Product Manager Change at White Wolf for V:TES

Hey folks,

We are doing a bit of organizational restructuring here at White Wolf and
trading some responsibilities around. Normally that might be business-speak
for something bad happening at the company but that is NOT the case.

Nonetheless, as part of this dramatic upheaval there has been a praxis
seizure of the product management role for Vampire: the Eternal Struggle -
the job I have been filling since White Wolf began publishing V:TES many
years ago (rock on VTES!). And who would seize the advantage during the
political flux at White Wolf to stab me in the back and usurp my title? None
other than my own brother (and White Wolf co-founder) Stewart Wieck. Et tu
Brutus!

Ok, only joking of course. There are only bonds of blood and brotherly love
here. In fact Stewart and I are practically a coagulated entity...

As of today, Stewart is now in charge of the V:TES product line and chairman
of V:EKN, while I move over to handle more sales and business aspects of
White Wolf. Stewart is as much of a newbie at V:TES as I was when White Wolf
printed Sabbat War, but like me, he's smart enough to listen to the wisdom
of experts like LSJ, Oscar and all of you receiving this e-mail. So I hope
that you will lend Stewart the benefit of your feedback and advice in the
coming years as you have given it to me in the past years.

Stewart and I will both be going to Gen Con early to enjoy most of the Week
of Nightmares. Oscar and I are pushing Stewart into the "deep end of the
pool" by letting him learn how to play the game the right way among some of
the world's best players during the Week of Nightmares. I hope many of you
will be there, so that I can introduce you to Stewart and you can show him
"the hard way" how VTES is played by the world's best!

Stewart will also be attending the European Championship in November.

It has been my distinct pleasure to get to know so many of you over the past
several years and to form friendships that will remain dear to me on into
the future. I sincerely appreciate all that you folks do to keep V:TES a fun
game and a fun community. I hope in the coming year you will help Stewart
and Oscar introduce more and more players to the community.

In my new sales role I will be traveling the world a bit more, so I hope to
crash in on games in more cities around the world. I am also thinking that
since I am no longer directly involved with V:TES products, I can start
playing in the Qualifiers next year. Ben, Christian, Rueben, Stephane, Jay,
etc. you've been warned! ;)

Regards,

Steve Wieck
White Wolf Publishing, Inc

Steve Wieck wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> We are doing a bit of organizational restructuring here at White Wolf and
> trading some responsibilities around. Normally that might be business-speak
> for something bad happening at the company but that is NOT the case.
>
> Nonetheless, as part of this dramatic upheaval there has been a praxis
> seizure of the product management role for Vampire: the Eternal Struggle -
> the job I have been filling since White Wolf began publishing V:TES many
> years ago (rock on VTES!). And who would seize the advantage during the
> political flux at White Wolf to stab me in the back and usurp my title? None
> other than my own brother (and White Wolf co-founder) Stewart Wieck. Et tu
> Brutus!
>
> Ok, only joking of course. There are only bonds of blood and brotherly love
> here. In fact Stewart and I are practically a coagulated entity...
>
> As of today, Stewart is now in charge of the V:TES product line and chairman
> of V:EKN, while I move over to handle more sales and business aspects of
> White Wolf. Stewart is as much of a newbie at V:TES as I was when White Wolf
> printed Sabbat War, but like me, he's smart enough to listen to the wisdom
> of experts like LSJ, Oscar and all of you receiving this e-mail. So I hope
> that you will lend Stewart the benefit of your feedback and advice in the
> coming years as you have given it to me in the past years.
>
> Stewart and I will both be going to Gen Con early to enjoy most of the Week
> of Nightmares. Oscar and I are pushing Stewart into the "deep end of the
> pool" by letting him learn how to play the game the right way among some of
> the world's best players during the Week of Nightmares. I hope many of you
> will be there, so that I can introduce you to Stewart and you can show him
> "the hard way" how VTES is played by the world's best!
>
> Stewart will also be attending the European Championship in November.
>
> It has been my distinct pleasure to get to know so many of you over the past
> several years and to form friendships that will remain dear to me on into
> the future. I sincerely appreciate all that you folks do to keep V:TES a fun
> game and a fun community. I hope in the coming year you will help Stewart
> and Oscar introduce more and more players to the community.
>
> In my new sales role I will be traveling the world a bit more, so I hope to
> crash in on games in more cities around the world. I am also thinking that
> since I am no longer directly involved with V:TES products, I can start
> playing in the Qualifiers next year. Ben, Christian, Rueben, Stephane, Jay,
> etc. you've been warned! ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve Wieck
> White Wolf Publishing, Inc

Stewart,
welcome, good luck and keep going the good work!

Andrea

andrea.la.ma...@infinito.it wrote:

> Stewart,
> welcome, good luck and keep going the good work!
>
> Andrea

....and sorry for the awful phrase construct....
I meant i wish you will continue on the line of the good work done
until now...etc etc
Andrea

I can start
> playing in the Qualifiers next year.

Fresh Meat for the Grinder!

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

hei there!!!

the best of luck to you, steve, at the hwole business, and also to
stewart, who's most welcome!!!

cheers
Luciano "The Baital" de Sampaio
VEKN Anarch Baron de Curitiba

p.s.: i've sent several e-mail towards oscar about the conclave and me
not receiving messages from it anymore, and never got a response...what
can i do???