DECK: Stike Down Upon Thee with Great Vengeance!

Desciption: Here's version 2.3 of my Salubri Antitribu deck. These guys
get no respect yet I love 'em! It's a toolbox with an interesting
amount of bleed, intercept and combat. I'm not running any bounce
though and it's done on purpose. I don't want to have to tap and pay
the blood for Telepathic Misdirection. Yes, I usually run bounce but I
figure the threat of bounce is enough when I start giving my minions
superior Auspex. Telepathic Counter is free which goes a long way in
this deck. I've got to spend enough blood on my combat cards already.
Might consider My Enemy's Enemy. Bleed with Rayzeel's Song and Burning
Touch as well as the odd Melange. Blessing the Name, Wake with
Evening's Freshness and to an extent Leather Jacket, make sure you're
in a position to block. Spirit's Touch is favored due the optional
manuever. Sport Bike is nice cool! They won't want to be close with the
amount of aggravated damage this deck can generate. Granted, Celerity
and Fortitude own this deck but Celerity and Fortitude own any kind of
deck that focuses on close ranged combat. Thoughts?

3 Adonai 7 AUS for VAL Salubri Antitribu:2
3 Thomas Steed 4 ani aus val Salubri Antitribu:2
2 Doris 2 val Salubri Antitribu:2
2 Wolf Valentine 2 for VAL Salubri Antitribu:2
2 Kervos 3 aus val Salubri Antitribu:2

Master: 10 cards
4 Blood Doll
1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
3 Auspex
1 Humanitas
1 Hungry Coyote, The

Action: 18 cards
5 Sense Vitality
4 Blessing of the Name
3 Nose of the Hound
1 Sanguine Instruction
5 Rayzeel's Song

Combat: 20 cards
10 Sword of the Righteous
5 Weighted Walking Stick
5 Vengeance of Samiel

Action Modifier: 6 cards
6 Burning Touch

Equipment: 8 cards
4 Garrote
1 Meat Hook
2 Leather Jacket
1 Sport Bike

Reaction: 18 cards
5 Wake with Evening's Freshness
4 Telepathic Counter
3 Enhanced Senses
1 Melange
5 Spirit's Touch

I played the deck the other night. Yep I'll replace Rumor Mill but I
lent it out a few times, it was ok. Though I think the Heidelberg
Castle might be more valuable to a deck like this. Losing the Rayzeel's
Song. Yeah, would like to replace four of them with Gift of Bellona but
alas, I only own one copy. I admit, there's plenty of stuff that
thwarts my tactics but I was surprised to see how scary I can be in
combat. I burned two vamps the other night with Kervos! It can
constantly hit for 4 aggravated. However, maneuevers laugh at me. Nose
of the Hound and Spirit's Touch were useful in that respect but still
quite limited. I htink I'll remove the Meat Hook for Gas-powered
Chainsaw. I never got around to equipping the Meat Hook as I had
Weighted Walking Sticks or Garrotes on my guys. Plus my predator was
playing Lasombra and his potence would have made short work of the Meat
Hook. Maybe in another build with Undead Persistance.

I still need to playtest them a bit more, but you need to play them on
the defensive I think. Carefully chosing your actions since they lack
the stealth you mentioned. Fast Reaction will fit in nicely, thanks for
the comments! Another problem was that I found myself low on blood and
didn't draw into my Hungry Coyote and saw only a couple of Sense
Vitalities. Not good. Been thinking about another Hunting Ground, maybe
Inbase Discotek. Thoughts?

On 29 Jul 2005 11:53:59 -0700, <evil_inside1999@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I still need to playtest them a bit more, but you need to play them on
> the defensive I think. Carefully chosing your actions since they lack
> the stealth you mentioned. Fast Reaction will fit in nicely, thanks for
> the comments! Another problem was that I found myself low on blood and
> didn't draw into my Hungry Coyote and saw only a couple of Sense
> Vitalities. Not good. Been thinking about another Hunting Ground, maybe
> Inbase Discotek. Thoughts?

You probably have the pool to put in Club Zombie. I mean, you're playing
a clan which can be completely influenced out out of 20 pool... So Club
Zombie seems like a good investment to fortify your guys. I'm not sure
you want to go the Life in the City angle; it's probably worth to use a
few of those too, but you will need to test wether you get temporary
master jams with more masters.

--
Bye,

Daneel