DECK - dominate snakes

Hi All,

I have a tournament this weekend and am looking for some feedback.

Deck Name : Deck for AP league round 3
Author : Shane
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 10 average: 8.42

3x Khay'tall, Snake o 9 DOM OBF PRE SER aus Follower
:2
3x Nefertiti 10 DOM OBF PRE SER cel pot Follower
:2
2x Kahina the Sorcere 9 AUS DOM OBF SER nec pre 1 vote Follower
:3
2x Count Ormonde 5 OBF dom pre ser Follower
:2
1x Kephamos, High Pri 8 SER dom obf pre 2 votes Follower
:2
1x Tarbaby Jack 8 ANI OBF POT dom ser
!Nosferatu:3

Library [72 cards]

Action [10]
4x Enticement
2x Night Moves
4x Scouting Mission

Action Modifier [25]
3x Bewitching Oration
3x Cloak the Gathering
2x Command of the Beast
4x Elder Impersonation
3x Lost in Crowds
4x Seduction
3x Spying Mission
3x Threats

Action Modifier/Combat [4]
4x Swallowed by the Night

Combat [5]
5x Majesty

Master [11]
3x Blood Doll
1x Ferraille
2x Golconda: Inner Peace
3x Minion Tap
1x Opium Den
1x Temple Hunting Ground

Political Action [6]
3x Kine Resources Contested
1x Parity Shift
2x Regaining the Upper Hand

Reaction [11]
5x Deflection
2x Delaying Tactics
4x Wake with Evening's Freshness

I'd ditch the voting aspect, as you won't get them to pass without
cutting some deals. You could try adding some Bribes if you want to
keep them, but with only 3 permanent votes, and 3 Bewitching Orations,
you will be taking a +1 stealth action to gain a pool more often than
getting any value. Also, Parity Shift has to be called by a Prince or
Justicar, which you don't have. With Enticement, I understand the
Regaining the Upper Hand, but you will not get it passed (unless you
know that the metagame you are going to will not have any votes).

The rest is a fairly standard Stealth Bleed deck, so I'd concentrate a
bit more on that, change the Scouting Missions to Govern the Unaligned
(or add them in if ditching PAs), and you need more combat defence. One
very useful thing here (thanks to Matt Green for the suggestion a few
years ago) is Deer Rifle, which is great at helping to avoid Immortal
Grapples, and Swallowed by Night which can be used for additional
stealth, or a maneuver (you have a lot at OBF).

I'd also go for some more Pool Gain, so either 2 more Blood Dolls or 2
Minion Taps, (if Minion Taps, then add a Giants Blood) and some Legal
Manipulations. I'd also stick in an Entrancement, its a bleed action
usually, but wth the added bit so you can nick an Ally if you come up
against any. Nothing upsets your prey/predator as much as seeing their
War Ghoul/Shambing Hordes/Renegade Garou now working for you,
especially when they are expecting a fairly standard stealth bleed.

Cheers

Andy
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge

Good call Sam, I just haven't actually bothered with this.

I'd also consider Skin of the Adder (prevent 1 each round, +1 damage
from Hand strikes).

Not having travelled much lately, I haven't seen a reduction in POT
decks, but I suppose I never saw one at the Burton ECQ, so probably
quite likely. The only one I knew of was Buzz from Cambridge/Royston
(!Brujah Bruise/bleed) and he travelled up with me. I suppose it's how
people have seen local metagames change. Ours never was heavy POT, so
the level is the same as usual.

fyshboy@hotmail.com wrote:

> 3x Khay'tall, Snake o 9 DOM OBF PRE SER aus
> 3x Nefertiti 10 DOM OBF PRE SER cel pot
> 2x Kahina the Sorcere 9 AUS DOM OBF SER nec pre

Khay'tall and Nefertiti are a brilliant team. If you want to diversify
your crypt a little, try replacing one Kahina with basic Kementiri. If
you're sure combat will be very light at the tournament, you could
replace a Nefertiti with advanced Kementiri.

> Action [10]
> 4x Enticement
> 2x Night Moves
> 4x Scouting Mission

If you're ever dying for the edge so you can Entice or toss it in a
vote, remember you can Night Moves backwards.

> 3x Bewitching Oration
> 3x Cloak the Gathering
> 2x Command of the Beast
> 4x Elder Impersonation
> 3x Lost in Crowds
> 4x Seduction
> 3x Spying Mission
> 3x Threats

With your big vamps, you'll want to take multiple actions per turn.
Consider adding Mylan Horseed, Temptation and Truth of a Thousand Lies.

> Action Modifier/Combat [4]
> 4x Swallowed by the Night
>
> Combat [5]
> 5x Majesty
>
> Master [11]
> 3x Blood Doll
> 1x Ferraille
> 2x Golconda: Inner Peace
> 3x Minion Tap
> 1x Opium Den
> 1x Temple Hunting Ground

Consider adding Dreams of the Sphinx. Crocodile Temple is a great free
card for the FoS.

> 3x Kine Resources Contested
> 1x Parity Shift
> 2x Regaining the Upper Hand

No one in your crypt can call Parity Shift, passing the KRC could be
difficult, and with just four Enticement you'll never get the chance to
use RtUH to entice twice in a turn. Replace all six of these votes with
Free State Rant, which is easier to pass and can be excellent offense
and defence.

> 5x Deflection
> 2x Delaying Tactics
> 4x Wake with Evening's Freshness

More Wakes. You can always cycle them between turns. If you expect lots
of combat, Obedience will help.

> The rest is a fairly standard Stealth Bleed deck, so I'd concentrate a
> bit more on that, change the Scouting Missions to Govern the Unaligned
> (or add them in if ditching PAs), and you need more combat defence. One
> very useful thing here (thanks to Matt Green for the suggestion a few
> years ago) is Deer Rifle, which is great at helping to avoid Immortal
> Grapples, and Swallowed by Night which can be used for additional
> stealth, or a maneuver (you have a lot at OBF).

Less useful than it used to be as there are a few more long range aggravated
strikes, and less POT decks around - which have got Earthshock anyway.
Better is
Gemini's Mirror
Type: Combat
Requires: Obfuscate
Cost: 1 blood
[obf] Strike: dodge with an optional maneuver.
[OBF]Only usable before range is determined. When resolving each strike
against this vampire, flip a coin. If it's tails, the strike has no effect
on this vampire. This lasts until heads is flipped or combat ends. A vampire
can play only one Gemini's Mirror at superior each combat.

At basic it can be very useful, and combined with Swallowed by Night you
should get to long range and dodge.
Sam
Prince of Bath

Emmit Svenson wrote:
> fyshboy@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Master [11]
> > 3x Blood Doll
> > 1x Ferraille
> > 2x Golconda: Inner Peace
> > 3x Minion Tap
> > 1x Opium Den
> > 1x Temple Hunting Ground
>
> Consider adding Dreams of the Sphinx. Crocodile Temple is a great free
> card for the FoS.

One more thing: dump the Hunting Ground and replace with 3-4 Life in
the City.