2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17"
3. What screen resolution do you want?1920x1080, not sure if I want gloss or matte...
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?I'm thinking it will be a destop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need?2 hours should be plenty. I plan on purchasing a 2nd battery as well
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIV, high settings is preferable. I don't need ultra
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)Typical multi-tasking. Office 10 while running browser w/ several tabs open. Photo editing, minor video editing, occasionally watch Netflix
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?I'm looking @ 1-1.5TB total, raid
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?3-4 years before an upgrade
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?standard DVD/CD. BluRay is not needed
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.I have always been partial to MSI products. I have always had good luck with them and their CS. I have only owned 1 intel based laptop (also an MSI) and my wife loves it. I am open to thoughts and opinions
13. What country do you live in?US of A
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.Pretty sure I want a quad and upgraded thermal paste. A backlit kb would be nice but isn't a deal breaker. If I can get the performance I'm after for under $1500, my wife would love you, lol Also, Final Fantasy is a poorly coded game, but is getting a graphics engine overhaul soon. My wife's i5, 4gb ram, and 550gt MSI laptop runs it ok on low/medium
I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.
Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops? I generally repair my own laptops and pc's, unless there is a warranty available. I have dealt with some horrible cs as of late, so I would only send it in if it was absolutely necc.