Any VoIP app (like Skype) avaliable for Palm OS?

June 28, 2005 1:12:48 PM

Hiya all,

My friend just got a LifeDrive and we were wondering if there are any
VoIP apps avaliable to recommend for Palm OS?

'Cos installing something like Skype (do they have a palm os version?)
on a LifeDrive would make it alot more versatile. :)

Your recommendations?

--
mike
mike's Profile: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/member.php?userid=...

mike wrote:

> Hiya all,
>
> My friend just got a LifeDrive and we were wondering if there are any
> VoIP apps avaliable to recommend for Palm OS?
>
> 'Cos installing something like Skype (do they have a palm os version?)
> on a LifeDrive would make it alot more versatile. :)
>
> Your recommendations?

I answered the exact same question some time ago.

http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/May_2005/msg0016...

I have just checked the Skype Web site and they now don't even mentioned
Palm. It seems as if they had a site redesign recently, as a matter of
fact.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in news:D 9rh8u
$1dju$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk:

> I answered the exact same question some time ago.
>
> http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/May_2005/msg0016...

In Montreal, Toronto and Newyork, Teliphone does what Skype
still promisses, sort of. They have a phone, a cellular like handset,
except that it connects to the internet via Wifi. If you have a Wifi
connection at home, you don't need to physically connect the phone to
get VoIP. Teliphone even made deals with some Wifi Hotspot providers
so that their users can access Teliphone's VoIP from their Hotspots
for free. So, you can have VoIP that's literally portable. Now, if
ever we get city wide WiFi....hmmmm.

--
Marc

Rommie : We are not the droids you are looking for
Doyle : What was that ?
Rommie : I don't know, but it didn't work !
June 9, 2014 6:14:16 PM

I use Smartgroshen app, simple, good quality of voice and sync with your phone contacts.
!