Create-A-Clan Rules for GenCon 2005?

Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or linked to?

Also, will these rules be the same for the WoN Create-A-Clan on Wed, Aug
17th?

LSJ wrote:
> UniqueMaster wrote:
> > Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or linked to?
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac
>
> > Also, will these rules be the same for the WoN Create-A-Clan on Wed, Aug
> > 17th?
>
> Unknown.

To be honest, I'm not sure who's running the WoN Create-A-Clan on
Wednesday at WoN, but I'll take the reins if nobody else has.

As such, I decree that we use the same rules on Wednesday that we
use on Sunday:

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac

- Ben Peal

UniqueMaster wrote:
> Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or linked to?

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac

> Also, will these rules be the same for the WoN Create-A-Clan on Wed, Aug
> 17th?

Unknown.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

While reviewing the rules, I came across this:

Keep the names clean. Vampires (and other cards) with offensive or vulgar
names, as determined soley by the discretion of the judge, will be burned
upon entering play just as if the vampire (or other card) would
self-contest.

I guess I have to leave my Ass-Fisted Rimjobbers clan at home.

--
Mike Ooi
"You have left the world. Click to continue."

fudjo wrote:
> As such, I decree that we use the same rules on Wednesday that we
> use on Sunday:
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac

That's the link Oscar sent me to, so I think it's a safe bet the WoN
event will use those rules as well.

------------------------------
Ethan Burrow - the pre/vic guy
http://monger.vekn.org/
http://wiki.vekn.org/

Wes

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002

Wes wrote:
> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > UniqueMaster wrote:
> >> Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or linked
> >> to?
> >
> > http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac
>
> Does anyone know if the most current C-a-C rules are implemented at:
>
> http://vtesinla.org/CreateaClan/crd.asp

If they aren't, then I'll put them up tonight! I don't think I copied
the rules directly from WW's page but they look very similar. To be
safe, though, I'll copy from WW's site this evening.

-Robert

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> UniqueMaster wrote:
>> Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or
>> linked to?
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac

It looks to me like it's legal to make a crypt that has fewer vampires
from your clan than from your bloodline (since you can make 4 bloodline
vampires and use 2 copies of each if you wish). Is that correct? Or
does this line from the section "The Others" mean that you may have at
most 4 copies of bloodline vampires in your crypt, and not 4 distinct
bloodline vampires? "You may have up to one Caitiff and up to four
vampires from a bloodline you create."

thanks,

Josh

visions of daimoinon dancing in his head

Joshua Duffin wrote:
> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > UniqueMaster wrote:
> >> Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or
> >> linked to?
> >
> > http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac
>
> It looks to me like it's legal to make a crypt that has fewer vampires
> from your clan than from your bloodline (since you can make 4 bloodline
> vampires and use 2 copies of each if you wish). Is that correct?

Yes.
Cac text.

Joshua Duffin wrote:
> First, spoofing a non-hunting-ground library card says to increase the
> cost by one pool, or by one blood if the card costs blood. What if the
> card costs nothing but is a minion card (eg Corruption)? Letter of the
> rule suggests the cost goes to 1 pool, but spirit (to me) implies that
> it should perhaps be 1 blood instead.

1 pool, by letter and spirit.
Cac text.

> Second, if you spoof library cards, do you need to play with your
> library sleeved (so you can put the new picture of the appropriate
> library cards inside the sleeves)? Or can you (a) draw on an unsleeved
> library card, or (b) use a proxy to represent the spoofed library card,
> with a "custom" copy of the card available to substitute if the spoofed
> library card actually gets played?

Either way.

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> UniqueMaster wrote:
>> Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or
>> linked to?
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac

Whoops, another question about the rules already. Two questions,
actually.

First, spoofing a non-hunting-ground library card says to increase the
cost by one pool, or by one blood if the card costs blood. What if the
card costs nothing but is a minion card (eg Corruption)? Letter of the
rule suggests the cost goes to 1 pool, but spirit (to me) implies that
it should perhaps be 1 blood instead.

Second, if you spoof library cards, do you need to play with your
library sleeved (so you can put the new picture of the appropriate
library cards inside the sleeves)? Or can you (a) draw on an unsleeved
library card, or (b) use a proxy to represent the spoofed library card,
with a "custom" copy of the card available to substitute if the spoofed
library card actually gets played?

thanks again,

Josh

always waiting till the last minute
(well, it's the last minute for me)

LSJ wrote:
> Joshua Duffin wrote:
> > "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac
> >
> > It looks to me like it's legal to make a crypt that has fewer vampires
> > from your clan than from your bloodline (since you can make 4 bloodline
> > vampires and use 2 copies of each if you wish). Is that correct?
>
> Yes.
> Cac text.

Umm... Just for the sake of clarity, according to the rules:

"You may have up to one Caitiff and up to four vampires from a
bloodline you create."

In the linked rules for the bloodline, it says you may create up to 4
*distinct* vampires (2 for a scarce clan), but the deck construction
rules only say that you can have up to 1 caitiff and 4 bloodlines vamps
- note the lack of the word "distinct". A crypt with all Aurora Van
Brande's in it has 12 vampires (or more), but only 1 distinct vampire.

Chris Berger wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> > Joshua Duffin wrote:
> > > "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message

> > > It looks to me like it's legal to make a crypt that has fewer vampires
> > > from your clan than from your bloodline (since you can make 4 bloodline
> > > vampires and use 2 copies of each if you wish). Is that correct?
> >
> > Yes.
> > Cac text.
>
> Umm... Just for the sake of clarity, according to the rules:
>
> "You may have up to one Caitiff and up to four vampires from a
> bloodline you create."
>
> In the linked rules for the bloodline, it says you may create up to 4
> *distinct* vampires (2 for a scarce clan), but the deck construction
> rules only say that you can have up to 1 caitiff and 4 bloodlines vamps
> - note the lack of the word "distinct". A crypt with all Aurora Van
> Brande's in it has 12 vampires (or more), but only 1 distinct vampire.

The construction rules do not "only" say that you can have up to 1 and
4.

They also say:

"Building the Crypt:
You may only use the vampires you have created.
You must use all of the vampires you have created.
You may have no more than 2 copies of each vampire in your crypt."

The last line, while not explicitly saying 'you may have 2 of each
bloodline vampire', does not explicitly say 'only one of each bloodline
vampire' either.

Also: The bloodline rules start with: "The bloodline is constructed
according to the normal clan rules, but with the following changes..."

The 'normal clan rules' allow up to 2 copies of each vampire, and the
'following changes' do not restrict this 'normal clan' design point.

-John Flournoy

Chris Berger wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>
>>Joshua Duffin wrote:
>>
>>>"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message

>>>It looks to me like it's legal to make a crypt that has fewer vampires
>>>from your clan than from your bloodline (since you can make 4 bloodline
>>>vampires and use 2 copies of each if you wish). Is that correct?
>>
>>Yes.
>>Cac text.
>

> Umm... Just for the sake of clarity, according to the rules:
>
> "You may have up to one Caitiff and up to four vampires from a
> bloodline you create."
>
> In the linked rules for the bloodline, it says you may create up to 4
> *distinct* vampires (2 for a scarce clan), but the deck construction
> rules only say that you can have up to 1 caitiff and 4 bloodlines vamps
> - note the lack of the word "distinct". A crypt with all Aurora Van
> Brande's in it has 12 vampires (or more), but only 1 distinct vampire.

Context may help, as usual:

"You make a crypt of up to 12 vampires (you may use fewer if you wish to
double-up some of them in your deck)."

Note that your Aurora example is, in that context, 1 vampire 12 times.

Here are the entirety of the deck construction rules:

"You make a crypt of up to 12 vampires (you may use fewer if you wish to
double-up some of them in your deck). Each vampire is designed according to the
rules below, ... When you're done, you build a library from your regular V:TES
cards and a crypt from your custom crypt."

and

"Building the Crypt:
You may only use the vampires you have created.
You must use all of the vampires you have created.
You may have no more than 2 copies of each vampire in your crypt."

The "1 Caitiff and 4 Bloodline vampires" text does not appear there.

It appears under "The Others", which is not a deck construction
section, but among the card design sections.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Other doubt, still regarding C-A-C rules. In the section "A la carte
specials", the cost for the item "May steal the Edge from :" is
marked as -1. Isn't wrong?

Marlo - The Iceman
non-CAC Prince of São Paulo

Marlo - The Iceman wrote:
> Other doubt, still regarding C-A-C rules. In the section "A la carte
> specials", the cost for the item "May steal the Edge from :" is
> marked as -1. Isn't wrong?

It is correct.

e.g. The action "Bob may steal the Edge (-1) from any Methuselah (+0.5)
as a +1 stealth (D) action (+1)" costs a total of -1 + 0.5 + 1 = 0.5
points.

The action "Carl may steal the Edge (-1) from your predator (0) as a
(D) action (0)" costs 0 points, since any negative cost is treated as
zero.

John Flournoy wrote:

> The last line, while not explicitly saying 'you may have 2 of each
> bloodline vampire', does not explicitly say 'only one of each bloodline
> vampire' either.

No it does not. You could have 2 copies of 2.

It doesn't explicitly say that you can have more than 4 *total* copies
of bloodlines vamps in your deck, and seems to me that it explicitly
says otherwise. Since LSJ has ruled on it and answered my concern, I
supposed you really can have a deck with 8 bloodlines vamps and 2
caitiff and only 2 of your main clan (who can be the same 1 vampire - a
clan of 1), but it seemed that the original rules were built to
disallow that, and make you at least *use* your main clan. To me, "you
may have up to 4 bloodlines vampires" and "you may have up to 4
distinct bloodlines vampires", when put together means you can have 2
copies each of 2 different bloodlines vampires (the only way to have 4
vamps from a scarce clan), or 1 copy each of 4 different vampires (or
several other combinations adding to a total of 4).

Chris Berger wrote:
> ... I
> supposed you really can have a deck with 8 bloodlines vamps and 2
> caitiff and only 2 of your main clan (who can be the same 1 vampire - a
> clan of 1), but it seemed that the original rules were built to
> disallow that, and make you at least *use* your main clan.

Actually, if you make one of your bloodlines vamps Advanced, I don't
think you have to use your main clan at all.

Emmit Svenson wrote:
> Chris Berger wrote:
> > ... I
> > supposed you really can have a deck with 8 bloodlines vamps and 2
> > caitiff and only 2 of your main clan (who can be the same 1 vampire - a
> > clan of 1), but it seemed that the original rules were built to
> > disallow that, and make you at least *use* your main clan.
>
> Actually, if you make one of your bloodlines vamps Advanced, I don't
> think you have to use your main clan at all.

Doesn't the Advanced vampire count as a "distinct" vamp from the basic?
If so, you might as well make your main vamp Advanced, have 4 copies
of him and 8 of the bloodline.

Either way, I guess it's a good cheesy way to get a CaC clan with
flight, or with any bloodlines discipline.

Chris Berger wrote:
> Emmit Svenson wrote:
> > Chris Berger wrote:
> > > ... I
> > > supposed you really can have a deck with 8 bloodlines vamps and 2
> > > caitiff and only 2 of your main clan (who can be the same 1 vampire - a
> > > clan of 1), but it seemed that the original rules were built to
> > > disallow that, and make you at least *use* your main clan.
> >
> > Actually, if you make one of your bloodlines vamps Advanced, I don't
> > think you have to use your main clan at all.
>
> Doesn't the Advanced vampire count as a "distinct" vamp from the basic?
> If so, you might as well make your main vamp Advanced, have 4 copies
> of him and 8 of the bloodline.

He doesn't count as distinct for picking disciplines, or for 'one per
set' issues - but apparently he would count as distinct for 'only 2
vampires can be of the same capacity', since it's not stated that he
doesn't...

> Either way, I guess it's a good cheesy way to get a CaC clan with
> flight, or with any bloodlines discipline.

Agreed.

-John Flournoy

LSJ wrote:
> UniqueMaster wrote:
> > Can we get the rules for the Sunday, Aug 21st tourney posted or linked to?
>
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cac
>
> > Also, will these rules be the same for the WoN Create-A-Clan on Wed, Aug
> > 17th?
>
> Unknown.
>
> --
> LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (remove spam trap to reply)
> Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
> http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

A question. Under the "Disciplines and Capacity" section, one of the
rules is "No two different vampires of 5-cap or less may share the same
superior Discipline. (Whole Set)". Does this include any Bloodline
clan you may choose? e.g. if I have a 3-cap vampire with superior
Necromancy in my main clan, can I have a 3-cap with superior Necromancy
in my Bloodline clan (assuming that Necromancy is the chosen shared
discipline)?

Thanks
Doug
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Portland_VTES/

Doug wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> A question. Under the "Disciplines and Capacity" section, one of the
> rules is "No two different vampires of 5-cap or less may share the same
> superior Discipline. (Whole Set)". Does this include any Bloodline
> clan you may choose? e.g. if I have a 3-cap vampire with superior
> Necromancy in my main clan, can I have a 3-cap with superior Necromancy
> in my Bloodline clan (assuming that Necromancy is the chosen shared
> discipline)?

You cannot. That's why it says 'Whole Set' - the rule applies to your
entire set (Clan/Caitiff/Bloodline), not just the Clan vampires or the
bloodline ones seperately.

> Doug

-John Flournoy

I was wondering if we can choose specials that are not listed in the A
La Carte specials? And if so, what would their costs be?

i.e. +1 hand size while in combat (1 point) or This vampire cannot
gain intercept (-1 point).

In message <1123996749.293708.196950@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Hoshichie <mikara10@hotmail.com> writes:
>I was wondering if we can choose specials that are not listed in the A
>La Carte specials?

If they're not on the list, you can't choose them.

You might want to suggest other useful specials for a later revision of
the rules, however.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.