LSJ: Foul Blood Makes Hunts Unsuccessful?

Foul Blood is only usable in reaction to a successful hunt action. If
playing one or more Foul Blood reduces the blood gained from the hunt
action to zero, is the action still considered a successful hunt for
purpose of Songs of the Distant Vitae, etc.? Or is it similar to an
unblocked bleed for zero, a successful action but not a successful hunt?

Emmit Svenson wrote:
> Foul Blood is only usable in reaction to a successful hunt action. If
> playing one or more Foul Blood reduces the blood gained from the hunt
> action to zero, is the action still considered a successful hunt for
> purpose of Songs of the Distant Vitae, etc.? Or is it similar to an
> unblocked bleed for zero, a successful action but not a successful hunt?

The action is successful if it resolves unblocked.
The hunt is not successful if no blood is gained.

Songs of the Distant Vitae is looking for successful hunts.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ wrote:
> The action is successful if it resolves unblocked.
> The hunt is not successful if no blood is gained.
>
> Songs of the Distant Vitae is looking for successful hunts.

On a similar note, if a hunt for one is successful, can more than one
Foul Blood be played? Or since the first Foul Blood reduces the hunt to
zero, are further Foul Bloods verboten?

Emmit Svenson wrote:

> LSJ wrote:
>
>>The action is successful if it resolves unblocked.
>>The hunt is not successful if no blood is gained.
>>
>>Songs of the Distant Vitae is looking for successful hunts.
>

> On a similar note, if a hunt for one is successful, can more than one
> Foul Blood be played? Or since the first Foul Blood reduces the hunt to
> zero, are further Foul Bloods verboten?

The latter.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ wrote:
> Emmit Svenson wrote:
> > On a similar note, if a hunt for one is successful, can more than one
> > Foul Blood be played? Or since the first Foul Blood reduces the hunt to
> > zero, are further Foul Bloods verboten?
>
> The latter.

So if a hunt were for two, via Aaron's Feeding Razor or Hesha's
special, for instance, could two Foul Bloods be played? I would assume
yes, that one Foul Blood could be played for each blood gained from a
hunt.

John Eno

invisiblekingdom@gmail.com wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> > Emmit Svenson wrote:
> > > On a similar note, if a hunt for one is successful, can more than one
> > > Foul Blood be played? Or since the first Foul Blood reduces the hunt to
> > > zero, are further Foul Bloods verboten?
> >
> > The latter.
>
> So if a hunt were for two, via Aaron's Feeding Razor or Hesha's
> special, for instance, could two Foul Bloods be played? I would assume
> yes, that one Foul Blood could be played for each blood gained from a
> hunt.

Yeah, that logically follows.

Morgan Vening wrote:
> >> So if a hunt were for two, via Aaron's Feeding Razor or Hesha's
> >> special, for instance, could two Foul Bloods be played? I would assume
> >> yes, that one Foul Blood could be played for each blood gained from a
> >> hunt.
> >
> >Yeah, that logically follows.
>
> As long as you had TWO untapped (or able to play Reaction cards as if
> untapped) vampires with Serpentis, yes.

Fall of Serpentis
Event
Gehenna. Requires at least
three other Gehenna cards
in play. There is no
Serpentis. Vampires with
any level of Serpentis
have that level of Quietus
instead.

Morgan Vening wrote:

> >> So if a hunt were for two, via Aaron's Feeding Razor or Hesha's
> >> special, for instance, could two Foul Bloods be played? I would assume
> >> yes, that one Foul Blood could be played for each blood gained from a
> >> hunt.
> >
> >Yeah, that logically follows.
>
> As long as you had TWO untapped (or able to play Reaction cards as if
> untapped) vampires with Serpentis, yes.

Or with Quietus, the discipline Foul Blood requires. :p

> Morgan Vening
> - Remembers "I play Sonar" "Cloak" "I play Sonar again" "Umm... No."
> from a local game.

-John Flournoy

jnewqu...@difsol.com wrote:

> > As long as you had TWO untapped (or able to play Reaction cards as if
> > untapped) vampires with Serpentis, yes.
>
> Fall of Serpentis
> Event
> Gehenna. Requires at least
> three other Gehenna cards
> in play. There is no
> Serpentis. Vampires with
> any level of Serpentis
> have that level of Quietus
> instead.

With that card in play, you could do a Tainted Vitae/Foul Blood killer
combo!

"Not only must you burn an extra blood to bleed me, you take three
points of damage! And I only had to spend five blood and play four
reaction cards off of three minions to do it! The world is mine!"

On 21 Jul 2005 13:30:18 -0700, "John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> >Yeah, that logically follows.
>>
>> As long as you had TWO untapped (or able to play Reaction cards as if
>> untapped) vampires with Serpentis, yes.
>
>Or with Quietus, the discipline Foul Blood requires. :p

Uh huh. you know the worst bit? I looked it up on ARDB to make sure
Superior 'Serpentis' wasn't required. So I wasn't even going from
memory.

I was mistaking it for Ecstasy, which sees a lot more play locally.

>> Morgan Vening
>> - Remembers "I play Sonar" "Cloak" "I play Sonar again" "Umm... No."
>> from a local game.
>
>-John Flournoy

Morgan Vening
- Remembers when he couldn't tell Serpentis from Quietus.