new cards ideas

Hello everybody
i had these few ideas for new cards and i'm posting them here
beware: the wording could be not perfect.

professional throwing knives
equipment, melee weapon
cost 1 pool
when this card enters play put three counters on it. each counter could
be used to do a strike: R strenght damage. if a projectile card is used
to strike add +1 damage. if this weapon deals any damage successfully
then the counter is trasferred to the target minion, who can use it in
later rounds or later combats. otherwise the counter is burned.
keep this card in play as long as any counter is in play

whip
equipment, melee weapon
cost 1 pool
could be used to do a strike: R strenght damage
no more than 1 damage cound be dealed with this weapon.
if the strike is not dodged the minion with higher strenght gets a
press, only usable to continue combat.

Martial Art Master Training: <style>
master
cost 1 pool
put this card on a minion you control and put 2 counters on this card.
this minion could make a +2 stealth action that cost 1 blood to remove
a counter. when there are no more counters on this card this minion
gets...

(for every martial style there should be a different card. here i try
to write down some:)

<kung fu> ... one maneuvre each combat and +1 strenght with hand
strikes and melee weapon strikes.
<ju-jitsu>... one press each combat and prevents one damage each combat

<ninjitsu>... one dodge each combat. additional strikes cards cost this
vampire 1 less blood to play (never less than 0) (this could prove
definitely too powerful. maybe this should cost 2pool instead of 1)(or
3blood and 3 actions)
<boxe>... +1 strenght with hand strikes. if this minion plays taste of
vitae at the end of a round and gains at least one blood he gains an
additional blood

....a minion can have only one Martial arts master training.

maybe this should be used only by vampires, not minions.
i don't know exactly if the martial arts description could fit the real
martial arts, but, who cares?

Cut

Martial Art Master Training: <style>
Hehe I think someone's seen Batman Begins (or The Ninja Revealed as we
call it ;P) If there's one thing WoD doesn't need it's ninja/kung
fu/martial arts influence imo. Make them clan specific or discipline
oriented. Like Scholar / Knight Brujah's and Assamite casts etc etc.
Ancient Vampires learning Eastern Martial arts doesn't really make any
sense.

When they had the Create a clan, somebody made the Kill Bill clan...
When I saw Pai Mei (IE. Old Kung-fu master dude.) on a card, I was
thinking that he should be different.

Finding Pai Mei, the Kung-Fu Master.
Action:
Cost: 2

Once during your turn, you may pay 1 pool and put a Student counter on
a minion you control. A minion with a Student counter has +1
strength, and may strike:dodge with an additional strike once each
round. If a minion with a student counter successfully inflict damage
on a minion, place an Exploding counter on the opposing minion for each
point of damage successfully inflicted at the end of a round. If there
is 5 Exploding counters on a minion, burn that minion. If a minion
with a Student counter is going to torpor, burn that minion instead.
During your discard phase, the minion with a Student counter burns 1
blood, or that minion goes to torpor. Only 1 minion may only have 1
Student counter.

Warin ha scritto:

Martial Art Master Training: <style>
> Hehe I think someone's seen Batman Begins (or The Ninja Revealed as we
> call it ;P)

no. try again.

If there's one thing WoD doesn't need it's ninja/kung
> fu/martial arts influence imo.

sure.
does it need wasp stuff? or ebony kingdom stuff? you are afraid of
chinese economy, aren't you? ;)
apart from KotE, 4 cards portraiting (is the right word) 4 very common
martial arts doesn't seem to me like what you are describing

Make them clan specific or discipline
> oriented. Like Scholar / Knight Brujah's and Assamite casts etc etc.
> Ancient Vampires learning Eastern Martial arts doesn't really make any
> sense.

well, but then instead of clan oriented i'd say age oriented. as you
pointed out elders could have difficulties in keeping the times, but
anybody who lived in this world (from 30 years to today) could have
taken martial arts lessons without ruining the atmosphere
i think. in the end it was just an idea and it didn't seem so bad to me

bye

c'mon.
does this seem to you like a meaningful post to you?
just cheap sarcasm.
funny, but bullish.
dumb and bullish.

and at least the minion with the student counter should be able to get
out of torpor with a +3 stealth action that costs no blood instead of
burning.
IF you have seen the movie.

otherwise what are you talking for?

Cut

kulaid871 ha scritto:

> When they had the Create a clan, somebody made the Kill Bill clan...
> When I saw Pai Mei (IE. Old Kung-fu master dude.) on a card, I was
> thinking that he should be different.
>
> Finding Pai Mei, the Kung-Fu Master.
> Action:
> Cost: 2
>
> Once during your turn, you may pay 1 pool and put a Student counter on
> a minion you control. A minion with a Student counter has +1
> strength, and may strike:dodge with an additional strike once each
> round. If a minion with a student counter successfully inflict damage
> on a minion, place an Exploding counter on the opposing minion for each
> point of damage successfully inflicted at the end of a round. If there
> is 5 Exploding counters on a minion, burn that minion. If a minion
> with a Student counter is going to torpor, burn that minion instead.
> During your discard phase, the minion with a Student counter burns 1
> blood, or that minion goes to torpor. Only 1 minion may only have 1
> Student counter.

c'mon.
i don't know if this is in answer to my post, but if it's so i'd say:
just cheap sarcasm?
funny, but bullish.
dumb and bullish.
better for you to be quiet.

otherwise i'd say that the minion with the student counter should be
able to get out of torpor with a +3 stealth action that costs no blood
instead of
burning. at the very least.
IF you have seen the movie.

otherwise what are we talking for?

Cut

Cut wrote:

> otherwise what are you talking for?

Hey! Who are you talking to?

It is always good to include quoted relevant text that you are replying to,
so folks know what you are talking about.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil