Samuel Haight and Ghouled

A thought just struck me.

If a vampire recruits Samuel Haight, can the recruitment be modified
with Ghouled? Is Samuel Haight considered mortal? I know it's crazy,
Samuel costing 5 pool already, but think of the possibilities...
cel-pot-tha combat...

TIA,
OW

for reference:

Samuel Haight
Type(s): Ally
Pool Cost: 5

Card Text:

Unique werewolf with 4 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed.

Once each action, Samuel may burn a life to get +1 bleed. He may steal
equipment as a strike. He may play cards requiring basic Celerity [cel]
or basic Thaumaturgy [tha] as a vampire. Any vampire may call a
referendum to make Samuel become Red List as a +1 stealth political
action. If Samuel has less than 4 life during your untap phase, he
gains 1 life from the blood bank.

Ghouled
Type(s): Action Modifier
Blood Cost: 1

Card Text:

Only usable when the action to recruit a mortal ally is announced

If this action is successful, put this card on that ally and add 1
additional life to the ally from the blood bank. This ally is
considered a ghoul and not a mortal. Once each combat, this ally can
play a strike card that requires basic Potence as a vampire.

Odrich Wendergass wrote:
> A thought just struck me.
>
> If a vampire recruits Samuel Haight, can the recruitment be modified
> with Ghouled? Is Samuel Haight considered mortal? I know it's crazy,
> Samuel costing 5 pool already, but think of the possibilities...
> cel-pot-tha combat...

Samuel Haight is a werewolf, not a mortal.

> TIA,
> OW
>

> for reference:
>
> Samuel Haight
> Type(s): Ally
> Pool Cost: 5
>
> Card Text:
>
> Unique werewolf with 4 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed.

If he were mortal, it would say 'Unique mortal', instead of werewolf.

> Once each action, Samuel may burn a life to get +1 bleed. He may steal
> equipment as a strike. He may play cards requiring basic Celerity [cel]
> or basic Thaumaturgy [tha] as a vampire. Any vampire may call a
> referendum to make Samuel become Red List as a +1 stealth political
> action. If Samuel has less than 4 life during your untap phase, he
> gains 1 life from the blood bank.

Short answer: no.

John