Demented Thaumaturgists

The Lasombra posted my deck here

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_frm/thread/7862190a98f4ce23/4d95388eb90487a3?q=demented+thaumaturgists&rnum=1&hl=en#4d95388eb90487a3

late last year and since then, thanks to KMW, I have made some fairly
big changes to the Crypt and as a response made a couple of minor
changes to the Deck.

The average Crypt size has increased (from 8.166 to 8.5) thanks to the
removal of 1 each Lazarus James and Fleurdumal and their replacement by
2 Louhi (whose special is an awesome ability!!) I also replaced 1
William Biltmore with a Petaniqua but she is in there more for the
variety than because I want her. I think her Infernalism could be a bit
of a detriment since my Pool gain relies on Kindred Spirits and only 3
Blood Dolls. I may take her out and replace her with either another
Louhi or back to 4 William Biltmore.

I only made 2 changes to the deck. I finally took out the Abandoning
the Flesh and added in an Enchanted Marionette as I now have more
!Malks. It IS expensive, but it can really help Marie Faucigny with her
[dem] problem and she even gets it for 2 Pool instead of 3 with her
special. I also took out 1 Thaumaturgy Master (as now more Vamps have
[THA] and threw in a Mylan Horseed (Goblin) as I think that he is one
of the best Allies in the game, mainly because I like to play big Vamps
(yes that's right J... I LIKE BIG VAMPS and I cannot lie, You other
Bro... sorry got a bit carried away there!!!) and it means that at
least Bilters or Louhi can take 3 actions a turn or 2 and stay
untapped.

Revisions: I still want an Aranthebes, The Immortal for the deck. I
would also consider putting in an Institution Hunting Ground as well as
the Asylum if I added another Louhi. Another Blood Doll would also be
nice, but with Master spaces at a premium, I don't know what I would
cut for these 2.

Deck Name: The Demented Thaumaturgists
Created By: Craig Johnston
anything it can't do? What a DEMENTED Deck!!!!

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 30, Max: 38, Avg: 8.5)
2 Louhi pro ANI AUS DEM OBF THA 10 Malkavian Antitribu
Cardinal
3 William Biltmore dom AUS DEM OBF THA 9 Malkavian
1 Petaniqua chi AUS DAI DEM OBF THA 9 Malkavian
2 Fleurdumal cel tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Toreador
Prince of Miami
2 Lazarus James obf tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Malkavian
2 Marie Faucigny dem tha AUS OBF 7 Malkavian Antitribu
Archbishop of Geneva

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (14 cards)
1 Archon Investigation
1 Asylum Hunting Ground
3 Blood Doll
1 Dementation
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
2 Haven Uncovered
1 Momentum's Edge
1 Prophecies of Gehenna
1 Sudden Reversal
2 Thaumaturgy

Ally (1 cards)
1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Enchanted Marionette

Action (20 cards)
2 Call, The
2 Dive into Madness
9 Kindred Spirits
4 Madman's Quill
3 Rutor's Hand

Action Modifier (12 cards)
9 Confusion
3 Mind Tricks

Combat (19 cards)
7 Apportation
8 Theft of Vitae
4 Wind Dance

Reaction (14 cards)
2 Forced Awakening
8 Telepathic Misdirection
4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combo (9 cards)
5 Deny
4 Random Patterns

Any comments would still be very much appreciated!

Cheers
Craig Johnston
Resident Setite of Domain Newcastle ;)--=
(and also "The Champ" referred to in the article on WW's website about
the 2004 Australian Continentals)
e-mail. flash_cxxi //at// vampirethemasquerade.com

pat

Expert

"flash_cxxi" <flash_cxxi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Revisions: I still want an Aranthebes, The Immortal for the deck. I
> would also consider putting in an Institution Hunting Ground as well as
> the Asylum if I added another Louhi. Another Blood Doll would also be
> nice, but with Master spaces at a premium, I don't know what I would
> cut for these 2.

With these huge vamps, I'd add both more KS and at least 2 Blood Dolls.

> Deck Name: The Demented Thaumaturgists
> Created By: Craig Johnston
> anything it can't do? What a DEMENTED Deck!!!!
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 30, Max: 38, Avg: 8.5)
> 2 Louhi pro ANI AUS DEM OBF THA 10 Malkavian Antitribu
> Cardinal
> 3 William Biltmore dom AUS DEM OBF THA 9 Malkavian
> 1 Petaniqua chi AUS DAI DEM OBF THA 9 Malkavian
> 2 Fleurdumal cel tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Toreador
> Prince of Miami
> 2 Lazarus James obf tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Malkavian
> 2 Marie Faucigny dem tha AUS OBF 7 Malkavian Antitribu
> Archbishop of Geneva
>
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (14 cards)
> 1 Archon Investigation

Plenty of bounce, so you could probably lose this.

> 1 Asylum Hunting Ground

I would lose this in favor of a Blood Doll. You're not paying that much
blood for stealth or actions, plus you should be stealing every now and
then.

> 3 Blood Doll
> 1 Dementation
> 1 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2 Haven Uncovered

Huh? Sure, the Havens can clear your combat hand jam, but so could a couple
of Bum's Rushes. Lose these for BD's, I think.

> 1 Momentum's Edge
> 1 Prophecies of Gehenna
> 1 Sudden Reversal
> 2 Thaumaturgy

Another candidate for removal in favor of a Blood Doll. (Go down to 1, I
think.)

> Ally (1 cards)
> 1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

The Goblin rocks!

> Equipment (1 cards)
> 1 Enchanted Marionette

I like this to be a KS instead, but that's just me.

> Action (20 cards)
> 2 Call, The
> 2 Dive into Madness
> 9 Kindred Spirits

More of these, like 12-15.

> 4 Madman's Quill
> 3 Rutor's Hand
>
> Action Modifier (12 cards)
> 9 Confusion
> 3 Mind Tricks
>
> Combat (19 cards)
> 7 Apportation
> 8 Theft of Vitae
> 4 Wind Dance

Seems like you could lose 2-3 combat cards and be o.k. vs light combat.
You'll die to heavy combat even with this package, anyway.

> Reaction (14 cards)
> 2 Forced Awakening
> 8 Telepathic Misdirection
> 4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
>
> Combo (9 cards)
> 5 Deny
> 4 Random Patterns
>
> Any comments would still be very much appreciated!

Cool deck - enjoy!

Pat

flash_cxxi wrote:
> ...and threw in a Mylan Horseed (Goblin) as I think that he is one
> of the best Allies in the game, mainly because I like to play big Vamps
> (yes that's right J... I LIKE BIG VAMPS and I cannot lie, You other
> Bro... sorry got a bit carried away there!!!) and it means that at
> least Bilters or Louhi can take 3 actions a turn or 2 and stay
> untapped.

Mylan can't untap Billy Biltmore, since he's Camarilla.

I'd personally go to three each of Louhi and Billy, to diversify your
crypt as well as take advantage of Louhi's disciplines, title, and
amazing special, but I understand that you deck is all about the bleed
and Billy is just better at that than Louhi is.

John Eno

> anything it can't do? What a DEMENTED Deck!!!!
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 30, Max: 38, Avg: 8.5)
> 2 Louhi pro ANI AUS DEM OBF THA 10 Malkavian Antitribu
> Cardinal
> 3 William Biltmore dom AUS DEM OBF THA 9 Malkavian
> 1 Petaniqua chi AUS DAI DEM OBF THA 9 Malkavian
> 2 Fleurdumal cel tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Toreador
> Prince of Miami
> 2 Lazarus James obf tha AUS DEM PRE 8 Malkavian
> 2 Marie Faucigny dem tha AUS OBF 7 Malkavian Antitribu
> Archbishop of Geneva
>
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (14 cards)
> 1 Archon Investigation
> 1 Asylum Hunting Ground
> 3 Blood Doll
> 1 Dementation
> 1 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2 Haven Uncovered
> 1 Momentum's Edge
> 1 Prophecies of Gehenna
> 1 Sudden Reversal
> 2 Thaumaturgy

Your crypt has an avg of 8.5 and you have no way of bringing them up
faster except one single Dreams. That´s bad. I would drop the
Dementation skill card (it´s only good for Marie anyway so you will
discarding it most of the time), the Haven Uncovereds (you are not that
good in fighting) and add 4 Info Highway (need to remove some other card
too).

> Ally (1 cards)
> 1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
>
> Equipment (1 cards)
> 1 Enchanted Marionette

Too expensive.

> Action (20 cards)
> 2 Call, The
> 2 Dive into Madness

Not worth it. I would try at least one Blessing of Chaos in there.
Awesome card and drop the other one for the Info Highway.

> 9 Kindred Spirits
> 4 Madman's Quill
> 3 Rutor's Hand
>
> Action Modifier (12 cards)
> 9 Confusion
> 3 Mind Tricks
>
> Combat (19 cards)
> 7 Apportation
> 8 Theft of Vitae
> 4 Wind Dance

At least one or two Walf of Flames.

> Reaction (14 cards)
> 2 Forced Awakening
> 8 Telepathic Misdirection
> 4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
>
> Combo (9 cards)
> 5 Deny
> 4 Random Patterns

While I like the deck I fear that it might have problems getting the
actions through. You can only have little stealth on the Rutors Hand
making them very likely to be blocked. And without Rutors Hand you are
pretty muched hosed. And your bleeds will also be blocked very likely.
Usually people who have intercept have either Obedience (a real bummer
for you) or combat that isn´t afraid of a Theft of Vitae.

> of the best Allies in the game, mainly because I like to play big Vamps
> (yes that's right J... I LIKE BIG VAMPS and I cannot lie, You other
> Bro... sorry got a bit carried away there!!!) and it means that at

You're not compensating for something there champ are you?
;)

> least Bilters or Louhi can take 3 actions a turn or 2 and stay
> untapped.

Bilters is camarilla dude.

--> J