Sign in with
Your question

Ticked off. Low 3dmark?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 1, 2003 8:59:59 PM

Weird....

A few days ago under 3kmark01 with a modded 9500 + overclock I went just over 16000....

Now, with exact same hardware but different cpu, Im getting 12000.

CPU is same cpu, Barton 2500 overclocked to 2.2...

What could be wrong?

Also am getting lockups now and then in 3d apps, but after 10-15 seconds the lockup goes away and all continues.

This stinks! I was happy with my computer.

I should point out that the only thing I changed was Mem's cas lat from 3.0 to 2.0..
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hineigger on 05/01/03 05:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : ticked low 3dmark

May 1, 2003 9:19:41 PM

I should point out that the low score was with only a small overclock on the 9500. 290/270. I then clocked it back down to stock, 275/270 and my 3dmark increased to 13492.

Whats going on.
May 1, 2003 10:28:11 PM

arent you one of the fags who always talks about how good the GF4 mx420 is?
dont expect anyone to listen to this post if all you do is joke around in all your other posts.
maybe youre really running an mx420 and u just dont know it, and that score was 1600, not 16000.

die.

Long live ATI.
Related resources
May 1, 2003 11:02:45 PM

*wow*, Im overwhelmed by your maturity. Theres no way youre 13......... Right???

Anyways, Ill disregard your posts because youre unhelpful to this community.

If anyone else can help me, thanks!
May 1, 2003 11:14:22 PM

I guess the one who saying that MX420 is good is called Randal sth..
the guys here did nothing bad

but hey, I thought you changed your Radeon for a Geforce4 Ti4600, no?
compare your result with some benchemark in Tom's
I think 13000 is sth you should get around..nth bad, how did you get 16000 at that time, I don't know, you have to give more detail
May 1, 2003 11:37:48 PM

oh yeah, why you change your CL from 2 to 3 if you are able to run at 2? cuz 2 gives you a better performance
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2003 12:27:48 AM

Yes, what you need to do is to take out your Barton and Plop in a VIA C3 Gigapro, It Rocks! Then add the PCI MX you love and hook both cards into your monitor via an RCA splitter and a Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Aluminum wrapper to protect from alien transmissions. Then you will be able to get at least 27385 BungholioMarks, which is substantially more than the 3D2000 by VideoLoca. Of course you will only have 72.7 bit colour, and you won't have the advantage of an ISA slot, but then again those kinda cards are really outta your price range. I'm sorry we can't make it louder for ya' I know you're a fan of them hairdryer HSFs but you could always buy one of those 'new' cards that come with them and simple add it to your machine, they'll likely be at pawn shops shortly, they're way to powerful for the average user.

Just don't try to run 3DMark2K9 because your card isn't DXXXX22++++++/-- compliant so you will need to go to <A HREF="http://www.welcomeaboardlive.com/downloads/chimp.mpg" target="_new">this </A> site to download a patch.

Let us know how it turns out, and be sure to wash your fingers before typing your response you don't want to get any of that on your keyboard.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK
May 2, 2003 12:53:55 AM

you guys are tards :p 

-------

<A HREF="http://www.xgr.com" target="_new">XGR-Game Reviews</A>

"You change the channel, and you change our minds..." - System of a Down
May 2, 2003 1:39:44 AM

Is it just me or are you unable to get anything to work?

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
May 2, 2003 2:24:39 AM

Yeah I said from 3 to 2...
May 2, 2003 3:39:46 AM

Well, if that's the only thing you changed, and you are suddenly experiencing an instability that wasn't there before...

Thing is, you said the only thing you changed was the CPU, and then in the next line you say it's the exact same CPU. How about if you decide...?

I have definitely noticed you seem to experience a lot of difficulties. Perhaps you are emanating a magnetic field which conflicts with your computer? If I were you, I would spray myself with Static-Gard, or something like that, just to see...
<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 05/01/03 11:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
May 2, 2003 3:42:58 AM

Actually its fixed.

It was my cd rom. It was dieing or something... Thats why on startup the "dectecting IDE drives" would sit there... I unplugged cdrom, no more ide from cdrom to detect, now everything in back to normal.

Of course, I no longer have a cd rom :) 
May 2, 2003 3:44:21 AM

Hmmm...

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:
May 2, 2003 4:02:35 AM

Quote:
I have definitely noticed you seem to experience a lot of difficulties. Perhaps you are emanating a magnetic field which conflicts with your computer? If I were you, I would spray myself with Static-Gard, or something like that, just to see...

LMAO
May 2, 2003 4:19:55 AM

He is also the one who said nForce2 mobo can only run nVidia graphic card; hating people who being poor; modded an A7N8X saying that without modding it can't be overclocked but end up being screwed up; owning a 2400+, a dead 2500+ and another dead 2600+; ...so many I can't even remember them all.
Ok, this is nothing personal but I find this guy is soooooo "funny".

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
May 2, 2003 4:28:38 AM

Eden? ITOLDYOUSO!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 05/02/03 00:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
May 2, 2003 4:44:43 AM

Bzzzzzt!!! Wrong. Would you like to try again double or nothing?

May 2, 2003 5:07:36 AM

'k.

May 2, 2003 5:16:16 AM

huh ?? wats going on? :) 

-------

<A HREF="http://www.xgr.com" target="_new">XGR-Game Reviews</A>

"You change the channel, and you change our minds..." - System of a Down
May 2, 2003 10:12:25 AM

hin...

hes a nvidia fanboy.. thats all (umm iguess)

(unless hes a transvestite nazi eskimo or something)

===not attacking him personally ...just speculation===

-=[ I lost a buttonhole... How do I fix that? ]=-
May 2, 2003 10:16:56 AM

If someone likes the Geforce mx420 does that make him a loser? I mean the card is no where as good as your guy's covited 9700pro, but for 35 bucks, its a video card that WORKS, and it plays all the games the 9700pro plays, and it runs your monitor just fine. Oh wait I forgot all you out there have 24 in monitors and need a video card that can run it at 2400x1980 resolution...give me a break, that resolution on your crappy 17" makes the icons so small...As for games, DO YOU REALLY NEED TO PLAY QUAKE 3 AT 350FPS????!?!??!?!???...anything after 30-60 is virtually unnoticiable. The mx420 IS able to do its job, its just not nearly as good as the cards more expensive than it. Look at it this way, some people spend 2000$ for their systems and some spend 300$ for their systems and are looking for a GOOD value, not the MAX unused performance...Unless you are nutts or play the MOST recient graphic intensive games, there is no reason to spend 250 on a video card.

"sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick"
*grabs a stick and places it into the flames* mmmm, smores
May 2, 2003 1:24:51 PM

The problem is your Nvidia videocard. It sensed that you changed CPUs and became jealous.

Set it on fire, and buy an Ati card, Your 3dmark score will go up about 25,274 points, regardless of the card.
May 2, 2003 1:46:30 PM

There's a huge difference between a $35 card, which will struggle with any recent game, and spending even $100 on a mid level Ti4200 or something similar.

It makes no sense for anyone to suggest a card like a MX to anyone who even mentions playing games. Quake3? That game is ancient and we're talking about a lot of more demanding games that are out there today. Look at the benchmarks of any recent game. How is that card supposed to last? Why not just get onboard video and save yourself some money if you're going to be playing Quake3 and other ancient games?

<font color=green>Everyone should be like the Dutch. They're perfect.</font color=green>
May 2, 2003 2:06:05 PM

I never said hin was a loser...transvestite nazi eskimo yes but not a loser.. please reference here <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam..." target="_new"> My thoughts on fanboys </A> to understand me more clearer. i dont know though i guess.

**** BTW I Meant to put Competition BREEDS Innovation.

-=[ I was walking through the forest the other day and a tree fell behind me. I didn't hear a thing... Does that answer your question? ]=-
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2003 3:41:14 PM

Dink.. the reallity is that if you are gonna plonk some bones for a new card why waster your money on something that will BARELY play todays games, yeah they will play but barely!
Second, anyone who own less than a 17" monitor, and is only looking at barely playing OLD games, really doesn't belong in this forum. Use the G-D integrated graphics on a NEW Mobo, that will give you FAR more bang for your buck than a Freakin' MX, and most CHEAP computers come with integrated graphics and the MX is NOT a step-up IMO. Just a waste of money that could have been spent on more ram, or something else.
And monitors are cheap so 19" isn't as uncommon as you may think, and the ICONs on my 17" phillips (my second monitor, the other is a oh you guessed it 19") are fine even when running at 16x12 (and it can do 19.2x14.4 at 60hz)
So NO ONE should suggest a cheap MX, unless A: the person is being given one free. B: It came with their computer. C: The deal is SO good that they can't pass it up (Like $10 new in box), or D: It's a stopgap measure that they will then give to someone else ecause they don't have integrated graphics and are waiting for a new card (a few weeks off).

A slight dollar infusion into their buying choice makes a HUGE difference and allows them to get a MUCH better card. And since most people here are upgrading then it's NOT a good upgrade suggestion, use whatever you have now and then upgrade later or spend more. Otherwise they will be spending more money again to replace the MX when games like DOOM ]|[ come out. And if they don't plan on playing those type of games then buy a new mobo with integrated graphics and thus upgrade your entire system.

Oh yeah BTW, AA and AF are GREAT, perhaps if you played a game or two and had a card that could use that technology you would know that. And then you would see the difference, where the MX is useless.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2003 3:44:15 PM

Hey, Don't insult the Inuit like that by comparing Hin to them!

*Read my Occupation (in profile) to find out why it irks me! :tongue:

Put that in my profile when I joined never thought it would be noticed.

May 2, 2003 7:29:31 PM

yeah ok high [-peep-], whatever.
im 16 not 13, and j00 my fr13nd, 4r3 4 f4rg07!
saying the mx420 is good isnt very helpful to anyone either.

pfft. enthusiasts.

Long live ATI.
May 2, 2003 8:41:32 PM

WOAH, had it not been me wanting to screw around checking unread threads like this one on my forum view, when I didn't want to, but did, I wouldn't have seen you talking to me!

Yeah lol, I get ya now though!

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:
!