Question: Untap phase action sequence

Some players from my playgroup think that the "mandatory" effects like
burning pool to the Fame and Antediluvian Awakening always happen
first. But IMHO the active player can perform these effects in any
order.
If I have a torporized 4-cap vampire with Fame in play, and someone
else has Antediluvian Awakening, can I burn the Famed vampire to avoid
burning 2 pool? Or I should burn 2 pool first, and only THEN burn the
vampire?

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

Ector wrote:
> Some players from my playgroup think that the "mandatory" effects like
> burning pool to the Fame and Antediluvian Awakening always happen
> first. But IMHO the active player can perform these effects in any
> order.
> If I have a torporized 4-cap vampire with Fame in play, and someone
> else has Antediluvian Awakening, can I burn the Famed vampire to avoid
> burning 2 pool? Or I should burn 2 pool first, and only THEN burn the
> vampire?

You are correct. The only mandatory (before everything else) action is
to untap your cards.

Otherwise you may order your untap phase (and other phases for that
matter) in any way you wish.

So in your example you may state:

1. Antideluvian Awakening ... I will burn this minion (the Famed One)
2. No Famed minions therefore no pool burn.
3. Continue Untap Phase

and so forth.

The same goes for the master phase ...

1. Take a blood from a blood doll or more.
2. Play a master card using that blood.

imagine you were forced to play the cards first .. on 2 pool you would
oust yourself play a hunting ground. Ordering the master phase you can
get 2 pool from blood dolls and then pay for the hunting ground.

What about effects like Uriah Winter that say, "At the start of your
untap..."?

Preston wrote:
> What about effects like Uriah Winter that say, "At the start of your
> untap..."?

What about them? Is this in reference to something?