(DECK) Antara and the Chain Saw

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2005 11:49:10 AM

Hi!

Idea

Ive got this idea from reading a post on www.thepathofblood.com where
Carvers Meat Packing and Storage helps you pay for the Chain Saw. I
have tryed to put in some light intercept, but is it worth it ?

Comments are appreciated.

Dis. used FOR, CEL, ofs and a splash of QUI.

4 Antara
2 Janni
1 Nedal
1 Sandra White
1 Eddie Gaines
1 Hanna Redmonds
1 Feo Ramos
1 Lisa Noble

Master: 14 cards
1 Contract
2 Carvers Meat...
1 Market Square
1 Underworld Hunting Ground
1 Archon Investigation
4 Blood Doll
1 Sudden Reversal
2 Fame
1 Giants Blood

Action: 3 cards

3 Clandestine Contract

Action Modifier: 10 cards

2 Provision of the Silsila
8 Forced March

Equipment: 7 cards
4 Talbots Chainsaw
1 Sires Index Finger
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Sports Bike

Combat: 43 cards
7 Flash
8 Pcyhe
7 Pursuit
4 Taste of Vitae
3 Skin of Steel
3 Rolling with the Punches
3 Indomitability
2 Skin of Night
2 Unfliching Persistence
2 Dis. Weapon
2 Blood Agony

Reaction: 6 cards
6 Forced Awakening

Allies and Retainers 3 cards
1 Tasha Morgan
1 Mr. Winthrop
1 The Ghouls of Plaza Moreria

Total 83 Cards

More about : deck antara chain

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:06:56 PM

michaeldj@wanadoo.dk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Idea
>
> Ive got this idea from reading a post on www.thepathofblood.com where
> Carvers Meat Packing and Storage helps you pay for the Chain Saw. I
> have tryed to put in some light intercept, but is it worth it ?
>
> Comments are appreciated.

Post it on www.thepathofblood.com. We like talking there better. Feels
like Alamut to us so we're more free with our comments. ;)

Jeff
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:14:42 PM

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:

Some good advice. Other observations:

> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, michaeldj@wanadoo.dk wrote:
> > 4 Antara

For diversity's sake, perhaps trade one Antara for Boot Hill. His +1
str and lesser cost make up for his inferior for.

> > Action: 3 cards

Consider adding Masochism, which works nicely with the Chainsaw.

> > 7 Flash

These should all be Selective Silence. The Chainsaw gives you a press
if you need one.

> > 3 Rolling with the Punches

Trade for Skin of Steel if you pack Masochism.

> > 2 Skin of Night

Because of the press, Hidden Strength is probably better, especially if
you can pay for it with Masochism, unless you expect unpreventable agg
damage.

> > 6 Forced Awakening

Definitely use Black Sunrise instead.

Some Infernal Pursuit would help you cycle to your DW/Talbot's combo,
and let you cycle the extras out.
August 2, 2005 2:30:10 PM

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, michaeldj@wanadoo.dk wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Idea
>
> Ive got this idea from reading a post on www.thepathofblood.com where
> Carvers Meat Packing and Storage helps you pay for the Chain Saw. I
> have tryed to put in some light intercept, but is it worth it ?
>
> Comments are appreciated.
>
> Dis. used FOR, CEL, ofs and a splash of QUI.
>
> 4 Antara
> 2 Janni
> 1 Nedal
> 1 Sandra White
> 1 Eddie Gaines
> 1 Hanna Redmonds
> 1 Feo Ramos
> 1 Lisa Noble

Reasonable. Hope nobody plays Dragonbound on you. Swap someone who's got
no useful disciplines or abilities (Lisa or Eddie) for Basir. Basir can
recruit the Ghouls of Plaza Moreria, play the Khabar: Glory you're going
to add and play any Quietus cards you run.

> Master: 14 cards
> 1 Contract
> 2 Carvers Meat...
> 1 Market Square
> 1 Underworld Hunting Ground
> 1 Archon Investigation
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Sudden Reversal
> 2 Fame
> 1 Giants Blood

Perfectionist is probably a good idea. Should keep the blood moving the
correct way through your Blood Dolls. I think your real problem here
could be not being able to get Talbot's. Maybe a Vast Wealth? It'll get
you where you need to go if you draw it early and it's totally discardable
later in the game.

> Action: 3 cards
>
> 3 Clandestine Contract

Talbot's gives you a rush, but with the Forced Marches, I'd probably want
a couple additional options since you don't have much defense. You want
to be able to rush both directions the same turn, right? Go up to 5
maybe.

A couple Khabar: Glory might be a good idea. Could also consider a Legal
Manipulations or two since Antara has presence.

> Action Modifier: 10 cards
>
> 2 Provision of the Silsila
> 8 Forced March
>
> Equipment: 7 cards
> 4 Talbots Chainsaw
> 1 Sires Index Finger
> 1 Bowl of Convergence
> 1 Sports Bike

Maybe an Ivory Bow, just in case your enemy can get to range all the time?

> Combat: 43 cards
> 7 Flash
> 8 Pcyhe
> 7 Pursuit
> 4 Taste of Vitae
> 3 Skin of Steel
> 3 Rolling with the Punches
> 3 Indomitability
> 2 Skin of Night
> 2 Unfliching Persistence
> 2 Dis. Weapon
> 2 Blood Agony

You should have a few Selective Silences in there. Beat Cailean at his
own game (hoping his game doesn't include Immortal Grapple). I'd probably
want a couple extra Tastes in this deck, considering you're absorbing 3
points of damage per turn. The 2 Disguised Weapons seem too random. This
deck is really relying on having a +1 stealth action unblocked. A Taste
of Death or two might be useful to punish those who have a zillion
maneuvers. Overall, you probably have too much prevent unless you have to
deal with heavy combat all the time. Remember, Talbot's gives you one
point of prevention per combat.

> Reaction: 6 cards
> 6 Forced Awakening
>
> Allies and Retainers 3 cards
> 1 Tasha Morgan
> 1 Mr. Winthrop
> 1 The Ghouls of Plaza Moreria
>
> Total 83 Cards

Looks like a fun deck that could do all right. Talbot's is a nice
space-saver and allows you to work in a little intercept angle while not
diluting your combat. You might need to play more Disguised Weapons if
people intercept your equip actions (as they probably should).

Matt Morgan
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 6:00:18 PM

First thanx alot for all the advice, very good indeed. :)

Good idea with Basir, ill swap Eddie for him. Same goes for the flash,
ill put in Selective Silence instead. I´ll cut a little bit on the
fortitude and put in vast Wealth.
!