Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
when he or she said:

> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!

Give me a day or two. Gives me an excuse to compile one, which I've been
meaning to do anyway.

Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
>Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
>when he or she said:
>>
>> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
>> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
>
>Give me a day or two. Gives me an excuse to compile one, which I've been
>meaning to do anyway.

Cheers, Jeff - I'll look forward!

--

when he or she said:
> Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
> >Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
> >when he or she said:
> >>
> >> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
> >> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
> >
> >Give me a day or two. Gives me an excuse to compile one, which I've been
> >meaning to do anyway.
>
> Cheers, Jeff - I'll look forward!

One of my hard drives - though not the one with the relevant stuff on it
- has decided to perform a self-lobotomy. My first priority is fixing
that, but once that's dealt with, I'll dig out my GAZes (I think I have
all of them, some in dead-tree and some in PDF) and PCs (may be missing
one of those!) and have a go.

when he or she said:

> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!

Here they are as best I can determine. I just personally compiled these
over the last hour or so.

GAZ 1, 4 & 7 - none (though 7 does have some runic magic stuff for
Clerics)

GAZ2 - Emirates of Ylaruam
* Dervish (Druid variant)

GAZ3 Principalities of Glantri
* None, but the Prestige Class-like Secret Crafts deserve a mention

GAZ5 Elves of Alfheim
* Elf Wizard - alternate progression for high-level Elves, mostly

GAZ6 Dwarves of Rockhome
* Dwarf-Cleric

GAZ8 The Five Shires
* Master (Druid variant for maxed-out Halflings)

GAZ9 Minrothad Guilds
* Merchant-Prince

GAZ10 Orcs of Thar
* Kobald
* Goblin
* Orc
* Hobgoblin
* Gnoll
* Bugbear
* Ogre
* Troll

GAZ11 Republic of Darokin
* Merchant

GAZ12 Golden Khan of Ethengar
* Shaman

GAZ13 The Shadow Elves
* Shadow Elf
* Shadow Elf Shaman

GAZ14 The Atruaghin Clans
* Shamani

PC1 Tall Tales of the Wee Folk
* Brownie (Redcap)
* Centaur
* Dryad
* Faun
* Hsiao
* Leprechaun
* Pixie
* Pooka
* Sidhe
* Sprite
* Treant
* Wood Imp
* Woodrake
* Woodland Spellcaster (a sort of split-class available to some of the
above)

PC2 Top Ballista
* Faenare
* Gnome
* Gremlin
* Harpy
* Nagpa
* Pegataur
* Sphinx
* Tabi

PC3 The Sea People
* Aquatic Elf
* Kna
* Kopru
* Merrow
* Nixie
* Sea Giant
* Shark-Kin
* Triton

PC4 Night Howlers
* Werebat
* Werebear
* Wereboar
* Werefox
* Wererat
* Wereseal
* Wereshark
* Weretiger
* Werewolf
* Devil Swine

HWR1 Sons of Azca
* None, but clerics are significantly different

HWR2 Kingdom of Nithia
* Various Kit-like variants for the four main classes

HWR3 Millenian Empire
* More Kit-like variants, mostly for clerics, here called
Specializations

I apologize most sincerely if I've missed anything significant.

In message <MPG.1d963c8015e633d798a235@news.easynews.com>, Jeff
Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
>Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
>when he or she said:
>>
>> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
>> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
>
>Here they are as best I can determine. I just personally compiled these
>over the last hour or so.
>
>GAZ 1, 4 & 7
......Etc.....

That's great - thanks a bundle!

>I apologize most sincerely if I've missed anything significant.

The only MIA ones I picked up on are the Forester (wannabe elf human -
virtually a human ranger with elven overtones), and Rake
("non-thief-thief") from DotE. Other than that, just what I needed -
thanks again :)

--

when he or she said:
> In message <MPG.1d963c8015e633d798a235@news.easynews.com>, Jeff
> Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> writes
> >Chances are suprisingly good that Ian R Malcomson was not wearing pants
> >when he or she said:
> >>
> >> Does anyone know of a convenient list or index of the variant BD&D
> >> classes published in the GAZ and PC series? TIA!
> >
> >Here they are as best I can determine. I just personally compiled these
> >over the last hour or so.
> >
> >GAZ 1, 4 & 7
> .....Etc.....
>
> That's great - thanks a bundle!
>
> >I apologize most sincerely if I've missed anything significant.
>
> The only MIA ones I picked up on are the Forester (wannabe elf human -
> virtually a human ranger with elven overtones), and Rake
> ("non-thief-thief") from DotE. Other than that, just what I needed -
> thanks again :)

Oh, right. I'd planned to include DotE but for some reason ended up
skipping it.

Chances are suprisingly good that Jeff Heikkinen was not wearing pants
when he or she said:
> GAZ10 Orcs of Thar
> * Kobald
> * Goblin
> * Orc
> * Hobgoblin
> * Gnoll
> * Bugbear
> * Ogre
> * Troll

I should mention that this product also includes a split-class type of
option for spellcasters (Wicca/Wokani or yet another type of Shaman),
similar to and probably the inspiration for PC1.