Alan

Is there a diff between usb 1 and usb 2 cables? What kind of a hit might
I be taking by using older usb 1 cables on a usb 2 printer and scanner
connected to usb 2 ports on my 8400

Yes. USB2 cables are better shielded than USB 1.1 cables.

WIth slower peripherals like printers and scanners, you'll likely lose
nothing - with disc drives and writers, however, use USB 2 cables.

Alan wrote:
> Is there a diff between usb 1 and usb 2 cables? What kind of a hit might
> I be taking by using older usb 1 cables on a usb 2 printer and scanner
> connected to usb 2 ports on my 8400

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
> =-----