Q: Heidelberg Castle and Daring the Dawn

The title gives the question.

Daring the dawn will torpor my vampire after the action
resolves. I assume there's time to move the goods from
that vampire with Heidelberg before he/she takes a dirt
nap. Correct?

Sten During

Sten During wrote:
> Daring the dawn will torpor my vampire after the action
> resolves. I assume there's time to move the goods from
> that vampire with Heidelberg before he/she takes a dirt
> nap. Correct?

No. Heidelberg cannot be used during the action.
Daring the Dawn's damage occurs during the action (see
DtD, Fame, and Spirit Marionette combo questions).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ wrote:
> Sten During wrote:
>
>> Daring the dawn will torpor my vampire after the action
>> resolves. I assume there's time to move the goods from
>> that vampire with Heidelberg before he/she takes a dirt
>> nap. Correct?
>

> No. Heidelberg cannot be used during the action.
> Daring the Dawn's damage occurs during the action (see
> DtD, Fame, and Spirit Marionette combo questions).

Ah, so the windows are: Action resolves, after the resolution
of an action and action ends -- in that order (otherwise I'd
be able to order "after the action resolves" and "action ends"
the way I want as I'm the acting Meth)?

What would happen if I'm blocked by an ally and play Change of
Target? Change of Target immediately ends the action, so the
pending effect of DtD kind of is placed "after" the action, or
at least there is no longer any window left for a "during the
action".

Sten During

Sten During wrote:

> LSJ wrote:
>
>> Sten During wrote:
>>
>>> Daring the dawn will torpor my vampire after the action
>>> resolves. I assume there's time to move the goods from
>>> that vampire with Heidelberg before he/she takes a dirt
>>> nap. Correct?
>>

>> No. Heidelberg cannot be used during the action.
>> Daring the Dawn's damage occurs during the action (see
>> DtD, Fame, and Spirit Marionette combo questions).
>>
> Ah, so the windows are: Action resolves, after the resolution
> of an action and action ends -- in that order (otherwise I'd
> be able to order "after the action resolves" and "action ends"
> the way I want as I'm the acting Meth)?

Right.

> What would happen if I'm blocked by an ally and play Change of
> Target? Change of Target immediately ends the action, so the
> pending effect of DtD kind of is placed "after" the action, or
> at least there is no longer any window left for a "during the
> action".

Right. Like Strike: Combat Ends, "action ends" effects take
you straight to the end of the action, which is where DtD
damage will be inflicted.

DtD damage is inflicted at the end of the action.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/