So I'm pretty sure Samuel Haight can equip Rutors Hand...

but can he use it? The wording makes me not sure...

Rutor's Hand

+1 stealth action. [tha] Put this card on the acting vampire. The
vampire takes 1 aggravated damage (damage not preventable). Beginning
with your next turn, THE VAMPIRE gets one additional untap during each
of your minion phases for the remainder of the game. A vampire can have
only 1 Rutor`s Hand. [THA] As above, but this acting vampire may
prevent the aggravated damage by burning 3 additional blood.

Samuel Haight

Unique werewolf with 4 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed. Once each action,
Samuel may burn a life to get +1 bleed. He may steal equipment as a
strike. He may play cards requiring basic Celerity [cel] or basic
Thaumaturgy [tha] AS A VAMPIRE. Any vampire may call a referendum to
make Samuel become Red List as a +1 stealth political action. If Samuel
has less than 4 life during your untap phase, he gains 1 life from the
blood bank.

If memory serves me well ally who recieves aggravated damage is burned.

Sathriel

I don't think so... you just take a damage. There is always that Burst
of Sunlight/Talaq the immortal trick...

<adam.hulse@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So I'm pretty sure Samuel Haight can equip Rutors Hand...
>
> but can he use it? The wording makes me not sure...
>

> Rutor's Hand
>
> +1 stealth action. [tha] Put this card on the acting vampire. The
> vampire takes 1 aggravated damage (damage not preventable). Beginning
> with your next turn, THE VAMPIRE gets one additional untap during each
> of your minion phases for the remainder of the game. A vampire can have
> only 1 Rutor`s Hand. [THA] As above, but this acting vampire may
> prevent the aggravated damage by burning 3 additional blood.
>
> Samuel Haight
>
> Unique werewolf with 4 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed. Once each action,
> Samuel may burn a life to get +1 bleed. He may steal equipment as a
> strike. He may play cards requiring basic Celerity [cel] or basic
> Thaumaturgy [tha] AS A VAMPIRE. Any vampire may call a referendum to
> make Samuel become Red List as a +1 stealth political action. If Samuel
> has less than 4 life during your untap phase, he gains 1 life from the
> blood bank.

Samuel Haight can take the Rutors Hand action (an instance of playing a card
which requieres Thaum), but he fails to gain any further benefit from that
action. Per your ALL CAPS text, he needs to be a vampire to gain any
benefit, and his card text Thaum only applies during the initial playing of
the card.

DaveZ
Atom Weaver

<adam.hulse@gmail.com> wrote
>I don't think so... you just take a damage. There is always that Burst
> of Sunlight/Talaq the immortal trick...

....which is no longer as impressive a trick as it once was.

Current Burst of Sunlight card text:

Basic: Strike: 1R, aggravated. This striking vampire also takes 1 aggravated
damage.

Superior: Strike: 2R, aggravated. This striking vampire also takes 2
aggravated damage.

Thus making "as a vampire" plays of Burst damage the ally that plays it
(although as you say, the ally burns life for this damage without regard for
it being aggravated).

DaveZ
Atom Weaver

In message <1124390514.398941.164660@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
sathriel@o2.pl writes:
>If memory serves me well ally who recieves aggravated damage is burned.

It doesn't.

An ally who is sent to torpor is burned. This has to be done with a
specific side-effect/whatever of a card, rather than aggravated damage
though. (There used to be a loophole which could get the Shadow Court
Satyr into torpor, but since allies never had the option to leave
torpor, he'd be stuck.)

Agg damage is just treated as normal damage by allies, though.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

In message <1124389628.288175.50070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
adam.hulse@gmail.com writes:
>So I'm pretty sure Samuel Haight can equip

play, not equip

>Rutors Hand...
>
>but can he use it?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a4503
40fdf777b8f?hl=en&

is the same ruling on Talaq. The answer is no.

Allies using pretend-to-be-a-vampire specials can play them as a
vampire. However, if a card lingers around in play, they don't carry on
pretending to be a vampire.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.
EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 NO-ONE IS SCREAMING.

Samuel may not be able to use the RH, but he can still do one useful
thing with it - Samual can write an Inscription of the ritual for one
of your vampires to use.

....I explored this sort of idea as a possibility for the Infernal
plague tournament. I dropped the idea cos it would be way too slow /
card intensive, but there may be a better way to do it that I haven't
considered. My best case (amazingly unlikely) scenario was:

Turn 1 Jake Washington in play. Recruit a Rafastio Ghoul.

Turn 2 Info Highway in play. Ghoul gets Inscription of RH. Fatima and
2-cap obf weenie come into play.

Turn 3 Ghoul Raves Inscription to Fatima. Fatima roots hand. Obfuscate
weenie rescues Fatima.

On 18 Aug 2005 20:53:21 -0700, hollowboy
<icantbelievehollowboywasalreadytaken@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Samuel may not be able to use the RH, but he can still do one useful
> thing with it - Samual can write an Inscription of the ritual for one
> of your vampires to use.
>
> ...I explored this sort of idea as a possibility for the Infernal
> plague tournament. I dropped the idea cos it would be way too slow /
> card intensive, but there may be a better way to do it that I haven't
> considered. My best case (amazingly unlikely) scenario was:
>
> Turn 1 Jake Washington in play. Recruit a Rafastio Ghoul.
>
> Turn 2 Info Highway in play. Ghoul gets Inscription of RH. Fatima and
> 2-cap obf weenie come into play.
>
> Turn 3 Ghoul Raves Inscription to Fatima. Fatima roots hand. Obfuscate
> weenie rescues Fatima.

You can also Magic of the Smith the Inscription, if you plan to keep it
on the performing minion anyway. Might add a few more cards to the
combo to make it more unlikely... ;)

--
Bye,

Daneel

In fact, and ally never goes into torpor. when his life reach zero, is
burned. Meaningfull to stuff like fama

Rutor´s hand is not and equipament, nor blood or life, so it can´t be
"raved", and magic of the smith won´t work also.

Hello - please quote relevant material from the post you are responding
to, like this. This can be done by using reply in the message options
for the individual message, on Google.

In message <1124608596.768823.15880@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"christianpastor@gmail.com" <christianpastor@gmail.com> writes:
>In fact, and ally never goes into torpor. when his life reach zero, is
>burned.

As was pointed out in the post to which you responded (mine), it was a
loophole:

>(There used to be a loophole which could get the Shadow Court
>Satyr into torpor, but since allies never had the option to leave
>torpor, he'd be stuck.)

The loophole applied to cards such as Ashes to Ashes which an ally like
Shadow Court Satyr could play "as a vampire" which have direct
instructions to "go to torpor". At this point, the ally would go to
torpor.

The rules were later changed so that the ally would then be burned,
since going to torpor was entirely non-meaningful.

--

In message <1124609283.700949.298100@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"christianpastor@gmail.com" <christianpastor@gmail.com> writes:
>Rutor´s hand is not and equipament, nor blood or life, so it can´t be
>"raved", and magic of the smith won´t work also.

No-one was suggesting that Rutor's Hand is equipment.

However, Inscription - which was referenced in the posts you are
following up - *is* a piece of equipment, and so could be moved about
with Rave (or various other ways of moving equipment) and could be
fetched with Magic of the Smith.

The suggestion was that Samuel would play Inscription, and your vampires
could fetch it. Which seems like a very costly way of planning to use
Samuel for something a Thaumaturgy weenie could do, but is a playable
combo if Samuel finds himself without something useful to do right at
that moment.