[Deck] Assamite Mid-Cap Multirush

Okay, this is really just a sketch of something I though could
possibly work. At 60 cards it is barely playable; I just wanted
to jot down what I felt could work for a non-standard Assamite
Multi-Rush deck that focuses on Zahir and Kalinda rather than
Fatima (she needs a break, I think).

If all goes well, and the setup goes without problems (might need
to increase Rutors and/or Humanitas/Catacombs), Zahir and Kalinda
can perform about 4-6 actions a turn, possibly doing 6+ pool
damage to the prey. Not *that* great, but seems good enough to be
worth a try.

Comments are quite welcome! (Especially since I actually try to
make this idea work...)

Deck Name: Assamite Mid-Cap Multirush
Created By: Daneel

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 32, Avg: 6.08)
4 Zahir qui tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
3 Kalinda tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
1 Fatima al-Faqadi aus for CEL OBF QUI 8 Assamite
1 Al-Ashrad aus obf CEL QUI THA 9 Assamite
1 Qadir ul-Ghani nec tha CEL OBF QUI 9 Assamite
1 Hanna Redmonds obf tha 2 Caitiff
1 Zoe cel obf AUS 3 Malkavian

Library: (60 cards)
-------------------
Master (10 cards)
1 Humanitas
3 Fame
4 Blood Doll
2 Direct Intervention

Action (14 cards)
3 Rutor`s Hand
4 Flurry of Action
4 Clandestine Contract
3 Harass

Action Modifier (3 cards)
3 Faceless Night

Combat (21 cards)
3 Flash
6 Disguised Weapon
3 Pursuit
3 Shadow Feint
3 Psyche!
3 Taste of Vitae

Equipment (8 cards)
1 Catacombs
6 .44 Magnum
1 IR Goggles

Event (1 cards)
1 Dragonbound

Combo (3 cards)
3 Swallowed by the Night

--
Bye,

Daneel

..44 Mags? -so last season! ;P
Zip Guns -mmmnnn..

I like the 3,3,3,3,3&6 ratio in your combat :)

If you use Shadow Feint, I think you should consider some aggrav.
damage, you'd get better benefit from it.

-Dunno about the Flurries, K:Glory would suite this deck better -'coz
you can't make the bleed higher. You have enough actions too (with
Rutor's Hand)

-Why make the deck only 60 cards? this has potential to be bigger deck
(unless you wanna test the waters with this)

-Jarkko (Zie officiaal NuusLeder Wraither fur Zie Klaan Azhamite)

On 7 Aug 2005 23:21:15 -0700, <jarkko_suvela@hotmail.com> wrote:

> .44 Mags? -so last season! ;P
> Zip Guns -mmmnnn..

Well, Zips don't do too much damage even with Celerity. Especially
since you can't be using Ammo with them. I was considering options
like:

..44s
..44s with Ammo
Deer Rifles with Ammo
Submachine Guns
Subs and some casual Ammo (oh my, hit for 5!)

....I've had a successful deck with Deer Rifles and Ammo, so I didn't
really want to go there again. Also, in the trimmed-down version Ammo
just didn't make it. So I went for .44s, them being more efficient.

> I like the 3,3,3,3,3&6 ratio in your combat :)
>
> If you use Shadow Feint, I think you should consider some aggrav.
> damage, you'd get better benefit from it.

Yes, well, originally I thought about using some mighty ammo cards to
make SF worth it. In the current form, it's more like a 'spend 1 blood
so opponent won't dodge, and taste it back' kind of card. So yeah, it
could be better. ;)

> -Dunno about the Flurries, K:Glory would suite this deck better -'coz
> you can't make the bleed higher. You have enough actions too (with
> Rutor's Hand)

Drat. Right on the head, you hit the nail. Khabar: Glory makes a great
addition (and it pushes my possible action total with my two main
minions to 7...) ;)

> -Why make the deck only 60 cards? this has potential to be bigger deck
> (unless you wanna test the waters with this)

This is more like a test sketch. The full deck would probably be 80-90
cards. I'm just not yet quite sure what to build on and what to keep
marginal. I was looking for input to flesh it out (like, about the
Khabar: Glory I kind of never thought about).

> -Jarkko (Zie officiaal NuusLeder Wraither fur Zie Klaan Azhamite)

Bye,

Daneel (Suffering Acute Assamitis)

Heh, those Zippers were kinda joke, but seriously...

Zipper
Pursuit (or other Additional Strike/Strikes)
Theft of Vitae
-these work great together

Sure this might not be the bun for this deck, this being kinda
defensive module.

Test the deck out and let us know how it turns out -mmmkay?

> Yes, well, originally I thought about using some mighty ammo cards to
> make [Shadow Feint] worth it. In the current form, it's more like
> a 'spend 1 blood so opponent won't dodge, and taste it back' kind
> of card. So yeah, it could be better. ;)

Perhaps consider Projectile.

Ira

Daneel wrote:
> Okay, this is really just a sketch of something I though could
> possibly work. At 60 cards it is barely playable; I just wanted
> to jot down what I felt could work for a non-standard Assamite
> Multi-Rush deck that focuses on Zahir and Kalinda rather than
> Fatima (she needs a break, I think).
>
> If all goes well, and the setup goes without problems (might need
> to increase Rutors and/or Humanitas/Catacombs), Zahir and Kalinda
> can perform about 4-6 actions a turn, possibly doing 6+ pool
> damage to the prey. Not *that* great, but seems good enough to be
> worth a try.
>
> Comments are quite welcome! (Especially since I actually try to
> make this idea work...)
>
> Deck Name: Assamite Mid-Cap Multirush
> Created By: Daneel
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 32, Avg: 6.08)
> 4 Zahir qui tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
> 3 Kalinda tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
> 1 Fatima al-Faqadi aus for CEL OBF QUI 8 Assamite
> 1 Al-Ashrad aus obf CEL QUI THA 9 Assamite
> 1 Qadir ul-Ghani nec tha CEL OBF QUI 9 Assamite
> 1 Hanna Redmonds obf tha 2 Caitiff
> 1 Zoe cel obf AUS 3 Malkavian
>
> Library: (60 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (10 cards)
> 1 Humanitas
> 3 Fame
> 4 Blood Doll
> 2 Direct Intervention
>
> Action (14 cards)
> 3 Rutor`s Hand
> 4 Flurry of Action
> 4 Clandestine Contract
> 3 Harass
>
> Action Modifier (3 cards)
> 3 Faceless Night
>
> Combat (21 cards)
> 3 Flash
> 6 Disguised Weapon
> 3 Pursuit
> 3 Shadow Feint
> 3 Psyche!
> 3 Taste of Vitae
>
> Equipment (8 cards)
> 1 Catacombs
> 6 .44 Magnum
> 1 IR Goggles

Ditch the .44's and replace with Desert Eagles.

> Event (1 cards)
> 1 Dragonbound
>
> Combo (3 cards)
> 3 Swallowed by the Night

It is a pretty streamlined deck. Have you thought about adding an
Anarch Module? How about anything to increase your bleeds. Laptops
Perhaps or maybe even a stolen police cruiser?

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Q: Aside to Thinblood: Dude, what is it with you and zip guns? :)
A: They kick ass,
-save combat cards
-give you maneuver
-even when there's a minor hitback, opposing minion suffers from it
too

...there's always that Goliath thing too ;) *ping* -Enkidu falls down-

This is the next version of the deck I posted some weeks ago. Comments are
still welcome!

Deck Name: Assamite Mid-Cap Multirush v0.1
Created By: Daneel

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 18, Max: 33, Avg: 6.25)
1 Hanna Redmonds obf tha 2 Caitiff
1 Tansu Bekir cel OBF 4 Assamite
4 Zahir qui tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
3 Kalinda tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
2 Qadir ul-Ghani nec tha CEL OBF QUI 9 Assamite
1 Al-Ashrad aus obf CEL QUI THA 9 Assamite

Library: (80 cards)
-------------------
Master (13 cards)
2 Humanitas
3 Fame
5 Blood Doll
2 Direct Intervention
1 Haqim`s Law: Judgment

Action (20 cards)
4 Rutor`s Hand
4 Flurry of Action
5 Clandestine Contract
4 Harass
3 Khabar: Glory

Action Modifier (3 cards)
3 Faceless Night

Combat (28 cards)
5 Flash
7 Disguised Weapon
4 Pursuit
5 Psyche!
3 Taste of Vitae
4 Projectile

Equipment (11 cards)
2 Catacombs
7 .44 Magnum
1 IR Goggles
1 Ivory Bow

Event (1 cards)
1 Dragonbound

Combo (4 cards)
4 Swallowed by the Night

This deck was last saved at 09:49:35 on 03/09/2005

-----

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:02:47 +0200, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> wrote:

> Okay, this is really just a sketch of something I though could
> possibly work. At 60 cards it is barely playable; I just wanted
> to jot down what I felt could work for a non-standard Assamite
> Multi-Rush deck that focuses on Zahir and Kalinda rather than
> Fatima (she needs a break, I think).
>
> If all goes well, and the setup goes without problems (might need
> to increase Rutors and/or Humanitas/Catacombs), Zahir and Kalinda
> can perform about 4-6 actions a turn, possibly doing 6+ pool
> damage to the prey. Not *that* great, but seems good enough to be
> worth a try.
>
> Comments are quite welcome! (Especially since I actually try to
> make this idea work...)
>
> Deck Name: Assamite Mid-Cap Multirush
> Created By: Daneel
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 32, Avg: 6.08)
> 4 Zahir qui tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
> 3 Kalinda tha CEL OBF 6 Assamite
> 1 Fatima al-Faqadi aus for CEL OBF QUI 8 Assamite
> 1 Al-Ashrad aus obf CEL QUI THA 9 Assamite
> 1 Qadir ul-Ghani nec tha CEL OBF QUI 9 Assamite
> 1 Hanna Redmonds obf tha 2 Caitiff
> 1 Zoe cel obf AUS 3 Malkavian
>
> Library: (60 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (10 cards)
> 1 Humanitas
> 3 Fame
> 4 Blood Doll
> 2 Direct Intervention
>
> Action (14 cards)
> 3 Rutor`s Hand
> 4 Flurry of Action
> 4 Clandestine Contract
> 3 Harass
>
> Action Modifier (3 cards)
> 3 Faceless Night
>
> Combat (21 cards)
> 3 Flash
> 6 Disguised Weapon
> 3 Pursuit
> 3 Shadow Feint
> 3 Psyche!
> 3 Taste of Vitae
>
> Equipment (8 cards)
> 1 Catacombs
> 6 .44 Magnum
> 1 IR Goggles
>
> Event (1 cards)
> 1 Dragonbound
>
> Combo (3 cards)
> 3 Swallowed by the Night

-----

Noted:

Theory:
* Some aggravated damage would go well with Shadow Feint.
* Bleed is low; Khabar: Glory would be better than Flurry of Action.
* Currently Projectile would probably be better than Shadow Feint.
* .44s could be replaced with Desert Eagles.
* ? Anarch Module ?
* Bleed enhancers (Laptops, SPC if Anarch)
* Maybe include one big Assamite and Haquim`s Laws?
* THA allows for good blood depletion via Theft of Vitae, for example.
* Deck is too small. Few rushes, would have problems ousting more than one
prey.

Practice:
* Zöe is useless. Tansu Bekir is probably well worth it, costing +1 pool,
having an additional useful discipline level, being Assamite and having no
drawback (aside of, of course, being an Assamite ;P ).
* Fatima is good, but she is far better for other decks. Her special
helps, her capacity is very convenient to include as backup, but her lack
of Thaumaturgy makes buying her dubious. Another Quadir would probably
benefit the deck more, even though his capacity is much more inconvenient.
This also ofsets the increase in capacity parity bought about by changing
a 3 into a 4 in a deck with 7 6-caps.
* Going from 60 to 80-90 cards seems like a jolly good idea, as out of the
3 test games I decked myself once and scarcity of draw cards contributed
to a mis-strategisation in another.
* Magnums and Shadow Feints don't work together. The deck should use
Projectile instead of Shadow Feint unless it either starts using Ammo, or
switches to a different weapon. Undodgeable strikes are a necessity,
though.
* There should be at least 1 more of Humanitas and Catacombs. Master cards
are roughly OK at 10/60, though in the deck increases in size, the
relative size of the Master block should probably decrease a bit due to
the expected increased card flow. Top candidates to add here are
Humanitas, Haquim's Law (extra synergy with Rutor's), Fame, Blood Doll.
* In terms of Actions, the deck could undoubtedly use some copies of
Khabar: Glory. Flurries are quite OK, but the Rutor's Hands and the rushes
should definitely at least retain their relative allocation.
* The 6 pairs of Magnums and Disguiseds work quite fine. In fact, in a
bigger deck, they could probably be represented at a bit lower ratio.
* The deck could definitely use more Flash-es and Psyche!-s. Having a
Pursuit or two helps as well. It might be a good idea to go for a dodge or
two, most likely either in the form of Side Strike or Sideslip. Maybe
Preternatural Evasion?
* Dragonbound works fine, as in every combaty deck.
* Faceless is cool, but could probably be a bit less, while Swalloweds
make good multi-purpose cards.
* A permanent rush would possibly be a good idea in the long term. Of
course, being independent offers less perma-rush tech, so it might be more
trouble than worth in the end.

--
Bye,

Daneel