Actions Allowed by Equipment, Destroying, and Continuing

I was just thinking about this funky hypothetical situation last night.
I didn't know the answer, and a brief search didn't yield anything
terribly helpful.

Suppose a vampire is using a piece of equipment to do an action. Could
be rush from a Talbot's Chainsaw or perhaps a Bleed at +1 bleed from
Seal of Veddartha.

This vampire is blocked. During the course of combat, the equipment
allowing the action is destroyed, but there are several presses or
prevents, and the acting Meth cycles into a Form of Mist (or other
continue action combat card) and exits combat successfully.

What happens to the action? I'm guessing it just "fizzles" at that
point. But if this is the case, at what point does it fizzle, as soon
as the equipment is destroyed, or as soon as the current combat has
ended?

Thanks.

Jeff

jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
> I was just thinking about this funky hypothetical situation last night.
> I didn't know the answer, and a brief search didn't yield anything
> terribly helpful.
>
> Suppose a vampire is using a piece of equipment to do an action. Could
> be rush from a Talbot's Chainsaw or perhaps a Bleed at +1 bleed from
> Seal of Veddartha.
>
> This vampire is blocked. During the course of combat, the equipment
> allowing the action is destroyed, but there are several presses or
> prevents, and the acting Meth cycles into a Form of Mist (or other
> continue action combat card) and exits combat successfully.
>
> What happens to the action? I'm guessing it just "fizzles" at that
> point. But if this is the case, at what point does it fizzle, as soon
> as the equipment is destroyed, or as soon as the current combat has
> ended?

At action resolution (assuming it isn't blocked again).

The classic example was Bomb. [RTR 19960221]