Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Acer netbook battery light flashes 5 times and nothing happens

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 16, 2012 3:35:31 PM

acers aspire one....D257 i left it charging for the afternoon , came back and it was off . i went to start it with the start button and nothing. the little battery icon on the front of the key board flashes 5times red or orange every time i push the start button. i read the instruction on residual discharge of power , take the battery out and unplug it and hold the power button down for 30 sec....nothing changed after i restored the battery and A/C power. how do i test the battery or the charger? how do i order new ones if i need them? :bounce:  :bounce:  :o 

Best solution

a c 204 D Laptop
January 17, 2012 2:22:42 PM

Try to run without the battery, just on wall power.

Cheapest thing to try is a new power brick. Then you are looking into having someone check the power connection and maybe replacing the motherboard. On a netbook, probably not worth it, can get a new one for about the same cost. Unless it's a power plug issue, but you could end up spending money to try to fix it and that's not the issue.
January 17, 2012 2:40:45 PM

Need clarification, is the laptop running now. So you left it charging you came back and it doesn't run now and the battery light flashes 5 times?
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2012 1:31:10 PM

thomas chavers said:
acers aspire one....D257 i left it charging for the afternoon , came back and it was off . i went to start it with the start button and nothing. the little battery icon on the front of the key board flashes 5times red or orange every time i push the start button. i read the instruction on residual discharge of power , take the battery out and unplug it and hold the power button down for 30 sec....nothing changed after i restored the battery and A/C power. how do i test the battery or the charger? how do i order new ones if i need them? :bounce:  :bounce:  :o 

thank you guys for the ideas...i replaced the power brick as you call it and it started right up....i found a used one in some old junk and it was the same out put and npn or pnp..i cannot remember...but the stats. were +/- 10% so it works...hurraayy!!!!
m
l
February 6, 2012 3:30:28 PM

Best answer selected by thomas chavers.
m
l
!