[deck] Weenie aus anarchs

Well, I wanted to take a shot at the weenie aus decktype. Here's what I
came up with. It's cheesy, I know, and dies to dedicated combat.
Improvements, comments and the pointing out of obvious flaws are welcome.
BTW, I know it's kind of Master-heavy, but I believe that the 2 Dreams of
the Sphinx and the PB:LA can overcome that problem.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 4 average: 2.75

1x Idalia, Prophet of 4 AUS dem !Malkavian:2
1x Maldavis 4 AUS for pre Caitiff:3
1x Remilliard, Devout 4 AUS pre !Toreador:2
1x Richard Tauber, Ay 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2
1x Martin Franckel 3 AUS tha Tremere:3
1x Zoe 3 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2
1x Almiro Suarez 2 aus Tremere:3
1x Nicholas Chang 2 aus !Toreador:3
1x Piotr Andreikov 2 aus Tzimisce:3
1x Feo Ramos 1 aus Pander:3
1x Franciscus 1 aus Caitiff:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [2]
2x Aranthebes, The Immortal

Combat [14]
4x Anesthetic Touch
4x Read Intentions
6x Weighted Walking Stick

Event [3]
1x Dr. Marisa Fletcher, CDC
1x NSA Trio
1x Recalled to the Founder

Master [25]
1x Anarch Railroad
4x Anarch Revolt
1x Anarch Troublemaker
1x Bleeding the Vine
4x Blood Doll
2x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
5x Galaric's Legacy
1x Humanitas
1x Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario
1x Pentex Subversion
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Powerbase: Montreal

Reaction [46]
3x Delaying Tactics
5x Eagle's Sight
6x Enhanced Senses
13x Forced Awakening
2x My Enemy's Enemy
5x Precognition
6x Spirit's Touch
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Thu Aug 18 20:32:01 2005]

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:36:04 GMT, Jeroen Rombouts
<jeroen.rombouts@NOSPAMtelenet.be> wrote:

> 1x Recalled to the Founder

You are aware of the Gehenna requirements RttF has, right? As a solo
Gehenna card, you can only play it if others are playing Gehenna...

--
Bye,

Daneel

J-Person,
You know this
Bring this Abomination into my house, and you will be made to suffer!!!

/Jo

Do not give in to the madness of weenie auspex!!

"Daneel" <daniel@eposta.hu> schreef in bericht
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:36:04 GMT, Jeroen Rombouts
> <jeroen.rombouts@NOSPAMtelenet.be> wrote:
>
>> 1x Recalled to the Founder
>
> You are aware of the Gehenna requirements RttF has, right? As a solo
> Gehenna card, you can only play it if others are playing Gehenna...

Yes, but only AFTER I posted this and started to get my cards together :(
back to the drawing board it is.

"Jeroen Rombouts" <jeroen.rombouts@NOSPAMtelenet.be> schreef in bericht

> "Daneel" <daniel@eposta.hu> schreef in bericht
>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:36:04 GMT, Jeroen Rombouts
>> <jeroen.rombouts@NOSPAMtelenet.be> wrote:
>>
>>> 1x Recalled to the Founder
>>
>> You are aware of the Gehenna requirements RttF has, right? As a solo
>> Gehenna card, you can only play it if others are playing Gehenna...
>>
> Yes, but only AFTER I posted this and started to get my cards together
> :( back to the drawing board it is.

new version: removed some masters and the RttF, added Life in the City.
Still not sure about the 2 events, play testing will probably tell if
they're worth their respective slots.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 4 average: 2.75

1x Idalia, Prophet of 4 AUS dem !Malkavian:2
1x Maldavis 4 AUS for pre Caitiff:3
1x Remilliard, Devout 4 AUS pre !Toreador:2
1x Richard Tauber, Ay 4 AUS tha !Tremere:2
1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2
1x Martin Franckel 3 AUS tha Tremere:3
1x Zoe 3 AUS cel obf Malkavian:2
1x Almiro Suarez 2 aus Tremere:3
1x Nicholas Chang 2 aus !Toreador:3
1x Piotr Andreikov 2 aus Tzimisce:3
1x Feo Ramos 1 aus Pander:3
1x Franciscus 1 aus Caitiff:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [2]
2x Aranthebes, The Immortal

Combat [14]
4x Anesthetic Touch
4x Read Intentions
6x Weighted Walking Stick

Event [2]
1x Dr. Marisa Fletcher, CDC
1x NSA Trio

Master [26]
1x Anarch Railroad
4x Anarch Revolt
1x Anarch Troublemaker
4x Blood Doll
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
5x Galaric's Legacy
1x Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario
4x Life in the City
1x Pentex Subversion
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Powerbase: Montreal

Reaction [46]
3x Delaying Tactics
5x Eagle's Sight
6x Enhanced Senses
13x Forced Awakening
2x My Enemy's Enemy
5x Precognition
6x Spirit's Touch
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Aug 19 06:19:35 2005]

Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
> Well, I wanted to take a shot at the weenie aus decktype. Here's what I
> came up with. It's cheesy, I know, and dies to dedicated combat.
> Improvements, comments and the pointing out of obvious flaws are welcome.
> BTW, I know it's kind of Master-heavy, but I believe that the 2 Dreams of
> the Sphinx and the PB:LA can overcome that problem.

So...how does it win? I see the theory on how it gets ONE victory
point, but how does it get through its second prey? Those five Eagle
Sights are not going to let you stop the table from going Anarch. And
of course, that's assuming you were lucky enough to get all four
Revolts out quickly, which seems grossly unlikely, considering how much
your hand is going to jam with intercept.

Basically, I see three possible scenarios with this. One: your prey
needs to take a lot of undirected actions, and you stop them from doing
anything, slowly whittling them away for a VP. Yay! Now your new prey
is extremely powerful from having no pressure, and will probably take
the rest of the table. Two: Your prey needs to take a lot of
undirected actions, which you block, and start losing minions right and
left. You decide to wall up against your predator, who also starts
taking out minions right and left, because you have so little combat
protection. It doesn't actually take dedicated combat to hurt you,
just larger vamps who act every turn. (NSA Trio does not seem
worthwhile - your combat is just not that good.) Three, your prey
takes only directed actions. You offer little pressure to that kind of
deck, except for weenie swarming. A reasonable amount of bloat renders
you irrelevant.

So yeah, I'm definitely unclear on how this deck can be effective in
90% of the table situations you will experience.

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago
Anarch Newsletter Guru

More power to the Wolflord!!!

- Erol

"Wolflord" <jo.herroelen@sca.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> J-Person,
> You know this
> Bring this Abomination into my house, and you will be made to suffer!!!
>

> /Jo
>
> Do not give in to the madness of weenie auspex!!

> Combat [14]
> 4x Anesthetic Touch
> 4x Read Intentions
> 6x Weighted Walking Stick

This combat seems a bit light to me. Perhaps you would consider some
additional Dodges.

> 1x Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario

I would use Club Zombie instead.

You might also consider several Effective Managements.

If you have one, Erciyes Fragments might be good in this deck.

Maybe you don't want to go this route, but you might consider adding
Parthenon, Anthelios, a few more Anarch Revolts, Brothers Grimm,
Fortschritt Library, etc. All the trifles and master cards make me
think of Anthelios.

> Reaction [46]
> 3x Delaying Tactics
> 5x Eagle's Sight
> 6x Enhanced Senses
> 13x Forced Awakening
> 2x My Enemy's Enemy
> 5x Precognition
> 6x Spirit's Touch
> 6x Telepathic Misdirection

I would increase the number of Eagle's Sights, and decrease Delaying
Tactics, Spirit's Touch, and other intercept as necessary. You might
consider replacing some of the Forced Awakenings with WweF because
sometimes you're going to want to wake and bounce.

Ira

"Wolflord" <jo.herroelen@sca.com> schreef in bericht
> J-Person,
> You know this
> Bring this Abomination into my house, and you will be made to suffer!!!
>

> /Jo
>
> Do not give in to the madness of weenie auspex!!

You know I made this deck especially for you, don't you? Though love and
all that :)

<volya42@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

> Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
>> Well, I wanted to take a shot at the weenie aus decktype. Here's what I
>> came up with. It's cheesy, I know, and dies to dedicated combat.
>> Improvements, comments and the pointing out of obvious flaws are welcome.
>> BTW, I know it's kind of Master-heavy, but I believe that the 2 Dreams of
>> the Sphinx and the PB:LA can overcome that problem.
>
> So...how does it win? I see the theory on how it gets ONE victory
> point, but how does it get through its second prey?

It wins by lots of bleeds for one and blocking all pool gaining actions +
the Anarch Revolts who are actually just an add-on. Weenie swarm, because
you can invest a lot of pool on small minions without being in danger of
getting ousted.

this decks aims for 3 victory points, no more. first prey, last on the
table.. Anarch Revolt is basically there to prevent time outs.

>Those five Eagle
> Sights are not going to let you stop the table from going Anarch. And
> of course, that's assuming you were lucky enough to get all four
> Revolts out quickly, which seems grossly unlikely, considering how much
> your hand is going to jam with intercept.

rest of the table doesn't matter: so long as my first prey doesn't get an
anarch there is no problem. Besides, this deck cannot jam on intercept.
there is nothing in there but intercept, so how can it possibly jam?

> Basically, I see three possible scenarios with this. One: your prey
> needs to take a lot of undirected actions, and you stop them from doing
> anything, slowly whittling them away for a VP. Yay! Now your new prey
> is extremely powerful from having no pressure, and will probably take
> the rest of the table.

no, my prey may go forward, no problem. it's the ousting action that i want
to block. This way, there might (not very probable, but it can happen) be a
chance of having a second oust too.

>Two: Your prey needs to take a lot of
> undirected actions, which you block, and start losing minions right and
> left. You decide to wall up against your predator, who also starts
> taking out minions right and left, because you have so little combat
> protection. It doesn't actually take dedicated combat to hurt you,
> just larger vamps who act every turn. (NSA Trio does not seem
> worthwhile - your combat is just not that good.)

an intercept deck doesn't need to block everything that happens, just block
the right things. i.e. pool gain actions, War Ghouls, equip actions, etc...
As I said before: I don't mind my prey going forward.

and about the NSA Trio. First of all, I have no s:CE, so it doesn't really
hurt me. Secondly, it stops those nasty 'combat end and action continues'
and especially the "CE and untap" cards.

>Three, your prey
> takes only directed actions. You offer little pressure to that kind of
> deck, except for weenie swarming. A reasonable amount of bloat renders
> you irrelevant.

weenie swarm + 1 AR does 5-6 damage each turn in the mid - to end game.
which deck can take that without doing pool gaining actions, most of wich
are undirected. (except for a couple of bleed actions)

I'm tempted to add smiling jack instead of the ARs, maybe that's better. not
really sure, though, it has the habit of turning the table against you too
early. And the synergy of SJ with Dr. Fletcher is better. mmmm. *ponders*

> So yeah, I'm definitely unclear on how this deck can be effective in
> 90% of the table situations you will experience.

IMO, the only problem is combat. And the time-outs, maybe.

> Interesting. It must be a metagame thing, because this deck would die
> every single time in Chicago. I do think Smiling Jack may be a better
> option, or at least an additional option. And it goes well with Dr.
> Marisa.

but that would make the whole Anarch strategy redundant. who are you, what
did you do with the real Eric Simon? ;) But it would free up 10 slots in the
deck.

> Why are you worried about S:CE-continue? You have 13 Forced
> Awakenings! You probably blocked with one, and S:CE continue can at
> most get them one more stealth, which should not be an issue. The Trio
> is taking a valuable slot and a valuable discard phase action. I don't
> think it's worth your resources.

mmm. true.

> Basically, you need a way to FORCE people to act. Smiling Jack is not
> a bad one, but perhaps there are others. And as far as the three VPs
> thing goes, I just can't believe that you could stop someone who has
> gone through two people before getting to you. I think most of the
> time you're looking at 4-1 with the win going to your grandprey.

I've been looking around for Cards that make people act. Smiling Jack is of
course the big one.
Others:
Society of Leopold, but removing it is a D action
The Rack, but the benefit for me is not that huge.
Aggressive Tactics, but that costs 2 pool
Pentex Subversion, also 2 pool and unique.
Brainwash, meh, needs to come early and in large quantities to pay off.
Erciyes Fragment
Fragment of the book of Nod
High Museum of Art, Atlanta
different Powerbases: chicago, Mexico City, Montreal, New York, Washington.

did I miss anything?

and on the other hand: cards that keep people from acting:
Milicent Smith
Dr Marisa Fletcher.

I'll think about what you said. And make changes accordingly :) thx

Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
> <volya42@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> > Interesting. It must be a metagame thing, because this deck would die
> > every single time in Chicago. I do think Smiling Jack may be a better
> > option, or at least an additional option. And it goes well with Dr.
> > Marisa.
>
> but that would make the whole Anarch strategy redundant. who are you, what
> did you do with the real Eric Simon? ;) But it would free up 10 slots in the
> deck.

Heh. Well, though it surprises some, I'm often the first to really
scrutinize whether a deck NEEDS to be Anarchs. Actually, I think the
best way to spruce up your combat would be to make all those walking
sticks into .44s and then replace most of the other combat cards with
Groundfighting. Beyond that, it's the locations you're really using
the Anarch tech for, and I think that's probably worth it.

Oh, and there's one more card that's particularly relevant to your deck
that makes people take actions: Revelations at superior. It makes your
prey take actions and also tells you when it's safe for you to take
actions. Definitely a win-win.

Eric Simon

> Jeroen Rombouts wrote:
>> <volya42@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>> > Interesting. It must be a metagame thing, because this deck would die
>> > every single time in Chicago. I do think Smiling Jack may be a better
>> > option, or at least an additional option. And it goes well with Dr.
>> > Marisa.
>>
>> but that would make the whole Anarch strategy redundant. who are you,
>> what
>> did you do with the real Eric Simon? ;) But it would free up 10 slots in
>> the
>> deck.
>
> Heh. Well, though it surprises some, I'm often the first to really
> scrutinize whether a deck NEEDS to be Anarchs. Actually, I think the
> best way to spruce up your combat would be to make all those walking
> sticks into .44s and then replace most of the other combat cards with
> Groundfighting. Beyond that, it's the locations you're really using
> the Anarch tech for, and I think that's probably worth it.

The base idea for the combat package was prevent 1 with Precognition hit for
2 with the stick and play Pulled Fangs, which I can defend, but i completely
forgot to include in the deck. .44 had crossed my mind, but a 2 pool gun on
a 3 cap minion does away with disposability of my weenies (and also the need
for a lot of concealed weapons in the deck) Completely forgot about
groundfighting, good idea.

> Oh, and there's one more card that's particularly relevant to your deck
> that makes people take actions: Revelations at superior. It makes your
> prey take actions and also tells you when it's safe for you to take
> actions. Definitely a win-win.

Great suggestion, thanks.