Week of Nightmares Draft Events?

Since no one seems to be keeping up with the Week of Nightmares RSVP
thread, let me try asking again:

#1. Will both drafts be using the Swainbank variant? Or will only one
of them be?

#2. You mentioned that you intend to use 6 packs for the draft. Has the
expansion(s) for those packs been determined yet?

#3. Is the Swainbank variant approved for sanctioned Limited play?
(i.e. will the results of the Swainbank draft be included in the VEKN
ratings?).

Thanks.

With regards,
Eric Chiang

Eric Chiang wrote:
> Since no one seems to be keeping up with the Week of Nightmares RSVP
> thread, let me try asking again:

Heh...gotta love the short shelf life of threads. :)

> fudjo wrote:
> > There will be two drafts on Tuesday, one afternoon and one evening. :)
>
> #1. Will both drafts be using the Swainbank variant? Or will only one
> of them be?

Both will use the Swainbank variant.

For those of you who don't know what that is, here are the rules:

7-card minimum crypt
40-card minimum library
During your discard phase, if your library is empty, you
may spend a discard phase action to shuffle the library
cards in your ash heap and put them in your library.

Ben Swainbank: were there any rules on crypt depletion/recycling?

> #2. You mentioned that you intend to use 6 packs for the draft. Has the
> expansion(s) for those packs been determined yet?

I haven't finalized the specific packs. I have a box full
of booster boxes, about half of which are Camarilla Edition.
I also have a lot of Bloodlines and Anarchs and Black Hand,
and lesser numbers of Gehenna, Sabbat War, and Final Nights.
I've been wanting to try out just 6 packs of Camarilla
Edition, but if I do that, the second draft will have a
very wonky mix of boosters. *shrug* We can decide when
we get there.

It's all free.

> #3. Is the Swainbank variant approved for sanctioned Limited play?
> (i.e. will the results of the Swainbank draft be included in the VEKN
> ratings?).

These will be unsanctioned and as such the results will not
be included in the VEKN ratings. I have three goals for
these events:

1) Have fun!
2) Have FREE draft tournaments
3) Showcase the Swainbank variant in the hopes that it will
be adopted as a sanctioned format, if not _the_ format
to use for draft

- Ben Peal

> Both will use the Swainbank variant.
>
> Ben Swainbank: were there any rules on crypt depletion/recycling?

As originally written and as we've been playing it, when you're library
is empty you can use a DPA to shuffle your ash heap into your library
**and crypt**. In practice, I don't know if the crypt recyling part is
important.

-Ben Swainbank