Winning Deck NAC Qualifier

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 24, 2005 3:37:05 PM

Hi,

herwe is my winning deck list fo the Last Chance Qualifier. Have fun
with this sick deck ;)

My special thanks go to:

Kamel Senni who gave the rough draft of this deck.
The people at the NAC who gave me a really good time there.
To WW for providing support.
To Stéphane Lavrut and Johannes Walch who traveled with me.

Deck Name : Zigeunerfasching
Author : Andreas Nusser
Description : original deck creation idea by Kamel Senni

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 4 average: 2.75

2x Sasha Miklos 2 chi Ravnos:2
2x Spleen, Georgio Gu 2 ani chi Ravnos:2
2x Zip 2 ani Ravnos:3
1x Anka, Priestess of 4 ani chi pro Ravnos:2
1x Salbatore Bokkengr 4 CHI for pro Ravnos:2
1x Sennuwy, The Promo 4 ani chi for Ravnos:2
1x Lázár Dobrescu 3 for Ravnos:2
1x Tsigane 3 aus chi Ravnos:2
1x Vedel Esbreno 3 chi for Ravnos:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [27]
27x Embrace, The

Action Modifier [4]
4x Change of Target

Ally [5]
5x Rom Gypsy

Event [4]
1x Anthelios, The Red Star
1x Blood Weakens
1x Slow Withering, The
1x Veil of Darkness

Master [45]
2x Anarch Troublemaker
6x Blood Doll
6x Direct Intervention
2x Fortune Teller Shop
2x Last Stand
2x Misdirection
7x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex Subversion
9x Ravnos Carnival
1x Specialization
3x Tribute to the Master
1x Visit from the Capuchin
3x Week of Nightmares

Reaction [5]
5x Delaying Tactics

More about : winning deck nac qualifier

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:06 PM

Andreas Nusser wrote:

> herwe is my winning deck list fo the Last Chance Qualifier. Have fun
> with this sick deck ;)

That deck is really funny--I assume it's plan is, ya know, get out 50 little
Ravanos and bleed someone for 100 in one turn with Ravanos Carnival.
Presumably, it works in practice, but it looks like it has a lot of holes
(i.e. you sit next to a Rush deck and you fall over in seconds). Could you
spell out some play strategy?

Thanks!

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:06 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Andreas Nusser wrote:

> Deck Name : Zigeunerfasching

> Master [45]
> 2x Last Stand

First time I've seen this card in a winning deck (or any deck for that
matter), but it makes sense here. Did you get much use out of it? Did it
ever make/break a game? Did you ever lose a game because you played it
expecting a VP and then failed to oust your prey?

Congrats on the win.

Matt Morgan
August 24, 2005 3:37:06 PM

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> That deck is really funny--I assume it's plan is, ya know, get out 50 little
> Ravanos and bleed someone for 100 in one turn with Ravanos Carnival.

With Week of Nightmares. Carnival is there to get you cheap or free
Embraces.

> Presumably, it works in practice, but it looks like it has a lot of holes
> (i.e. you sit next to a Rush deck and you fall over in seconds).

Eric Chiang played a similar deck locally. It was generally quite
successful despite its tendancy to draw crosstable fire. One obvious
countermeasure is to have a Sudden Reversal ready for the Week of
Nightmares, halving the deck's firepower...which is why I'm boggled to
see Anthelios in the decklist. Maybe Nusser avoids playing the Red Star
before the WoN.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:06 PM

Emmit Svenson wrote:

> One obvious
> countermeasure is to have a Sudden Reversal ready for the Week of
> Nightmares, halving the deck's firepower...which is why I'm boggled to
> see Anthelios in the decklist. Maybe Nusser avoids playing the Red Star
> before the WoN.

Well, I assume the Anthelios is for re-fetching the WoN in case it gets
SR'd. But on the other hand, the person who SR'd (or anyone else) can
also re-fetch their SR. So I question the utility - that Anthelios
could be a 4th WoN, if you happen to have 4 of them - not an easy card
to pick up these days.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:06 PM

Chris Berger schrieb:

> Emmit Svenson wrote:
> >
> > One obvious
> > countermeasure is to have a Sudden Reversal ready for the Week of
> > Nightmares, halving the deck's firepower...which is why I'm boggled to
> > see Anthelios in the decklist. Maybe Nusser avoids playing the Red Star
> > before the WoN.
> >
> Well, I assume the Anthelios is for re-fetching the WoN in case it gets
> SR'd. But on the other hand, the person who SR'd (or anyone else) can
> also re-fetch their SR. So I question the utility - that Anthelios
> could be a 4th WoN, if you happen to have 4 of them - not an easy card
> to pick up these days.

You can play only one WoN per game, so if it was SR'd that's it. That's
another reason why I'm baffled about how Andreas and Kamel manage to
win with that real nightmare. In my opinion you are the main target at
each table you show up. Especially as the NAC 04 was won by a deck like
that IIRC.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:06 PM

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> I guess so. Seems like anybody with a pair of brain cells to rub together
> is going to save her Sudden for WoN anyway. If someone draws a Sudden at

You would think so.

Then again, you would also think that someone with a pair of brain
cells would save their Sudden for Dia de los Muertos, when it's obvious
that Josh is playing a sketchy Harbingers/Brinkmanship deck. [end
better-late-than-never Origins story]

Xian
well, at least I ousted him before he actually played it...or something
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:06 PM

DI is so a no-brainer bu these times thant I have never seen my WoW
suddened (people just don't play SR...too bad;-).
in the last chance qualifier In heldeberg 04, the prey of Stephen
Ferenci have two sudden reversal in hand... He have used it to
cancel... one path and one ravnos carnival...And let the WoW hit the
table...
In some game, you just have to put your card into play, without any
intellectual efforts lol.
And Last Stand is very strong (perhaps the better card created since
Blooddlines, along with visit from the capuchin, Zilliah's valley and
reigns of power).
Kamel.
PS : Thanx Andreas !!! This version is quite different from the others
I have seen, because it doesn't use any discipline-required cards.
Andreas's version uses somes vents (in particular veil of darkness).
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:07 PM

Emmit Svenson wrote:

> With Week of Nightmares. Carnival is there to get you cheap or free
> Embraces.

Yeah, clearly that is what I meant.

> Eric Chiang played a similar deck locally. It was generally quite
> successful despite its tendancy to draw crosstable fire. One obvious
> countermeasure is to have a Sudden Reversal ready for the Week of
> Nightmares, halving the deck's firepower...which is why I'm boggled to
> see Anthelios in the decklist. Maybe Nusser avoids playing the Red Star
> before the WoN.

Reasonable.

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Chris Berger wrote:

> Well, I assume the Anthelios is for re-fetching the WoN in case it gets
> SR'd. But on the other hand, the person who SR'd (or anyone else) can
> also re-fetch their SR. So I question the utility - that Anthelios
> could be a 4th WoN, if you happen to have 4 of them - not an easy card
> to pick up these days.

Only one Week of Nightmares may be played during a game, so this wouldn't
work. If it did work, Andreas' Parthenon would give him the edge he needs
to get the thing on the table.

Even though I didn't play against a WoN deck in a major tournament at WoN,
I did often find myself regretting not including Suddens in my deck. It
might be my "old tech revisited" tech for this post-GenCon season.

Matt Morgan
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:07 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Peter D Bakija wrote:

>> Maybe Nusser avoids playing the Red Star
>> before the WoN.
>
> Reasonable.

I guess so. Seems like anybody with a pair of brain cells to rub together
is going to save her Sudden for WoN anyway. If someone draws a Sudden at
any point during the game, then WoN should be Suddened when it's played
(or perhaps some table split bargain could be extorted or whatever - you
know how it goes).

Matt Morgan
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:37:07 PM

I have played it 4 times in a tournament.
The combo last stand parthenon with a swarm deck is quite...
impressive.
Last chance french qualifier 04 : played twice in a row (with
anthelios) to take 4 points in a five players table
French championship : used once to take 5 points.
Last chance qualifier : used to take 4 points on a 5 player table.
ECQ switzerland : used to try to betray Andreas... it fails at one pool
left lol (but with a TGB triple A deck.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:17:15 PM

Create as many Embraces as possible
Generate Pool via tribute to the master, blood doll etc
Protect yourself and stay alive
Play Week of Nightmare
Oust players in 2-3 turns

;)

Peter D Bakija schrieb:
> Andreas Nusser wrote:
>

>>herwe is my winning deck list fo the Last Chance Qualifier. Have fun
>>with this sick deck ;)
>

> That deck is really funny--I assume it's plan is, ya know, get out 50 little
> Ravanos and bleed someone for 100 in one turn with Ravanos Carnival.
> Presumably, it works in practice, but it looks like it has a lot of holes
> (i.e. you sit next to a Rush deck and you fall over in seconds). Could you
> spell out some play strategy?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Peter D Bakija
> pdb6@lightlink.com
> http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
>
> "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
> easily spilled liquids to naked people."
> -Brittni Meil

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:25:10 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Joshua Duffin wrote:

> I couldn't believe it when I realized partway through Day 2 that I had
> forgotten to at least put Domain Challenges in my deck. Anarchist
> Uprisings and Ancillas also might have been good, though I often get at
> least 4 vamps with that deck, so also possibly painful. But against
> Andreas's deck specifically, well, 6 Direct Interventions and 5 Delaying
> Tactics seem like pretty good anti-weenie-vote defense.

You'd probably have to have all three (Domain Challenge, Anarchist
Uprising and Ancilla Empowerment) in hand at the start of your turn to get
past 6 DI and 5 DT, yes, unless you happened to be lucky enough that one
of the DIs had already been played before your turn. Still, not
impossible. Maybe Approximation of Loyalty could help a little? A
little?

One of my games on day two of the NAC saw two Ancilla Empowerments and a
Domain Challenge attempted (the latter was DI'd) in just a few minutes of
play, so it's not impossible. Of course the Ancilla Empowerments were
called by Andreas himself (obviously playing a different deck). Guess he
was prepared for himself.

Matt Morgan
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:50:35 PM

"Xian" <xian@visi.com> wrote in message
> Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
>> I guess so. Seems like anybody with a pair of brain cells to rub
>> together
>> is going to save her Sudden for WoN anyway. If someone draws a
>> Sudden at
>
> You would think so.
>
> Then again, you would also think that someone with a pair of brain
> cells would save their Sudden for Dia de los Muertos, when it's
> obvious
> that Josh is playing a sketchy Harbingers/Brinkmanship deck. [end
> better-late-than-never Origins story]

I suppose you might think that. But what does it have to do with you?
;-)

Josh

having two brain cells to rub together is overrated
(but having suddens is usually not)
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:09:21 PM

>> 20 minions. How the hell can you lose with 20 minions?
>
> Anarchist Uprising and no intercept?

DI and Delays. Throw in 10 or so cards of this variety. Bam, you win.
Unless, of course, you decide not to win. Then you time out a table with
24 minions.

Ankur Gupta
Prince of Lafayette
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:31:53 PM

Ankur Gupta wrote:

> DI and Delays. Throw in 10 or so cards of this variety. Bam, you win.
> Unless, of course, you decide not to win. Then you time out a table with
> 24 minions.

Ah, see, you didn't specify...

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:50:01 PM

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Peter D Bakija wrote:
>
>>> Maybe Nusser avoids playing the Red Star
>>> before the WoN.
>>

>> Reasonable.
>

> I guess so. Seems like anybody with a pair of brain cells to rub
> together is going to save her Sudden for WoN anyway. If someone draws a
> Sudden at any point during the game, then WoN should be Suddened when
> it's played (or perhaps some table split bargain could be extorted or
> whatever - you know how it goes).

With 20 minions you can win w/o the Week of Nightmares. That´s it. In
the game I had with him he had 24 minions and I barely managed to stay
alive because of massive bloating.

Don´t underestimate the power of Veil of Darkness!
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:50:02 PM

Ankur Gupta wrote:

> 20 minions. How the hell can you lose with 20 minions?

Anarchist Uprising and no intercept?

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:15:12 AM

> Ankur Gupta wrote:
>
>> From what I understood of the table state, you stayed alive because he
>> chose not to bleed you out and instead made babies until the game played to
>> time.
>
> Seems you did not understand too much of table.

Seems not. I must be stupid.

Ankur
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:46:45 AM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:37:05 +0200, Andreas Nusser <a.nusser@vekn.de>
scrawled:

>Deck Name : Zigeunerfasching
>Author : Andreas Nusser
>Description : original deck creation idea by Kamel Senni

[snip deck list]

wow. that's. um. wow.

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 3:54:06 AM

--
johannes walch
Anonymous

Andreas Nusser wrote:

> But Kaml is right. people just have not realized how good Last Stand is.
> They just see the "6" pool loss not but not the 2 VP gain.

I personally like the combination of Last Stand with Khabar: Glory. 2
VP's and 14 pool, please. Political Flux would work too.

Really, the biggest pity of my Assamite S&B deck is that it can't play
Khabar: Community and Last Stand on the same turn.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 8:12:32 PM

"Matthew T. Morgan" <farquar@io.com> wrote in message

> You'd probably have to have all three (Domain Challenge, Anarchist
> Uprising and Ancilla Empowerment) in hand at the start of your turn to
> get past 6 DI and 5 DT, yes, unless you happened to be lucky enough
> that one of the DIs had already been played before your turn. Still,
> not impossible. Maybe Approximation of Loyalty could help a little?
> A little?

It could, but then you'd have Approximation of Loyalty in your deck, and
it seems like it doesn't help very often *except* against weenies with
Delaying Tactics... or Deflections I suppose, if your
7-caps-and-up-with-Presence deck bleeds as well as voting...

> One of my games on day two of the NAC saw two Ancilla Empowerments and
> a Domain Challenge attempted (the latter was DI'd) in just a few
> minutes of play, so it's not impossible. Of course the Ancilla
> Empowerments were called by Andreas himself (obviously playing a
> different deck). Guess he was prepared for himself.

Yah, it can happen. And it's better to have them than not I think. It
just still might not be enough...

Josh

guess an 'atonement module' also might fit in some decks...
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 8:36:14 PM

kamel.senni@yvelines.pref.gouv.fr schrieb:
> I have played it 4 times in a tournament.
> The combo last stand parthenon with a swarm deck is quite...
> impressive.
> Last chance french qualifier 04 : played twice in a row (with
> anthelios) to take 4 points in a five players table
> French championship : used once to take 5 points.
> Last chance qualifier : used to take 4 points on a 5 player table.
> ECQ switzerland : used to try to betray Andreas... it fails at one pool
> left lol (but with a TGB triple A deck.

See Kamel,

I really do wanted to not publish that you broke your deal with me. And
also give you credit for your deck. And now what happened!

But Kaml is right. people just have not realized how good Last Stand is.
They just see the "6" pool loss not but not the 2 VP gain.

Anyway I traded a lot of these and as soon as they hit $10 I'd be happy
selling them on ebay ;)

ANdreas
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:32:20 AM

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Joshua Duffin wrote:
>
> > I couldn't believe it when I realized partway through Day 2 that I had
> > forgotten to at least put Domain Challenges in my deck. Anarchist
> > Uprisings and Ancillas also might have been good, though I often get at
> > least 4 vamps with that deck, so also possibly painful. But against
> > Andreas's deck specifically, well, 6 Direct Interventions and 5 Delaying
> > Tactics seem like pretty good anti-weenie-vote defense.
>
> You'd probably have to have all three (Domain Challenge, Anarchist
> Uprising and Ancilla Empowerment) in hand at the start of your turn to get
> past 6 DI and 5 DT, yes, unless you happened to be lucky enough that one
> of the DIs had already been played before your turn.

If somebody at the table has a Sudden in hand you can ask him to sudden
the DI on the vote. Decks like Ravnosbreed should be such a great
threat / nuisance to the whole table that he would play it. Maybe for a
favour. Maybe he doesn't play it for a bigger favour of the
Weenieplayer ;o). Ahh, the might of a Sudden Reversal. Never play
without one (or three).
!