Mystara GAZ Classes

Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

    Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
    when he or she said:

    > Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
    > classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!

    Give me a day or two. Gives me an excuse to compile one, which I've been
    meaning to do anyway.

    Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
    >Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
    >when he or she said:
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
    >> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
    >
    >Give me a day or two. Gives me an excuse to compile one, which I've been
    >meaning to do anyway.

    Cheers, Jeff - I'll look forward!

    --

    when he or she said:
    > Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
    > >Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
    > >when he or she said:
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
    > >> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
    > >
    > >Give me a day or two. Gives me an excuse to compile one, which I've been
    > >meaning to do anyway.
    >
    > Cheers, Jeff - I'll look forward!

    One of my hard drives - though not the one with the relevant stuff on it
    - has decided to perform a self-lobotomy. My first priority is fixing
    that, but once that's dealt with, I'll dig out my GAZes (I think I have
    all of them, some in dead-tree and some in PDF) and PCs (may be missing
    one of those!) and have a go.

    when he or she said:

    > Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
    > classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!

    Here they are as best I can determine. I just personally compiled these
    over the last hour or so.

    GAZ 1, 4 & 7 - none (though 7 does have some runic magic stuff for
    Clerics)

    GAZ2 - Emirates of Ylaruam
    * Dervish (Druid variant)

    GAZ3 Principalities of Glantri
    * None, but the Prestige Class-like Secret Crafts deserve a mention

    GAZ5 Elves of Alfheim
    * Elf Wizard - alternate progression for high-level Elves, mostly

    GAZ6 Dwarves of Rockhome
    * Dwarf-Cleric

    GAZ8 The Five Shires
    * Master (Druid variant for maxed-out Halflings)

    GAZ9 Minrothad Guilds
    * Merchant-Prince

    GAZ10 Orcs of Thar
    * Kobald
    * Goblin
    * Orc
    * Hobgoblin
    * Gnoll
    * Bugbear
    * Ogre
    * Troll

    GAZ11 Republic of Darokin
    * Merchant

    GAZ12 Golden Khan of Ethengar
    * Shaman

    GAZ13 The Shadow Elves
    * Shadow Elf
    * Shadow Elf Shaman

    GAZ14 The Atruaghin Clans
    * Shamani

    PC1 Tall Tales of the Wee Folk
    * Brownie (Redcap)
    * Centaur
    * Dryad
    * Faun
    * Hsiao
    * Leprechaun
    * Pixie
    * Pooka
    * Sidhe
    * Sprite
    * Treant
    * Wood Imp
    * Woodrake
    * Woodland Spellcaster (a sort of split-class available to some of the
    above)

    PC2 Top Ballista
    * Faenare
    * Gnome
    * Gremlin
    * Harpy
    * Nagpa
    * Pegataur
    * Sphinx
    * Tabi

    PC3 The Sea People
    * Aquatic Elf
    * Kna
    * Kopru
    * Merrow
    * Nixie
    * Sea Giant
    * Shark-Kin
    * Triton

    PC4 Night Howlers
    * Werebat
    * Werebear
    * Wereboar
    * Werefox
    * Wererat
    * Wereseal
    * Wereshark
    * Weretiger
    * Werewolf
    * Devil Swine

    HWR1 Sons of Azca
    * None, but clerics are significantly different

    HWR2 Kingdom of Nithia
    * Various Kit-like variants for the four main classes

    HWR3 Millenian Empire
    * More Kit-like variants, mostly for clerics, here called
    Specializations

    I apologize most sincerely if I've missed anything significant.

    In message <MPG.1d963c8015e633d798a235@news.easynews.com>, Jeff
    Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
    >Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
    >when he or she said:
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
    >> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
    >
    >Here they are as best I can determine. I just personally compiled these
    >over the last hour or so.
    >
    >GAZ 1, 4 & 7
    ......Etc.....

    That's great - thanks a bundle!

    >I apologize most sincerely if I've missed anything significant.

    The only MIA ones I picked up on are the Forester (wannabe elf human -
    virtually a human ranger with elven overtones), and Rake
    ("non-thief-thief") from DotE. Other than that, just what I needed -
    thanks again :)

    --

    when he or she said:
    > In message <MPG.1d963c8015e633d798a235@news.easynews.com>, Jeff
    > Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
    > >Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
    > >when he or she said:
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
    > >> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
    > >
    > >Here they are as best I can determine. I just personally compiled these
    > >over the last hour or so.
    > >
    > >GAZ 1, 4 & 7
    > .....Etc.....
    >
    > That's great - thanks a bundle!
    >
    > >I apologize most sincerely if I've missed anything significant.
    >
    > The only MIA ones I picked up on are the Forester (wannabe elf human -
    > virtually a human ranger with elven overtones), and Rake
    > ("non-thief-thief") from DotE. Other than that, just what I needed -
    > thanks again :)

    Oh, right. I'd planned to include DotE but for some reason ended up
    skipping it.

    Chances are suprisingly good that Jeff Heikkinen was not wearing pants
    when he or she said:
    > GAZ10 Orcs of Thar
    > * Kobald
    > * Goblin
    > * Orc
    > * Hobgoblin
    > * Gnoll
    > * Bugbear
    > * Ogre
    > * Troll

    I should mention that this product also includes a split-class type of
    option for spellcasters (Wicca/Wokani or yet another type of Shaman),
    similar to and probably the inspiration for PC1.

King Games Video Games