Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install

Trying to do a clean format & install of Win XP-SP2 on Dims 8400
SATA hardrive, not RAID.
I hit F6, insert floppy with Intel v 4.00.6211 Intel Application Accelerator for
RAID
It accepts it OK, hit >S< at the appropriate point, but then message is that
Windows
has the driver incorporated into it and won't let me install this driver.
Am I doing something wrong?, or does Win XP-SP2 indeed have this driver already
imbedded?
thanks,
Rick

Despite Windows saying it has the driver you still have to choose option 2,
AHCI.

Brian

"rick" <rtw@rtwe.com> wrote in message
> Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install
>
> Trying to do a clean format & install of Win XP-SP2 on Dims 8400
> SATA hardrive, not RAID.
> I hit F6, insert floppy with Intel v 4.00.6211 Intel Application
> Accelerator for
> RAID
> It accepts it OK, hit >S< at the appropriate point, but then message is
> that
> Windows
> has the driver incorporated into it and won't let me install this driver.
> Am I doing something wrong?, or does Win XP-SP2 indeed have this driver
> already
> imbedded?
> thanks,
> Rick

If you have a Dell XP with SP2 CD, the AHCI driver is integrated and you do
not have to press F6 etc.

"rick" <rtw@rtwe.com> wrote in message
> Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install
>
> Trying to do a clean format & install of Win XP-SP2 on Dims 8400
> SATA hardrive, not RAID.
> I hit F6, insert floppy with Intel v 4.00.6211 Intel Application
> Accelerator for
> RAID
> It accepts it OK, hit >S< at the appropriate point, but then message is
> that
> Windows
> has the driver incorporated into it and won't let me install this driver.
> Am I doing something wrong?, or does Win XP-SP2 indeed have this driver
> already
> imbedded?
> thanks,
> Rick

Incorrect. Not required if it a Dell XP with SP2 CD.

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Despite Windows saying it has the driver you still have to choose option
> 2, AHCI.
>
> Brian
>

> "rick" <rtw@rtwe.com> wrote in message
>> Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install
>>
>> Trying to do a clean format & install of Win XP-SP2 on Dims 8400
>> SATA hardrive, not RAID.
>> I hit F6, insert floppy with Intel v 4.00.6211 Intel Application
>> Accelerator for
>> RAID
>> It accepts it OK, hit >S< at the appropriate point, but then message is
>> that
>> Windows
>> has the driver incorporated into it and won't let me install this driver.
>> Am I doing something wrong?, or does Win XP-SP2 indeed have this driver
>> already
>> imbedded?
>> thanks,
>> Rick

Didn't realize that. Does it have to be a Dell XP or will a homemade
slipstreamed Win XP SP2 work?

Brian

> Incorrect. Not required if it a Dell XP with SP2 CD.
>
> "Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Despite Windows saying it has the driver you still have to choose option
>> 2, AHCI.
>>
>> Brian
>>

>> "rick" <rtw@rtwe.com> wrote in message
>>> Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install
>>>
>>> Trying to do a clean format & install of Win XP-SP2 on Dims 8400
>>> SATA hardrive, not RAID.
>>> I hit F6, insert floppy with Intel v 4.00.6211 Intel Application
>>> Accelerator for
>>> RAID
>>> It accepts it OK, hit >S< at the appropriate point, but then message is
>>> that
>>> Windows
>>> has the driver incorporated into it and won't let me install this
>>> driver.
>>> Am I doing something wrong?, or does Win XP-SP2 indeed have this driver
>>> already
>>> imbedded?
>>> thanks,
>>> Rick

Homemade does not work unless you make some additional changes to the
slipstream CD.

> Didn't realize that. Does it have to be a Dell XP or will a homemade
> slipstreamed Win XP SP2 work?
>
> Brian
>

> "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Incorrect. Not required if it a Dell XP with SP2 CD.
>>
>> "Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Despite Windows saying it has the driver you still have to choose option
>>> 2, AHCI.
>>>
>>> Brian
>>>

>>> "rick" <rtw@rtwe.com> wrote in message

Do you have a reference to these changes?

> Homemade does not work unless you make some additional changes to the
> slipstream CD.
>
> "Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Didn't realize that. Does it have to be a Dell XP or will a homemade
>> slipstreamed Win XP SP2 work?
>>
>> Brian
>>

>> "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Incorrect. Not required if it a Dell XP with SP2 CD.
>>>
>>> "Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

ricardo

rick wrote:
> Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install
>
> Trying to do a clean format & install of Win XP-SP2 on Dims 8400
> SATA hardrive, not RAID.
> I hit F6, insert floppy with Intel v 4.00.6211 Intel Application Accelerator for
> RAID
> It accepts it OK, hit >S< at the appropriate point, but then message is that
> Windows
> has the driver incorporated into it and won't let me install this driver.
> Am I doing something wrong?, or does Win XP-SP2 indeed have this driver already
> imbedded?
> thanks,
> Rick
The Intel Application Accelerator drivers are for making the
applications run faster. You need to install the SATA drivers for the
disks. These are on the Dell disk that also contain the Application
Accelerator drivers.

ricardo

rick wrote:
> Installing Intel SATA Drivers into new Win XP-SP2 install

You need to intsall the AHCI controller drivers for the Dimension 8400