AMD's 'Sabine' Platform Will Support DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]soky602[/nom]STAT = Super Totally Awesome Tits[/citation]
I think AMD is onto something with that.

I wonder if it will be able to do more advanced Hybrid then what we currently get with the 790GX. Maybe one were when I am not playing a game or production work using GPU accelleration it completely shuts off the GPU.

G

This looks(and hopefully performs) alot better than what Intel has coming out later in the year. If I don't like Intel IGPs to begin with, I doubt moving it under the CPU's heatspreader is going to make me like it any more...

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i think it will still have an IGP on the motherboard since the gpu on the processor will not be enough for graphics tasks. it will be used to accelerate applications as stated in their Fusion architecture.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I though Sabine is due this summer so DX11 support is touted as a feature. By 2011, Intel and Nvidia will have something similar. In fact, I think Intel's G53/55 will be the first DX11 GPU even though it'll suck.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I think for some reason fusion (gpu/cpu) got delayed because of Intel Or Nvidia. (for sake of leaving everyone in the dust) Would of been nice if it came out already instead of being pushed back.

G

What a name for a platform.. "Sabine"... I'm sure as their naming for platforms, the STAT will be nothing more than Symmetric and Technological Advanced TFTscreenvideosignalamplifiers or so...

I wonder how far we are from the "One chip computer".

G

@n3ard3ath: I used to think the "New World Order" people were kind of kooky, until lately, now that the media is slowly trying to warm us up to the idea, and UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown talks about it every other day... So, NWO people, I owe you an apology, and you owe me an "I told you so".

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]NWOwrestler[/nom]@n3ard3ath: I used to think the "New World Order" people were kind of kooky, until lately, now that the media is slowly trying to warm us up to the idea, and UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown talks about it every other day... So, NWO people, I owe you an apology, and you owe me an "I told you so".[/citation]

The only person you owe something is you. When you hear about world bankers talking about an internationnal taxe, it's only a conformation of what's really happening. Enginnered economic crash to further advance the end objective.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]ShqTth[/nom]I think for some reason fusion (gpu/cpu) got delayed because of Intel Or Nvidia. (for sake of leaving everyone in the dust) Would of been nice if it came out already instead of being pushed back.[/citation]
Why would you want them on the same chip anyway? It increases heat, you don't get choice, and it makes upgrades more expensive.

galacticdust

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
The first thing that pops into my mind when I hear Sabine is "the Rape of the Sabine Women". Is AMD certain they want to create this mental association in the minds of potential customers? Maybe not the greatest marketing strategy...

Status
Not open for further replies.