Play ps3 on your hdmi laptop

how can i get my ps3 to display on my laptop
5 answers Last reply
More about play hdmi laptop
  1. Hello iman14;

You're laptop doesn't have any video inputs to allow you to do that.
  2. Or does it? Some laptops actually do have video in, iman14 will have to check.
  3. There are some devices, cheapest I found was around $200, which allow you to capture from HDMI via USB 3.0... which may allow you to view the feed as it's coming in -- I don't know...

The cheap one I found was "Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 Computers" http://www.amazon.com/Blackmagic-Design-Intensity-Computers-Professional/dp/B003WSQTWU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1326755265&sr=8-4

Unfortunately, this device seems to need a desktop chipset (Intel X58), so may not even work for a laptop...

In the comments for that one on Amazon, a user mentions that PS3s output with HDCP on the HDMI signal, so this type of unit won't do anything with it directly, but then he also mentions a couple ways around this.

There are others built for the video editing industry, including a model from Matrox, that folks use to record their console gaming sessions, but this class of devices seem very expensive, you'd be better off with buying a monitor, or coming up with some sort of "plan B".

Good luck!
  4. The only laptops that I know of that have HDMI input are Alienware. But I'm not sure if all their current models have a HDMI input port.
  5. YEP THEY DO.REALLY AWESOME.
    I PURCHASED AN ALIENWARE M17X AND IT HAS HDMI IN....THATS THE ONLY LAPTOP I KNOW THAT HAS IT.IT'S A BIT COSTLY BUT DEFINITELY WORTH IT FOR ALL THE FEATURES.

MOST LAPTOPS HAVE HDMI OUT,ALTHOUGH THERE ARE CONVERTERS THAT ARE AVAILABLE.
    THEY DONT USUALLY WORK 100% AS THERE ARE RENDERING ISSUES.SOFTWARE IS NEEDED TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAMES FROM PS3,SOUND IS ALSO AN ISSUE.THE VIDEO MIGHT WORK BUT MAYBE AUDIO WONT.THERE IS A SLIGHT DELAY OF O.4/SEC WHICH ISNT GOOD WITH GAMES(ESPECIALLY IF IT'S FPS).

GOOD LUCK WITH IT
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops PlayStation HDMI Displays