[Deck] Harbringers Block

So after the really helpful advice I got for my Enkidu deck (thanks
everyone), I thought I might post my next deck idea - a Harbringers
block deck. Featuring a guest apperance by Angela Preston (who untaps
others, and adds one intercept through Tourette's Voice).

Crypt (12 cards) I will only list the disciplines I plan to use
3 x Angela Preston (for, MEL)- 5 cap
3 x Unre, Keeper of Golgotha (AUS, FORT, NEC) - 9 cap
3 x Agatias, The Scholar of Antiquities (for, AUS, NEC) - 6 cap
3 x Egotha (AUS, FORT, NEC) - 7 cap

Library (90 cards)

Masters (16 cards)
1 x The Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
4 x Blood Doll
2 x Minion Tap
1 x Slave Auction
1 x The Rack
1 x Vast Wealth
2 x Archon Investigation
2 x Fortitude
1 x Auspex
1 x The Barens

Equipment (7 cards)
1 x Bowl of Convergence
1 x The Sargon Fragment
1 x Black Gloves
3 x Brass Knuckles
1 x Erebus Mask

Retainers (4 cards)
4 x Masquer (Wraith)

Action Modifier (8 cards)
2 x The Kiss of Ra
3 x Freak Drive
3 x Shroud Mastery

Reactions (29 cards)
8 x Tourette's Voice
4 x Enhanced Senses
4 x Spirits Touch
3 x Precognition
4 x Telepathic Counter
2 x WWEF (So that Angela doesn't burn a blood to lend intercept)
4 x Forced Awakening

Combat (26 cards)
4 x Skin of Rock
3 x Unflinching Persistence
4 x Superior Mettle
4 x Skin of Steel
2 x Mercy for Seth
5 x Dead Hand
4 x Breath of Thanatos

So yeah, it is a very reactive deck.

I think it needs some Eagles Sight (maybe I could drop the Shroud
Mastery?). Also, I am not too sure of the ratio of combat cards to
reaction cards, as well as prevent to strike cards.

Thanks everyone,

Luke

well, it's nice. i would not consider it to be a wall deck per se, even
though it still blocks quite nicely.

let's take a look?

Crypt (12 cards) I will only list the disciplines I plan to use
3 x Angela Preston (for, MEL)- 5 cap
3 x Unre, Keeper of Golgotha (AUS, FORT, NEC) - 9 cap
3 x Agatias, The Scholar of Antiquities (for, AUS, NEC) - 6 cap
3 x Egotha (AUS, FORT, NEC) - 7 cap

> i like the angela preston idea......might try it on my own harbinger wall....

Library (90 cards)

Masters (16 cards)
1 x The Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
4 x Blood Doll
2 x Minion Tap
1 x Slave Auction
1 x The Rack
1 x Vast Wealth
2 x Archon Investigation
2 x Fortitude
1 x Auspex
1 x The Barens

I'd take 1 Archon Investigation, Auspex and Vast Wealth out, add 2
Rötschreck and Anthelios, the Red Star (another nice way to cycle your
hand, alongside with NEC).

Equipment (7 cards)
1 x Bowl of Convergence
1 x The Sargon Fragment
1 x Black Gloves
3 x Brass Knuckles
1 x Erebus Mask

>hmmm weird...i don't see the use to brass knuckles. the bowl, black gloves and sargon fragment are a-ok, erebus is a nce touch, but the knuckles strike me as odd. perhaps some other agg dealing equipment (to increase the rötschreck capability?) such as the ivory bow (or flamethrower, though expensive) and blowtorch ...

Retainers (4 cards)
4 x Masquer (Wraith)

Action Modifier (8 cards)
2 x The Kiss of Ra
3 x Freak Drive
3 x Shroud Mastery

> call of the hungry dead....really...

Reactions (29 cards)
8 x Tourette's Voice
4 x Enhanced Senses
4 x Spirits Touch
3 x Precognition
4 x Telepathic Counter
2 x WWEF (So that Angela doesn't burn a blood to lend intercept)
4 x Forced Awakening

> for a block deck, i think you either will never act (so you can remain untapped and block) or you actually plan on influencing out 4 minions (high cost ones, btw). i'd drop the tel. counter for misdirections (+1 intercept if need be, or, if you can't block (and then problably no one else can) send it to your prey, and also increase the # of Forceds on this one (i use 12 on my harbinger wall deck.)

Combat (26 cards)
4 x Skin of Rock
3 x Unflinching Persistence
4 x Superior Mettle
4 x Skin of Steel
2 x Mercy for Seth
5 x Dead Hand
4 x Breath of Thanatos

> hmmmm don't know. a few superior mettle and a few skin of steel, 6 unflinching persistence (when you block with someone who can't deal agg from long range) and all the rest of it would be breath of thanatos in my book.

please note that those observations are all made from ym own view of
the block technique with the harbingers... i'll drop by later and post
the decklist if you want..

Cheers
Luciano "The Baital" de Sampaio
VEKN Anarch Baron de Curitiba
VEKN Baali Clan Newsletter Editor (i hope)

Yeah, Luciano, post your block deck. I would like to see it!

Luke

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, kingma15 wrote:

> So yeah, it is a very reactive deck.

Exactly the problem. Your deck has no ousting mechanism. You might
occasionally get 2 VPs with it if everyone plays fast, but you're more
likely to get .5 table after table as you do nothing to your prey ever and
defend against your predator (perhaps successive predators) for a very
dull two hours.

Here's a few ideas for making this deck into something that can gain VPs:

* Make your guys Anarchs, play a bunch of Anarch Revolts and stop your
prey from going Anarch. You'll want to add some good combat and a few
rushes.

* Add 3+ copies of Smiling Jack and defend him.

* Add some more agg damage weapons and rush actions, torporize your prey's
vampires and play Dragonbound. Now you just block rescue/diablerie
actions.

Or combine two or more of those. There are a few other options available
to Harbingers (vote, Pulse bleed, milling, Shambling Hordes), but if you
want to play Harbinger intercept, those are probably your best bets.

Matt Morgan