multi-deck and multi-judge rules were
    in force. Michael and John were really equal and so were Carolyn and
    Legbiter, so cards were turned to determine who had precedence.

    The order of play in the final was:
    Michael [!Brujah bash-bleed, in fact the deck which won the last,
    unsanctioned tournament here]
    Alex [Ravnos dominate/chimerstry stealth-bleed]
    John [Stanislawa Huge Bleeds, the deck with which he won the Austrian
    Qualifier at the last-but-one Euros]
    Legbiter [Weenie Auspex guns]
    Steve [Arika multi-actions]

    John fell first, unable to break through the weenie intercept wall and
    relentlessly bled by Alex's Ravnos. Next was Steve, kicked in by combat
    from Michael and intercept including the odd Eagle's Sight from me.
    Then Alex [no minions]. Then it came down to a father-son duel which
    fluctuated quite a bit but finally ended with Michael decked and the
    Triumph of the Legbiter!

    Here is the deck. It is not eligible for the TWDA because of the
    multi-deck rules. But it is quite good. Probably needs to come down to
    75 cards because when it fails it is usually the result of hand-jam. In
    its original form it contained another Sudden Reversal, but functioned
    on the night perfectly well when that card got accidentally stuck in
    the box.

    DECK NAME: Kids and Guns
    CREATED BY: Legbiter
    CONCEPT: Get guns. Intercept! Kill! Swarm!

    CRYPT [12 vampires aus/AUS groups 1-2, capacity 1-4]
    Aleph
    Brazil
    Dan Murdock
    Dollface