Dell laptop not recognizing cd in drive
Hi my dell laptop is not doing anything when i put a cd into the drive what do i do?
• Hi, blbever
Welcome to the Dell Community.
1st step : Please check and see if the optical drive icon is detected by the system on windows.
2nd step : Try and play another CD. (if it does not work follow the 3rd step)
3rd step : Update the latest optical drivers firmware from support web site. (if it does not work follow the 4th step)
4th step : Delete the lower and upper filter by following the steps mentioned below.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone
Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community