Mercy of Seth and Scorpion`s Touch

If a minion has Mercy of Seth and Scorpion's Touch on him (fyi, Qadir
can pull that off. :) ) who (controller or owner of card)gets to choose
which card takes effect first?

adam.hu...@gmail.com wrote:
> If a minion has Mercy of Seth and Scorpion's Touch on him (fyi, Qadir
> can pull that off. :) ) who (controller or owner of card)gets to choose
> which card takes effect first?

Whoops. Side note: Scorpion's Touch has to be superior part.

It is up to the methuselah who has those two cards on their minion how
they want to order their untap phase effects in any way they wish, so
they get to choose whether they want to take the damage first or burn
the blood first. So, if the minion has one blood left, they can choose
to take the damage first, making them empty, then choose to burn the
blood, which they cannot do, causing the effect to do nothing that
untap phase.

BTW, you are still the controller AND owner of card. No matter what
happens in the game, you are always going to be the owner of your
cards, but control of cards changes only if it states so on the card
(like Powerbase: Montreal).

(I'm pretty sure I'm right, but don't take it for gospel.)

mrjay1000 wrote:

> BTW, you are still the controller AND owner of card. No matter what
> happens in the game, you are always going to be the owner of your
> cards, but control of cards changes only if it states so on the card
> (like Powerbase: Montreal).

Master cards are always controlled by the Methuselah that played them,
unless control specifically changes through some effect. Minion cards
are always controlled by the controller of the minion they are "on",
assuming they are on a minion. Minion cards like Rumors of Gehenna and
Vitae Block (which specifically doesn't go on the opposing minion for
this reason), which are put in play without going on a minion, are
controlled by the Methuselah who played them.

It's only a little bit confusing, but it's the most intuitive way for
reasons like:
a) the action to remove Haven Uncovered is (d)irected at the Methuselah
who played it.
b) when you steal a minion through any means, you automatically control
the retainers and equipment on that minion.