(DECK) Antara and the Chain Saw

Hi!

Idea

Ive got this idea from reading a post on www.thepathofblood.com where
Carvers Meat Packing and Storage helps you pay for the Chain Saw. I
have tryed to put in some light intercept, but is it worth it ?

Comments are appreciated.

Dis. used FOR, CEL, ofs and a splash of QUI.

4 Antara
2 Janni
1 Nedal
1 Sandra White
1 Eddie Gaines
1 Hanna Redmonds
1 Feo Ramos
1 Lisa Noble

Master: 14 cards
1 Contract
2 Carvers Meat...
1 Market Square
1 Underworld Hunting Ground
1 Archon Investigation
4 Blood Doll
1 Sudden Reversal
2 Fame
1 Giants Blood

Action: 3 cards

3 Clandestine Contract

Action Modifier: 10 cards

2 Provision of the Silsila
8 Forced March

Equipment: 7 cards
4 Talbots Chainsaw
1 Sires Index Finger
1 Bowl of Convergence
1 Sports Bike

Combat: 43 cards
7 Flash
8 Pcyhe
7 Pursuit
4 Taste of Vitae
3 Skin of Steel
3 Rolling with the Punches
3 Indomitability
2 Skin of Night
2 Unfliching Persistence
2 Dis. Weapon
2 Blood Agony

Reaction: 6 cards
6 Forced Awakening

Allies and Retainers 3 cards
1 Tasha Morgan
1 Mr. Winthrop
1 The Ghouls of Plaza Moreria

Total 83 Cards
4 answers Last reply
More about deck antara chain

    michaeldj@wanadoo.dk wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Idea
    >
    > Ive got this idea from reading a post on www.thepathofblood.com where
    > Carvers Meat Packing and Storage helps you pay for the Chain Saw. I
    > have tryed to put in some light intercept, but is it worth it ?
    >
    > Comments are appreciated.

    Post it on www.thepathofblood.com. We like talking there better. Feels
    like Alamut to us so we're more free with our comments. ;)

    Jeff

    Matthew T. Morgan wrote:

    Some good advice. Other observations:

    > On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, michaeldj@wanadoo.dk wrote:
    > > 4 Antara

    For diversity's sake, perhaps trade one Antara for Boot Hill. His +1
    str and lesser cost make up for his inferior for.

    > > Action: 3 cards

    Consider adding Masochism, which works nicely with the Chainsaw.

    > > 7 Flash

    These should all be Selective Silence. The Chainsaw gives you a press
    if you need one.

    > > 3 Rolling with the Punches

    Trade for Skin of Steel if you pack Masochism.

    > > 2 Skin of Night

    Because of the press, Hidden Strength is probably better, especially if
    you can pay for it with Masochism, unless you expect unpreventable agg
    damage.

    > > 6 Forced Awakening

    Definitely use Black Sunrise instead.

    Some Infernal Pursuit would help you cycle to your DW/Talbot's combo,
    and let you cycle the extras out.

    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, michaeldj@wanadoo.dk wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Idea
    >
    > Ive got this idea from reading a post on www.thepathofblood.com where
    > Carvers Meat Packing and Storage helps you pay for the Chain Saw. I
    > have tryed to put in some light intercept, but is it worth it ?
    >
    > Comments are appreciated.
    >
    > Dis. used FOR, CEL, ofs and a splash of QUI.
    >
    > 4 Antara
    > 2 Janni
    > 1 Nedal
    > 1 Sandra White
    > 1 Eddie Gaines
    > 1 Hanna Redmonds
    > 1 Feo Ramos
    > 1 Lisa Noble

    Reasonable. Hope nobody plays Dragonbound on you. Swap someone who's got
    no useful disciplines or abilities (Lisa or Eddie) for Basir. Basir can
    recruit the Ghouls of Plaza Moreria, play the Khabar: Glory you're going
    to add and play any Quietus cards you run.

    > Master: 14 cards
    > 1 Contract
    > 2 Carvers Meat...
    > 1 Market Square
    > 1 Underworld Hunting Ground
    > 1 Archon Investigation
    > 4 Blood Doll
    > 1 Sudden Reversal
    > 2 Fame
    > 1 Giants Blood

    Perfectionist is probably a good idea. Should keep the blood moving the
    correct way through your Blood Dolls. I think your real problem here
    could be not being able to get Talbot's. Maybe a Vast Wealth? It'll get
    you where you need to go if you draw it early and it's totally discardable
    later in the game.

    > Action: 3 cards
    >
    > 3 Clandestine Contract

    Talbot's gives you a rush, but with the Forced Marches, I'd probably want
    a couple additional options since you don't have much defense. You want
    to be able to rush both directions the same turn, right? Go up to 5
    maybe.

    A couple Khabar: Glory might be a good idea. Could also consider a Legal
    Manipulations or two since Antara has presence.

    > Action Modifier: 10 cards
    >
    > 2 Provision of the Silsila
    > 8 Forced March
    >
    > Equipment: 7 cards
    > 4 Talbots Chainsaw
    > 1 Sires Index Finger
    > 1 Bowl of Convergence
    > 1 Sports Bike

    Maybe an Ivory Bow, just in case your enemy can get to range all the time?

    > Combat: 43 cards
    > 7 Flash
    > 8 Pcyhe
    > 7 Pursuit
    > 4 Taste of Vitae
    > 3 Skin of Steel
    > 3 Rolling with the Punches
    > 3 Indomitability
    > 2 Skin of Night
    > 2 Unfliching Persistence
    > 2 Dis. Weapon
    > 2 Blood Agony

    You should have a few Selective Silences in there. Beat Cailean at his
    own game (hoping his game doesn't include Immortal Grapple). I'd probably
    want a couple extra Tastes in this deck, considering you're absorbing 3
    points of damage per turn. The 2 Disguised Weapons seem too random. This
    deck is really relying on having a +1 stealth action unblocked. A Taste
    of Death or two might be useful to punish those who have a zillion
    maneuvers. Overall, you probably have too much prevent unless you have to
    deal with heavy combat all the time. Remember, Talbot's gives you one
    point of prevention per combat.

    > Reaction: 6 cards
    > 6 Forced Awakening
    >
    > Allies and Retainers 3 cards
    > 1 Tasha Morgan
    > 1 Mr. Winthrop
    > 1 The Ghouls of Plaza Moreria
    >
    > Total 83 Cards

    Looks like a fun deck that could do all right. Talbot's is a nice
    space-saver and allows you to work in a little intercept angle while not
    diluting your combat. You might need to play more Disguised Weapons if
    people intercept your equip actions (as they probably should).

    Matt Morgan

    First thanx alot for all the advice, very good indeed. :)

    Good idea with Basir, ill swap Eddie for him. Same goes for the flash,
    ill put in Selective Silence instead. I´ll cut a little bit on the
    fortitude and put in vast Wealth.

Video Games