Szechenyi_Jolán_Wall_Deck

Last response: in Video Games
August 7, 2005 12:39:28 PM

Deck Name: Szechenyi Jolán, The Mother of the Wall of Horror
Created By: Craig Johnston

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 15, Max: 36, Avg: 6.08)
4 Szechenyi Jolan cel for pro ANI AUS VIC 9 Tzimisce
1 Caliban ANI AUS VIC 6 Tzimisce
1 Corine Marcon ani AUS VIC 6 Tzimisce
1 Devin Bisley vic ANI AUS 5 Tzimisce
1 Elizabeth Westcott ani cel vic AUS 5 Tzimisce
1 Ana Rita Montana aus dom obf VIC 5 Tzimisce
1 Lolita Houston aus VIC 4 Tzimisce
1 Terrence ani aus vic 4 Tzimisce
1 Horatio vic 2 Tzimisce

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
3 Blood Doll
1 Carver`s Meat Packing and Storage
1 KRCG News Radio
1 Library Hunting Ground
2 Millicent Smith, Puritan Vampire Hunter
1 Path of Lilith, The
1 Powerbase: Montreal
3 Rotschreck
1 Tension in the Ranks
1 WMRH Talk Radio

Action (9 cards)
4 Fiendish Tongue
5 Zillah`s Tears

Action Modifier (4 cards)
4 Changeling

Reaction (19 cards)
4 Cats` Guidance
3 Eagle`s Sight
4 Read the Winds
6 Telepathic Misdirection
2 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (16 cards)
3 Breath of the Dragon
7 Chiropteran Marauder
4 Inner Essence
2 Meld with the Land

Ally (4 cards)
1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
1 Repo Man
2 War Ghoul

Retainer (9 cards)
2 Corpse Balloon
2 Owl Companion
4 Raptor
1 Revenant

Equipment (10 cards)
1 Bowl of Convergence
2 Leather Jacket
2 Living Manse
1 Orb of Ulain
2 Unlicensed Taxicab
2 Weirding Stone

Event (2 cards)
1 Dr. Marisa Fletcher, CDC
1 Dragonbound

Combo (2 cards)
2 Plasmic Form

Notes:
I have played this deck a fair bit and it can block extremely well but
lacks a bit in the go forward department. Usually i hold off my
Predator till the end and then loose or take him, but can't seem to get
my prey. Best game I had with this deck I won and had every Vamp except
Violet (who was on the bottom) in play with a War Ghoul and Szechenyi
tooled to the max.

Sometimes it can clog a little on actions (there are 32 after all) but
generally that's not the problem. The problem is that my smaller Vamps
generally get into combat bleeding and then proceed to get trashed
because most of my combat is reactive.
Some suggestions would be appreciated. Only thing I wouldn't mind is
another War Ghoul, but we can't always get what we want. I have also
toyed with the idea of adding in another Szechenyi every now and then
but have decided to stay at 4.

As an aside:
This is actually the first deck where I didn't have to cut cards to
trim it down to 90. It started at 88 and I added the two Events to make
it 90, everything else is pretty much how I want it (although I used to
have 2 Revenants and no Repo Man, but he works so nicely to get me some
Cabs and then turns neatly into a War Ghoul).

Cheers
Craig
Resident Setite of Newcastle, Australia ;) --=
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:54:36 PM

flash_cxxi wrote:
> I have played this deck a fair bit and it can block extremely well but
> lacks a bit in the go forward department.

I don´t know your meta-game but in my opinion it doesn´t block too well.
Of course Szechenyi can tool up for quite some intercept but with one
seduction/elder impersonation .... she will not block and the rest of
your minions will not get more than 1 or 2 intercept ... hardly enough
to stop a stealthy deck.

I would add more transcient intercept. And more Direct Intervention but
that is valid for any deck.

--
johannes walch
August 9, 2005 6:30:11 AM

> I don´t know your meta-game but in my opinion it doesn´t block too well.
> Of course Szechenyi can tool up for quite some intercept but with one
> seduction/elder impersonation .... she will not block and the rest of
> your minions will not get more than 1 or 2 intercept ... hardly enough
> to stop a stealthy deck.
>
> I would add more transcient intercept. And more Direct Intervention but
> that is valid for any deck.

I'm sorry Craig, but I've got to agree with these comments. I've seen
this deck of yours fall down for a number of fairly common reasons.
I'd like to see more transient intercept as well. You're also relying
on getting your retainers out for the intercept, but if these are
blocked (and it's not hard to do) you've got 2 problems - 1, Szechyeni
is now tapped and you don't have a lot of reactions. 2, you don't have
your much needed intercept.

The other problem that I've seen with this deck is it's ousting
problem. When playing intercept, you've got to be able to get your
prey, that's a definite, and you've got to get them before it gets down
to a 1 on 1, otherwise you might just be hoping for a draw at best.

Maybe some smaller vamps with more bleed?

--> J
!