[Deck] Mata and Tatiana - comments appreciated

Last response: in Video Games
July 14, 2005 10:01:33 AM

The trick: Get out Mata first and protect her right away, or have a
chump blocker first.

Sibyl's up the arms-fetching stuff and the war ghouls when wanted.
Build intercept, MR guns and war ghouls, block what you want, kill what
you want.

There's so many seperately moving parts, I may need to add 3 more
dreams - or learjet (which I'm loving).

What would YOU change?

Deck Name: Ravnos dealers allies

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 28, Avg: 5,41)
5 Mata Hari aus for qui CHI OBF 7 Ravnos
1 Zip ani 2 Ravnos
1 Marion French ani chi 3 Ravnos
1 Gharston Roland ani pot CHI 4 Ravnos
1 Devyn ani chi pre 4 Ravnos
1 Paul Forrest chi for pre 5 Ravnos
1 Callirus ani CHI FOR 5 Ravnos
1 Tatiana Stepanova ani for obf CHI PRE 7 Ravnos

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (18 cards)
3 Jake Washington (Hunter)
1 Week of Nightmares
3 Blood Doll
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Sudden Reversal
1 Fortune Teller Shop
1 Secure Haven
1 Al`s Army Apparatus
1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
1 KRCG News Radio
2 Path of Paradox, The
2 Fame

Action (16 cards)
4 Mass Reality
4 Sensory Deprivation
8 Sibyl`s Tongue

Action Modifier (15 cards)
6 Freak Drive
5 Fata Morgana
4 Forgotten Labyrinth

Reaction (6 cards)
6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (11 cards)
6 Zip Gun
5 Apparition

Ally (6 cards)
2 Arms Dealer
4 War Ghoul

Retainer (4 cards)
1 Mr. Winthrop
3 Raven Spy

Equipment (3 cards)
1 Treasured Samadji
1 Ankara Citadel, Turkey, The
1 Shilmulo Tarot

Event (2 cards)
1 FBI Special Affairs Division
1 Unmasking, The

Combo (9 cards)
4 Draba
5 Mirror Image
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:08:03 AM

> Al`s Army Apparatus
> 2 Arms Dealer

What are these for? Your only "weapons" are zip guns, which are
actually combat cards so neither of these cards can fetch them.

-johnmeier
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:31:25 AM

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com wrote:

> 2 Fame

Is it worth having two fame in here? It appears as if your only way of
entering combat is to block, so the famous minion will stop acting. If
it is in here to contest, then maybe just have one?
July 14, 2005 10:47:35 AM

johnmeier1 wrote:
> > Al`s Army Apparatus
> > 2 Arms Dealer
>
> What are these for? Your only "weapons" are zip guns, which are
> actually combat cards so neither of these cards can fetch them.

Ah sod. That's what comes from not readying the cards you are combo-ing
with - stupid memory.

I guess I could remove the arms dealer/Al's apparatus angle - or stick
in a few 'real' guns to replace half the zip guns... say about 4 .44s,
and 4 zip guns.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:48:26 AM

.... and the war ghouls - which come when you need them due to sibyl's
tongue.

Although I did forget the WMO to remove Sibyl's from the ash.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:14:06 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 06:47:35 -0700, "tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com"
<tobiasopdenbrouw@hotmail.com> scrawled:

>johnmeier1 wrote:
>> > Al`s Army Apparatus
>> > 2 Arms Dealer
>>
>> What are these for? Your only "weapons" are zip guns, which are
>> actually combat cards so neither of these cards can fetch them.
>

>Ah sod. That's what comes from not readying the cards you are combo-ing
>with - stupid memory.
>
>I guess I could remove the arms dealer/Al's apparatus angle - or stick
>in a few 'real' guns to replace half the zip guns... say about 4 .44s,
>and 4 zip guns.

With a Waste Management Operation, the Arms dealer/apparatus provide a
way to shuffle your deck, giving you more chance of the card you
wastefully managed coming up sooner.
(search, fail to find, shuffle)

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 8:38:40 PM

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com wrote:
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------

Bring the Deck size down.

> Action Modifier (15 cards)
> 6 Freak Drive

More. And some more blood gain to back up the blood support.
Yes I know you have Ankara, but things tend to get wrong ;-)

--
johannes walch
Anonymous

> What would YOU change?

I just love Sudario Refraction. Put in 2.

Sybils Tongue for the first one. Use Sudario to get back Sybils.
Play the same sybils tongue (at reduced cost, because you removed one
from the ashheap)
get the other Sudario. Play it to get the old one back in your hand.
(and a freakdrive if need be)
Play any card you want from your hand, ashheap or library.

Just be careful with how many cards you play and are still in your
library,...