The fate of Mind Rape after player is ousted ?

Hello,

couldn't find an answer to this situation that happend yesterday:

A vampire I control successfully has played Mind Rape on one of my
prey's minions.
However, before my next turn comes around, I am ousted.

I ruled that Mind Rape, as a minion card, is controlled by the player
of the vampire it is on.
Since I am out of the game, I do never get another minion phase,
therefore the condition to burn Mind Rape never triggers, and the card
just stays in play - so the poor vamp can never untap as normal for the
rest of the game.

Was this correct?

Thanks for an answer,

Hardy Range
Prince of Bochum, Germany
http://www.vekn.de

HardyRange wrote:
> Hello,
>
> couldn't find an answer to this situation that happend yesterday:
>
> A vampire I control successfully has played Mind Rape on one of my
> prey's minions.
> However, before my next turn comes around, I am ousted.
>
> I ruled that Mind Rape, as a minion card, is controlled by the player
> of the vampire it is on.
> Since I am out of the game, I do never get another minion phase,
> therefore the condition to burn Mind Rape never triggers, and the card
> just stays in play - so the poor vamp can never untap as normal for the
> rest of the game.
>
> Was this correct?

Yes.
Google: "Mind Rape ousted author:LSJ"