DECK: Wholly Divers

Hey guys, give me a hand with this deck. I feel like it's almost
there, but not quite "there" enough. My comments follow the decklist.

Deck Name: Wholly Divers
Created By: Chris Berger

Crypt: (13 cards, Min: 17, Max: 32, Avg: 6.23)
4 Hrothulf CEL dom FOR pot PRE pro 8, Ventrue:3
1 Count Germaine obf CEL FOR POT PRE 8, Brujah:4
1 Miguel Santo Domingo cel for POT PRE 7, Brujah
antitribu:3
2 Guillermo Arsuaga aus for CEL PRE 6, Toreador
antitribu:4
1 Maria Stone cel obf pro FOR 5, Gangrel
antitribu:3
1 Janni cel for obf qui 5, Assamite:4
1 Gustavo Morales ani cel for 4, Gangrel:3
2 Fahd al-Zawba`a cel for pre 4, Toreador:4

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (20 cards)
2 Anarch Free Press, The
1 Anarch Railroad
4 Blood Doll
1 Celerity
1 Fortitude
4 Galaric`s Legacy
1 Haven Uncovered
1 Hospital Food
1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
1 Presence
1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
2 Seattle Committee

Action (12 cards)
2 Ambush
1 Fee Stake: Boston
1 Fee Stake: New York
1 Fee Stake: Seattle
7 Undue Influence

Action Modifier (11 cards)
7 Forced March
4 Freak Drive

Political Action (5 cards)
5 Diversity

Reaction (3 cards)
3 Mole, The

Combat (29 cards)
3 Concealed Weapon
15 Diversion
7 Groundfighting
4 Taste of Vitae

Equipment (6 cards)
2 .44 Magnum
2 Bang Nakh - Tiger`s Claws
2 Desert Eagle

Combo (4 cards)
4 Scalpel Tongue

The crypt - it's probably too big, but the whole point is to have vamps
with cel/for, and Fahd and Gustavo are the smallest. The crypt is
currently at 13, because I felt the extra vamp made the deck slightly
less likely to draw 2 or 3 Hrothulf's in the opening draw without
hurting my chances too much of drawing at least one. In decks that
absolutely can't survive without their main vamp, I've taken to
including 5 out of 12, to make sure I get him, but this deck should be
able to survive without Hrothulf, it just won't have much Rush. Miguel
Santo Domingo is kind of iffy, but I didn't have another !Bru in the
deck, so I figured I'd give him a try.

The basic combo is to Undue Influence bleed at +1 stealth with
Hrothulf, use Forced March (for the stealth if necessary), then discard
the Edge to rush with him. I'm not too worried about getting blocked,
because that makes the relative lack of rush cards less important.
Plus there are plenty of 1 stealth actions for the supporting cast to
take in order to cycle Forced Marches.

Every minion in the deck can play Diversion at cel and for, which means
it and Groundfighting are about the only combat I need. The weapons
can be equipped normally or with Concealed. Every minion can also play
Forced March.

The Fee Stakes and Scalpel Tongues are not in there so much to pass my
Diversities (I figure that those will always pass if I really need
pool, unless my predator has vote lock). Fee Stakes will a) give me
some table votes - always useful around here, and b) give my predator
an action to take that doesn't hurt me that much. The Scalpel Tongues
are as useful for vote defense as they are for offense, and are also
good for intimidation ("I don't care if the vote passes, but I better
not vote against it or he might play Scalpel Tongue and I'll be tapped
and take damage")

The alternative to Diversity is to use Anarch Salons, but I feel like
Diversity will be easier to pass since it gives everyone pool, and it
will give me more pool directly rather than blood to my minions.

20 Masters, but 4 of them are Galaric's, and there's a PB:LA in there
(maybe I should add another?).
4 answers Last reply
More about deck wholly divers

    Library: (90 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (20 cards)
    2 Anarch Free Press, The
    1 Anarch Railroad
    4 Blood Doll
    1 Celerity
    1 Fortitude
    4 Galaric`s Legacy
    1 Haven Uncovered
    1 Hospital Food
    1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
    1 Presence
    1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
    2 Seattle Committee

    -- comment --
    1 Fortitude and 1 Celerity SkillMasters is primarly for being able to
    do Forced March at superiour I guess. But I think you should skip them.
    Pretty slim chances you will be able to pull that of. First you should
    have Guillermo Arsuaga (or Maria Stone) and that single master, or a
    weenie and get both masters. Not sure the Presence Master is crucial
    either.
    1 Haven Uncovered take up a whole master slot and you have quite many
    masters. That can be a minion card rush. Powerbase: LA is an extremly
    good card, and I think you should put in another one.

    Action (12 cards)
    2 Ambush
    1 Fee Stake: Boston
    1 Fee Stake: New York
    1 Fee Stake: Seattle
    7 Undue Influence

    -- comment --
    I miss Status Perfectus here!
    One Reformation to steal a hunting ground could be nice as well.
    Also consider add a couple of Go Anarch, they are easy to discard with
    Powerbase: LA if you need.

    Action Modifier (11 cards)
    7 Forced March
    4 Freak Drive

    Political Action (5 cards)
    5 Diversity

    -- comment --
    You will probably have a maximum of 3 vamps in play. Since your
    defences are quite weak, especially vs bleed, but also vs vote since
    you have only 3 cards that gives you permanent votes. That will mean a
    maximum of 3 pool for Diversity, and remember that weenie decks will
    love you for playing this. And weenie decks are strong without your
    help.
    For me I would add some (three?) Firebrand instead. And skip the rest.
    Or maybe just skip all votes....

    Reaction (3 cards)
    3 Mole, The

    -- comment --
    Consider some Friend of Mine. If you have Powerbase: LA in play one of
    your vamps should be untapped and able to play it.

    Combat (29 cards)
    3 Concealed Weapon
    15 Diversion
    7 Groundfighting
    4 Taste of Vitae

    Equipment (6 cards)
    2 .44 Magnum
    2 Bang Nakh - Tiger`s Claws
    2 Desert Eagle

    -- comment --
    Magnum is (boring, but true) just better than the other.
    So this should be 6 Magnum.

    Combo (4 cards)
    4 Scalpel Tongue

    -- comment --
    If you still think you need to vote these could be ok I guess.

    -- End comment --
    How do you oust ? It looks like bleed for 1 a couple of times each turn
    is the way to do it with this deck. I would add permanent bleed, the
    free retainers, maybe laptops and/or Stolen Police Cruisers. And a
    Fame.

    BobbyDoc

    BobbyDoc wrote:

    > -- comment --
    > 1 Fortitude and 1 Celerity SkillMasters is primarly for being able to
    > do Forced March at superiour I guess. But I think you should skip them.
    > Pretty slim chances you will be able to pull that of. First you should
    > have Guillermo Arsuaga (or Maria Stone) and that single master, or a
    > weenie and get both masters. Not sure the Presence Master is crucial
    > either.

    You're probably right, although I'm thinking about weenifying the crypt
    a little more, which would require *more* skill cards rather than less.

    > 1 Haven Uncovered take up a whole master slot and you have quite many
    > masters. That can be a minion card rush. Powerbase: LA is an extremly
    > good card, and I think you should put in another one.

    If you ignore the Trifles, I have only 16 masters, and PB:LA will help
    with discarding a lot of those.

    > -- comment --
    > I miss Status Perfectus here!

    point taken. will find room for one of those, especially if I keep the
    minor intercept angle going.

    > One Reformation to steal a hunting ground could be nice as well.

    also a good point, though Hrothulf is about the only one who could use
    it. Originally Etienne Fauberge was in the deck, since CHI can use
    Undue Influence and Reformation, but he seemed to be too expensive for
    what he did.

    > Also consider add a couple of Go Anarch, they are easy to discard with
    > Powerbase: LA if you need.

    IMHO, Go Anarch is just a red-headed stepchild to Galaric's Legacy.
    One takes a Master action, one takes a Minion action, but blocking
    seems more likely than SR's. And either one is good to discard with
    PB:LA.

    > Political Action (5 cards)
    > 5 Diversity
    >
    > -- comment --
    > You will probably have a maximum of 3 vamps in play. Since your
    > defences are quite weak, especially vs bleed, but also vs vote since
    > you have only 3 cards that gives you permanent votes. That will mean a
    > maximum of 3 pool for Diversity, and remember that weenie decks will
    > love you for playing this. And weenie decks are strong without your
    > help.

    On the one hand, I suspect you're right. On the other hand, I really
    want to play with Diversity. Maybe I can weenify the crypt a little,
    at the cost of having little vamps that can't Forced March (as long as
    they can Undue Influence, I should be okay). Also trying to find space
    to cram in an Event sideline in order to include Recalled to the
    Founder, which is not so forgiving to weenie decks, which often have
    multiple Pander and at least a couple vamps of the same clan.
    Unfortunately, I'd probably need at least 4 other events, and 5 cards
    is a lot of space to clear.

    > Reaction (3 cards)
    > 3 Mole, The
    >
    > -- comment --
    > Consider some Friend of Mine. If you have Powerbase: LA in play one of
    > your vamps should be untapped and able to play it.

    FoM never seemed worth it to me if it's just used for the fortitude
    level. Superior Auspex, which is available on a lot of weenies, can do
    the same thing and it doesn't cost a blood or require an anarch. The
    Mole could certainly be replaced with Rooftop Shadows, but I like the
    idea of Hrothulf being able to use it to cancel a bleed, and the
    minimal chance of Gustavo being able ot use it to untap. If I had any
    nec or obt in the deck, I'd be much happier using Friend of Mine.

    > Magnum is (boring, but true) just better than the other.
    > So this should be 6 Magnum.

    I dunno, Desert Eagle costs 1 less pool, and I'm not convinced I need
    the maneuver. Originally was 3 or 4 Desert Eagles, but I thought I'd
    add the Magnums more as a prayer card for when I'm taking *major*
    close-range damage that can't be maneuvered away from with
    Groundfighting or prevented with Diversion. I might end up taking your
    advice, though.

    > Combo (4 cards)
    > 4 Scalpel Tongue
    >
    > -- comment --
    > If you still think you need to vote these could be ok I guess.

    I like them for the vote defense too, though. Wish I had room for
    more.

    > How do you oust ? It looks like bleed for 1 a couple of times each turn
    > is the way to do it with this deck. I would add permanent bleed, the
    > free retainers, maybe laptops and/or Stolen Police Cruisers. And a
    > Fame.

    Good question. The "idea" (which I'm not sure is valid) is bleed for 1
    *and* torporize a minion each turn with Hrothulf and at least bleed for
    1 with each other minion. Most combat decks can only do one or the
    other (bleed *or* rush). On the other hand, I'm not sure my combat is
    strong enough to classify as a combat deck, and I don't think the bloat
    is enough to get out more than 3 minions. It really *would* be nice to
    get a little more bleed. Especially permanent bleed which is strong
    with Undue Influence and good for combat decks, which this deck
    supposedly is. I will make as much room as I can.

    Hi there, been toying around with a similar idea. It's not perfect, but
    maybe it'll help. Library totals to 77 cards so some room left if you
    want to add, or make changes. Though, I like to keep it as consistent
    as possible, and playing Anarchs since they came out and I am finding
    it best when keeping at a maixmum of 80 cards. That's just me though.

    1 Mazz
    1 Fahd
    1 Gustavo
    1 Sabrina
    2 Janni
    1 Kyoko
    1 Guillermo
    4 Hrothulf

    Master: 15 cards
    4 Blood Doll
    4 Galaric's Legacy
    1 Tribute to the Master
    2 Powerbase: Los Angeles
    2 Fame
    1 Seattle Committee
    1 Anarch Railroad

    Action: 18 cards
    4 Go Anarch
    4 Undue Influence
    4 Enchant Kindred
    3 Harass
    3 Bum's Rush

    Equipment: 7 cards
    3 .44 Magnum
    3 Saturday Night Special
    1 Stolen Police Cruiser

    Reaction: 4 cards
    4 Mole, The

    Action Modifier: 7 cards
    6 Forced March
    1 Aire of Elation

    Combat: 26
    14 Diversion
    4 Flash
    4 Taste of Vitae
    4 Concealed Weapon

    Major differences include my using Flash over Groundfighting. I love
    groundfighting and it is totally invaluable in certain decks. I have a
    weenie Auspex that owns with Groundfighting, Read Intentions with a mix
    of Diversion. Anyways, not as impressive in here because all of your
    vamps have celerity and Flash is just so versatile and you get to
    replace it right away. Only four copies of Mole, but I plan on rushing
    as often as possible and don't have room for much of a reaction angle.
    Though the DOM version on Mole w/ Hrothulf is cool indeed. I rely on
    Powerbase: Los Angeles instead of wakes but like I said, not much
    defense in here. That being said, I run 4 Blood Dolls, 1 Tribute and
    Enchant Kindred to bloat. The crypt has been weenified a bit
    accordingly. Aire of Elation is nice here and Stolen Police Cruiser
    gives you some extra bleed. Origninally was running three copies of
    Janni due to her sepcial ability. Saturday Night becomes a Magnum. They
    used to be Desert Eagles when I had three Janni in crypt. Thoughts?

    Chris Berger wrote:
    > Hey guys, give me a hand with this deck. I feel like it's almost
    > there, but not quite "there" enough. My comments follow the decklist.
    >
    > Deck Name: Wholly Divers

    Heh. Why do I think that every deck that you play (that has for) needs
    Regeneration?

    > Created By: Chris Berger
    >
    > Crypt: (13 cards, Min: 17, Max: 32, Avg: 6.23)
    > 4 Hrothulf CEL dom FOR pot PRE pro 8, Ventrue:3
    > 1 Count Germaine obf CEL FOR POT PRE 8, Brujah:4
    > 1 Miguel Santo Domingo cel for POT PRE 7, Brujah
    > antitribu:3
    > 2 Guillermo Arsuaga aus for CEL PRE 6, Toreador
    > antitribu:4
    > 1 Maria Stone cel obf pro FOR 5, Gangrel
    > antitribu:3
    > 1 Janni cel for obf qui 5, Assamite:4
    > 1 Gustavo Morales ani cel for 4, Gangrel:3
    > 2 Fahd al-Zawba`a cel for pre 4, Toreador:4

    Cristos Mantigo perhaps? 5 cap, aus cel dom obf pre, can search your
    library for equipment and move it to your hand. I think he's the
    perfect Anarch.

    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (20 cards)
    > 2 Anarch Free Press, The
    > 1 Anarch Railroad
    > 4 Blood Doll
    > 1 Celerity
    > 1 Fortitude
    > 4 Galaric`s Legacy
    > 1 Haven Uncovered
    > 1 Hospital Food
    > 1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
    > 1 Presence
    > 1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
    > 2 Seattle Committee

    More Galaric's, I think. Personally, I think that skill cards are
    overrated in anarch decks. I mean, you've got tons of options, why
    bother with using up the slots when another cheap vampire will do the
    same?

    Not sure 2x Seattle Committee is necessary, but I guess it's not all
    bad.

    > Action (12 cards)
    > 2 Ambush
    > 1 Fee Stake: Boston
    > 1 Fee Stake: New York
    > 1 Fee Stake: Seattle
    > 7 Undue Influence

    Looks okay.

    > Action Modifier (11 cards)
    > 7 Forced March
    > 4 Freak Drive
    >
    > Political Action (5 cards)
    > 5 Diversity

    Heh.

    > Reaction (3 cards)
    > 3 Mole, The

    I like Friend of Mine, but I can see your point on Telepathic Counter.

    > Combat (29 cards)
    > 3 Concealed Weapon
    > 15 Diversion
    > 7 Groundfighting
    > 4 Taste of Vitae

    3 Concealed Weapon doesn't seem like a lot. The rest seems okay. I
    might go up to 6 Taste of Vitae if possible.

    > Equipment (6 cards)
    > 2 .44 Magnum
    > 2 Bang Nakh - Tiger`s Claws
    > 2 Desert Eagle

    Meh. I might go with all of one type or something, but the selection
    isn't terrible.

    > Combo (4 cards)
    > 4 Scalpel Tongue

    Heh. I want to make Scalpel Tongue work, but I haven't figured out how
    yet.

    Sorry, a little distracted. Interesting deck, I'll be curious to hear
    how it works out.

    Xian

Video Games