(DECK) DOM/FOR/POT/NEC

HI!

Just made this new deck, that i wanted some comments on. Its nothing
out of the usual, but i like all the new fortitude on the Giovanni.
There is no rush actions, Ignazio and the bleed should do it(i hope).

Any comments are apreciated.

Regards

Michael

Crypt:

1 Lia Milliner
1 Almodo Giovanni
1 Cristobal Ghiberti
1 Donatello Giovanni
3 Ignazio Giovanni
2 Baldesar Rossellini
3 Benedict Giovanni

Avg: 6,16 Low: 13 High: 35

Master:

1 Fame
1 Dis Pater(never used this before is it any good ? )
4 Proxy Kissed
1 Morgue Hunting Ground
5 Blood Dolls
1 Archon Investigation
1 Depravity

14 Cards

Actions:

6 Govern the Unaligned
2 Graverobbing

8 Cards

Actions Modifiers:

6 Conditioning
6 Freak Drives

12 Cards

Reactions:

6 Deflection
6 Wake

12 Cards

Combat:

5 Torn Signpost
4 Disarm
6 Dead Hand
8 Imortal Grapple
6 Skin of Steel
8 Unflinching Persistence
6 Taste of Vitae

43 Cards

Ally:

1 Felix "Fix" Hessian

1 Card

Total 90 Cards

My only major comment on this is that I think maybe groups 2/3 would
work better than 3/4, due to a better selection of weenies. You lose
some cool vamps, most importantly Benedict, but you gain access to a
LOT of cheap potence with Paul, Christophero, and Mario and the
questionably awesome Chaz. Vittorio at 5 is alright too, and becomes
extremely scary if you can get him proxy kissed.

More from me later maybe....gotta watch Ghostbusters!!! (seriously)

Cthulukitty

Cthulukitty wrote:
> My only major comment on this is that I think maybe groups 2/3 would
> work better than 3/4, due to a better selection of weenies. You lose
> some cool vamps, most importantly Benedict, but you gain access to a
> LOT of cheap potence with Paul, Christophero, and Mario and the
> questionably awesome Chaz. Vittorio at 5 is alright too, and becomes
> extremely scary if you can get him proxy kissed.
> More from me later maybe....gotta watch Ghostbusters!!! (seriously)
> Cthulukitty

Yeah, the deck would change its approach a little bit, but it
definetely works better. Not only you have more pot weenies, you get by
cheaper NEC as well - important for Dead Hand at superior if you run
into a reasonable number of damage prevention.

I've tried something like this:

7x Proxy Kissed
2x Acquired Ventrue assets
1x Dis Pater (yeah, it is HUGE when you weenify this deck's crypt and
spend a good number of combat cards per turn).
1x Storage Annex
1x Channel 10
4x Blood Doll
2x Haven Uncovered

4x Scouting Mission
2x Govern the Unaligned
1x Graverobbing
4x Bum's Rush

2x Threats
2x Conditioning
4x Freak Drive

8x Deflection

8x Immortal Grapple
8x Disarm
4x Decapitate
6x Mighty Grapple
6x Dead Hand
8x Skin of Steel
2x Soak
2x Unflinching Persistence

Excuse me if the numbers don't match. I'm rebuilding it from memory and
tweaked it a number of times. It didn't have this many Mighty Grapples
until I've realized how interesting it is to deal with long range
combat (just press and press until you get'em) or to cycle for a press
when you need the Dead Hand at superior.

The inicial crypt was like this:

3x Ignazio
1x Baldesar
1x Don Michael Antonio
2x Benedict
1x Raphaela
1x Donatello
1x Lia Milliner
1x Almodo
1x Christobal Ghiberti

I've had the impression it wouldn't get going soon. So I changed it to
this:

3x Ignazio
1x Vittorio
1x Isabel
1x Gloria
1x Chas Tello
1x Rudolpho
1x Lia Milliner
1x Christofero
1x Mario
1x Paul di Carlo

Note that you lose somewhat in [pot], but with [pot][for] granted by
Proxy Kiss, sometimes you manage to torporize with "poor" Lia thanks to
a blow by 1 or 2, damage prevention and Disarm. Then you can proceed
and sacrifice a weenie on a diablerie action, if you feel it's worth
it.
I've noticed that once you roll over your prey quickly (easier if you
get a soft, non-combat prey), you make enough pool to influence out
lots of weenies and start to be more effective. Otherwise you're
doomed, even at casual play tables: people start to get permanent
maneuvers, guns and the like, or they just bloat, and you have a hard
time doing something good.
Other problem: there is a significantly high blood cost, you don't have
stealth for hunting, and Taste of Vitae simply isn't that good with the
main combat combo. More often than not, I use the Dolls for recouping
blood, not for poolgain.

If anyone has any ideas to avoid these problems...

Fabio Sooner
NC for Brazil

Fabio says:

"Other problem: there is a significantly high blood cost, you don't
have stealth for hunting, and Taste of Vitae simply isn't that good
with the main combat combo. More often than not, I use the Dolls for
recouping blood, not for poolgain."

Maybe using Sunset Strip, and Inbase Discotek, but they will cost you
more Master slots. If you use Dolls avoid hunting, you may exchange two
of them for these. What do you think?

Marlo - The Iceman wrote:
> Fabio says:
>
> "Other problem: there is a significantly high blood cost, you don't
> have stealth for hunting, and Taste of Vitae simply isn't that good
> with the main combat combo. More often than not, I use the Dolls for
> recouping blood, not for poolgain."
>
> Maybe using Sunset Strip, and Inbase Discotek, but they will cost you
> more Master slots. If you use Dolls avoid hunting, you may exchange two
> of them for these. What do you think?

Both cost pool, and note that people will note around midgame that
without blood there's nothing much my vampires can do. Hunting is good
only when not empty, and even then people try to block sometimes. I
prefer to gain blood other ways and save actions for bleed and rush.

I don't like to depend on a given card coming to roll in. I could swap
a Acquired Ventrue Asset for a HG, though. In this deck, it could be a
good long-term investment (pun intended). Maybe a Perfectionist too. I
don't have stealth, but sometimes people won't block a hunt to save
untapped minions and block a rush, and when that happens, Perfectionist
becomes a free Inbase.

best,