HP HDX 9200 Video Card Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIRSTLIONHEART_99

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
HP HDX 9200 Entertainment Series Overheating Problems, Replacement For Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS

Anybody out there got any ideas about good video cards and replacement hard drives for these machines that HP RIPPED US ALL OFF TO THE TUNE OF AROUND $5,500.00.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hello FIRSTLIONHEART_99

My advice would be to find other Dragon owners and see what they have been doing to upgrade or prolong the usefulness of their systems.

HP HDX 9000 DRAGON Owners Lounge
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/515212-hp-hdx-9000-dragon-owners-lounge-part-2-a.html

pavilionsize.jpg

FIRSTLIONHEART_99

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS!! HP in their great wisdom voided my warranty which would have covered most of my problems on their dime. Finally I just gave up even talking with their support people. HP was once a Great company until a bunch of fools at the wheel drove it right in the ground. The only people I have any respect any more for are the Server Group based in New York. I've worked on and off with them since I got my HDX 9200 CTO as it came with a HP 475 MediaSmart Server. That still runs perfectly. Thank You Again So Much!! I actually just reloaded Windows 7 Ultimate last night again back on the Western Digital 320 GB drive in the C Drive slot.

FIRSTLIONHEART_99

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
I forgot to say why they voided my $400.00 Warranty. . . It was because I loaded Windows 7 Ultimate on the machine without their permission. I actually didn't know I needed their permission to put a new operating system on. . . It ran perfectly after I loaded it on anyway. The first problem to show up was this overheating Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS.

Now I can see where they hung EVERYONE THEY COULD OUT TO DRY. I can only hope a few went after them in Class Action Litigation. HP destroyed their own reputation. I feel sorry for some of the very good people they did have there. I knew many of them personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.