13 Conditioning
13 Command the Beast
15 Daring the Dawn

Retainers (11)
11 Robert Carter

Reactions (7)
5 Deflection
2 Delaying Tactics

So yeah. Ingrid up, bounce or DT if in hand, Contingency Plan, Robert
Carter (ingrid at 3 B), Force of Will (ingrid at 2 B with agg
waiting), Command the Beast, Condition (down to 1B), Daring the Dawn
(unblockable, and poof goes Ingrid). Bleed for 8, unblockable,
unbounceable, cost me 4-5 (contingency optional). Transfer 4, new
ingrid, repeat.

Hope I don't get rushed on my predators turn... though I think I can
just rescue myself with daring the dawn and burn myself... stalls me
for a turn, which could be VERY BAD, but, oh well. Its a trick deck,
anyhow.

Thoughts? Does anyone care about my comments? (you didn't seem to care
about PI deck, or my observation on Ballios).

~Screaming Vermillian

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

Contingency Planning, Cost 1 Pool
Master: out-of-turn. Only usable when a minion you control is bleeding.
You may play this card during your turn. Burn a minion card that would
change the target of the bleed as it is played. Any blood or pool
burned for that card is retrieved from the blood bank by the vampire or
Methuselah who played it. If more than 1 pool is bled in this action,
ignore the excess.

It reduces the bleed to 1 and only cancels ONE flick. They could still
flick the 1 bleed again if they wanted to.

And it costs you 1 Pool not your vampire.

If you bled for 8 unblockably anyone capable is going to flick that.
There are ways to stop them flicking but they are not a guarantee.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Screaming Vermillian wrote:

> Crypt
> 12 Ingrid Russo
>
> Masters (17)
> 3 Redeem the Lost Soul
> 5 Contingency Planning
> 2 Direct Intervention
> 7 Effective Management
>
> Actions (13)
> 13 Force of Will
>
> Action Modifiers (41)
> 13 Conditioning
> 13 Command the Beast
> 15 Daring the Dawn
>
> Retainers (11)
> 11 Robert Carter
>
> Reactions (7)
> 5 Deflection
> 2 Delaying Tactics

> So yeah. Ingrid up, bounce or DT if in hand, Contingency Plan, Robert
> Carter (ingrid at 3 B), Force of Will (ingrid at 2 B with agg waiting),
> Command the Beast, Condition (down to 1B), Daring the Dawn (unblockable,
> and poof goes Ingrid). Bleed for 8, unblockable, unbounceable, cost me
> 4-5 (contingency optional). Transfer 4, new ingrid, repeat.

You want to bother explaining how you intend to keep your bleed at 8 from
being bounceable? I mean, you know, if they deflect, it's like a bleed for
1. I don't think you're going to oust more than your prey. And even that
gets difficult if he can pull out intercept to block Robert Carter. Also,
The Name Forgotten makes you weep like a little girl.

Ankur

Screaming Vermillian wrote:

> Bleed for 8, unblockable,
> unbounceable, cost me 4-5 (contingency optional).

Well, unbounceable in the sense that if they bounce the bleed, and you play
contingiency planning, you get to bleed them for 1. So while this deck
certainly can be scary, it also can spend a lot of time bleeding for 1.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

"Screaming Vermillian" <alexandernjames@gmail.com> writes:

> So yeah. Ingrid up, bounce or DT if in hand, Contingency Plan, Robert
> Carter (ingrid at 3 B), Force of Will (ingrid at 2 B with agg
> waiting), Command the Beast, Condition (down to 1B), Daring the Dawn
> (unblockable, and poof goes Ingrid). Bleed for 8, unblockable,
> unbounceable, cost me 4-5 (contingency optional). Transfer 4, new
> ingrid, repeat.
>
> Hope I don't get rushed on my predators turn... though I think I can
> just rescue myself with daring the dawn and burn myself... stalls me
> for a turn, which could be VERY BAD, but, oh well. Its a trick deck,
> anyhow.

But if Ingrid ends up in torpor with fewer than two blood, you're dead,
dead, dead. And remember, your prey can and will rush you, just as well as
your predator.

Add a few Vulnerabilities and/or Rapid Healings. That way a single Blur
won't leave you totally helpless for the rest of the game.

--
hg@ "If you can't offend part of your audience,
iki.fi there is no point in being an artist at all." -Hakim Bey

Screaming Vermillian wrote:
> So yeah. Ingrid up, bounce or DT if in hand, Contingency Plan, Robert
> Carter (ingrid at 3 B), Force of Will (ingrid at 2 B with agg
> waiting), Command the Beast, Condition (down to 1B), Daring the Dawn
> (unblockable, and poof goes Ingrid). Bleed for 8, unblockable,
> unbounceable, cost me 4-5 (contingency optional). Transfer 4, new
> ingrid, repeat.

So...no one plays with allies in your neck of the woods? 'Cause Carlton
Van Wyk pretty much shuts this down. Heck, a Hellhound shuts it down.

Ingrid's New Module

Slaughtering the Herd (2 blood, +2 bleed, allies can't block)
Conditioning (1 blood, +3 bleed)
Command of the Beast (+1 bleed, may not be worth the slot)
The Sleeping Mind (1 blood, so-so effect but empties Ingrid)
Daring the Dawn (vampires can't block)

Only a bleed for 7, but no blocking and some wake/bounce negation

-johnmeier

Slaughtering the Herd
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Cardtext: [dom] (D) Bleed at +2 bleed. Allies cannot block this action

Instead of Force of Will (you have to lose Robert Carter, so with this
and conditioning you only spend 3 blood and have only 2 agg coming from
Daring the Dawn)

Less moving parts, but you just need a way for Ingrid to spend 1 more
blood (like The Sleeping Mind at SUP to avoid SOME wake/bounce)

-johnmeier

johnmeier1 wrote:
> Ingrid's New Module
>
> Slaughtering the Herd (2 blood, +2 bleed, allies can't block)
> Conditioning (1 blood, +3 bleed)
> Command of the Beast (+1 bleed, may not be worth the slot)
> The Sleeping Mind (1 blood, so-so effect but empties Ingrid)
> Daring the Dawn (vampires can't block)
>
> Only a bleed for 7, but no blocking and some wake/bounce negation

Thank you for the suggestion.

It also doesn't require a ton of robert carters... instead its got the
sleeping though...

Command the Beast is worth it. I need to get my bleed as high as I can.
Perhaps I can combine the Sleeping Mind with Pentex Loves You (costs a
blood, gets me a bleed) and use one or the other.

But slaughtering the herd is a great alternative. Now its TRUELY
unblockable (barring DIs). And this way it keeps me from taking that
one stealth action that's blockable.

thanks. I knew there was a better varient to this deck, just didn't see
it yet.

Now I need a more reliable pool engine... should I cut the Contigency
Plannings completely (risky) and just go for more effectives and redeem
the lost soul?

~SV