Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DECK: Black Hand Auspex / Obfuscate

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:20:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Description: Well, I wanted to bvild a weenie obfvscate w/ Grovp 3-4
crypt and added Black Hand goodies. However, noticed that all the BH
vampires I'd be vsing have Avspex so I switched to Grovp 2-3 and I
figvre it's worth it for bovncing and redvcing bleeds. Black Hand gives
me Marijava Thvggees, Revnion Kamvt and Dominion wich compliments
Vampiric Disease. Bloodwork and Compvter Hack yovr prey with stealth.
Spying Mission for added bleed to yovr prey's pool. All this in a tight
80 card library. Not svre abovt it bvt played against someone vsing
something similar and it was pretty cool to watch. Thovghts?

2 Ingram Frizer 6 ani AUS OBF pot
1 Colonel, The 5 AUS cel dem obf
2 Roger Farnsworth 4 avs OBF
1 Regilio 3 avs obf
2 Zoe 3 AUS cel obf
1 Watenda 3 obf
1 Milo 3 avs obf
1 Krid 2 obf
1 Piotr Andreikov 2 avs

Master: 14 cards
5 Blood Doll
1 Remover
1 Avspex
2 Corporal Reservoir
1 Perfectionist
1 Dominion
3 Vampiric disease

Allies / Retainers: 3 cards
3 Marijava Thvggee

Reaction: 13 cards
3 Telepathic Covnter
5 Wake with Evening's Freshness
5 Telepathic Misdirection

Action: 18 cards
4 Bloodwork
4 Compvter Hacking
5 Blooding
5 Revnion Kamvt

Combat: 8 cards
4 Behind Yov!
4 Gemini's Mirror

Action Modifier / Combat: 4 cards
4 Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier: 20 cards
5 Cloak the Gathering
5 Facelss Night
5 Lost in Crowds
5 Spying Mission
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 12:43:29 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Yeah I'm retarded. Heh. That's what I get for building decks at 3:00 am
but thanks for pointing that out. So crypt needs a major overhaul.

2 Ingram 6 ani AUS OBF pot Nosferatu-Antitribu:3
1 Quira 6 AUS OBF obt thau Malkavian-Antitribu:2
1 Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf Malkavian-Antitribu:3
1 Perfidio Dios 5 AUS cel dom obf Malkavian-Antitribu:3
2 Roger Farnsworth 4 aus OBF Malkavian-Antitribu:3
1 Claven 4 aus dem obf Malkavian-Antitribu:2
1 Yorik 3 dem obf Malkavian-Antitribu:2
2 Piotr Andreikov 2 aus Tzimisce:3
1 Basil 1 obf Pander:2

Now I'm tempted to add a Hunting Ground, hmm... your suggestions are
spot on though. Thanks a lot! Now in regards to Vampiric Disease I
think it gives the deck some bruise in a sense that we use Marijava
Thuggees to shoot them down while VD is spread throughout the table.
Behind You! Gemini's Mirror and Swallowed by the Night are my attempt
to run away from an afflicted vampire. Coupled with Dominion, my prey's
vampires grow surprisingly weak as they are forced to burn a blood
every time they untap. Majesty, Freak Drive, Rutor's Hand, Cat's
Guidance etc... it's like throwing a wrench into my prey's plans.
Better if it spreads since Thuggees can ping anyone. Thoughts?
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:39:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

I won't be adding any Escaped Mental Patients (although I'm working on
a deck based on the card). Always read through you articles or
responses in other threads, and it's great that you took the time to
reply. Thanks Mistah Bakija!

And yes yes, it is funny overall. Now off to post my retarded Cryptic
Mission deck!
Related resources
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:44:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

Yeah, I pretty mvch got the same deck going, and it is pretty handy. I mean,
like, it doesn't win all the time or anything, bvt it holds its own.

> 2 Ingram Frizer 6 ani AUS OBF pot
> 1 Colonel, The 5 AUS cel dem obf
> 2 Roger Farnsworth 4 avs OBF
> 1 Regilio 3 avs obf
> 2 Zoe 3 AUS cel obf
> 1 Watenda 3 obf
> 1 Milo 3 avs obf
> 1 Krid 2 obf
> 1 Piotr Andreikov 2 avs

Qvire-Bitch Qveen is really good in the deck, what with the OBF/AUS +1 bleed
and all. Zoe, Regilio, Watenda, Milo, and Krid aren't so good, as they can't
play The Bloodening and become BH--yov'd be better off with, say, General
Perfidios Dios (5 AUS, obf), Shannon Price (3 obf), and Basil (1 obf). And
probably a second Piotr Andreikov. And maybe a Zlyrta Sklyrta or whoever (5
point BH with obf). I can't really see the angle of having non Sabbat
vampires in the deck, vnless, like, as it becomes more apparent as I write,
that yov didn't realize that yov had to be Sabbat to go Black Hand :-)

> Master: 14 cards
> 5 Blood Doll
> 1 Remover
> 1 Avspex
> 2 Corporal Reservoir
> 1 Perfectionist
> 1 Dominion
> 3 Vampiric disease

Vampiric Disease? 3? Care to elaborate?

> Allies / Retainers: 3 cards
> 3 Marijava Thvggee

These gvys are really good--they are cheap, bleed for 1, are hard to kill,
and can play obfvsctae cards. And can shoot people. I'd increase to, like, 6
or so.

> Reaction: 13 cards
> 3 Telepathic Covnter
> 5 Wake with Evening's Freshness
> 5 Telepathic Misdirection

Ministry is very good; +2 or +3 intercept in on card that yov can get
withovt avspex is pretty strong. If yov have BH at yovr disposal, listen to
Ministry.

> Action: 18 cards
> 4 Bloodwork
> 4 Compvter Hacking
> 5 Blooding
> 5 Revnion Kamvt

Again, assvming yov shift the crypt to all Sabbat (so yov can play the
Bloodenings), make the Compvter Hackings into more Bloodworks (+1 bleed,
sometimes +1 stealth in one card with no discipline reqvirement = strong).
And some more Revnion Kamvts are always good.

> Combat: 8 cards
> 4 Behind Yov!
> 4 Gemini's Mirror

Not bad, bvt generic Dodge often is handy for the non OBF weenies and the
Thvggies.

> Action Modifier / Combat: 4 cards
> 4 Swallowed by the Night
>
> Action Modifier: 20 cards
> 5 Cloak the Gathering
> 5 Facelss Night
> 5 Lost in Crowds
> 5 Spying Mission

Reasonable.

Not bad, overall, except for the glvt of Camarill vampires in the crypt that
clearly shovld be sabbat, as then they can become Black Hand.


Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclvsion, ovr bvsiness plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liqvids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

> Yeah I'm retarded. Heh. That's what I get for building decks at 3:00 am
> but thanks for pointing that out. So crypt needs a major overhaul.
>
> 2 Ingram 6 ani AUS OBF pot Nosferatu-Antitribu:3
> 1 Quira 6 AUS OBF obt thau Malkavian-Antitribu:2
> 1 Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf Malkavian-Antitribu:3
> 1 Perfidio Dios 5 AUS cel dom obf Malkavian-Antitribu:3
> 2 Roger Farnsworth 4 aus OBF Malkavian-Antitribu:3
> 1 Claven 4 aus dem obf Malkavian-Antitribu:2
> 1 Yorik 3 dem obf Malkavian-Antitribu:2
> 2 Piotr Andreikov 2 aus Tzimisce:3
> 1 Basil 1 obf Pander:2

That's *much* better :-)

Yeah, with, what, 7 !Malks, you can use some !Malk tech too! Maybe a couple
Escaped Mental Patients? Degrade with the Thugees and then torp them with
Mental Patients? It's an idea. Probably not a good one, but, ya know...

> Now I'm tempted to add a Hunting Ground, hmm... your suggestions are
> spot on though. Thanks a lot! Now in regards to Vampiric Disease I
> think it gives the deck some bruise in a sense that we use Marijava
> Thuggees to shoot them down while VD is spread throughout the table.

Oh, ok. That seems valid. Like, 3 of them is probably a lot (I'd go with 2,
m'self), but yeah, that is pretty funny.

> Behind You! Gemini's Mirror and Swallowed by the Night are my attempt
> to run away from an afflicted vampire. Coupled with Dominion, my prey's
> vampires grow surprisingly weak as they are forced to burn a blood
> every time they untap. Majesty, Freak Drive, Rutor's Hand, Cat's
> Guidance etc... it's like throwing a wrench into my prey's plans.
> Better if it spreads since Thuggees can ping anyone. Thoughts?

That is pretty clever. This being said, I'd still use some generic Dodges in
there for all the obf guys, Piotr, and the Thugees.

But overall, funny!


Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 6:03:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

> And yes yes, it is funny overall. Now off to post my retarded Cryptic
> Mission deck!

Woo hoo! I hear that there is some cheese that needs to get to Washington!


Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
!