Annoying Madness Network Question[s]

Hypothetical situation:
a malk with PRO, an hommonculus, and the madness network in play

said malk gets a perfectionist during my turn, takes an action and
gains a blood from it. during my preys turn, s/he untaps with
hommonculus. If s/he takes an action during my preys turn, will s/he
gain a blood from perfectionist, or does the 'once per turn' apply to
only My Turn?

madness network
Unique master. Put this card in play. After another Methuselah has
finished all of his or her minion phase actions, any untapped
Malkavians (going clockwise) can take actions. Any minion can burn this
card as an action that any untapped Malkavian (in addition to the
normally eligible blockers) can attempt to block (go clockwise if 2 or
more want to block).

hommonculus
Retainer with 1 life. [pro] During any Methuselah`s untap phase, the
vampire with this retainer can burn 1 blood to untap. [PRO] As above,
but Homunculus has 2 life.

Perfectionist
Master: archetype. Put this card on a vampire you control. Once per
turn, when this vampire sucessfully performs an action and no reaction
cards are played, he or she gains 1 blood after the action is resolved.
A vampire can have only one archetype.

Additionally, has anyone come up with a really good way to exploit
this? [having already read the latest malk newsletter
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P35A21DAB]
As far as i can tell, rachel brandywine w/ a hommonculus and the
feeding razor should be able to keep herself at least half full [untap
for 1 blood, gain 2 from hunting]
-KB, Prince of Harrisburg

Hi!

Having recently used (and spoofed as well!)
teh Madness Network, I think I can answer...

> Hypothetical situation:
> a malk with PRO, an hommonculus, and the madness network in play
>
> said malk gets a perfectionist during my turn, takes an action and
> gains a blood from it. during my preys turn, s/he untaps with
> hommonculus. If s/he takes an action during my preys turn, will s/he
> gain a blood from perfectionist, or does the 'once per turn' apply to
> only My Turn?

Yes, he gains the blood. A Perfectionis gains a blood for a
successful action (with no reactions playes) once per turn,
and "turn" always means "any Methuselah's turn".

> Additionally, has anyone come up with a really good way to exploit
> this? [having already read the latest malk newsletter
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?P35A21DAB]
> As far as i can tell, rachel brandywine w/ a hommonculus and the
> feeding razor should be able to keep herself at least half full [untap
> for 1 blood, gain 2 from hunting]

I tried many times to exploit the combo,
but never really manage to do it in a really
competitive way. A short search for "Rachel" and
"Madness Network" will show up for you many decks,
some of them even won something IIRC.

Greets,
Emiliano

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Johannes Walch wrote:

> Play 4+ Dreams of the Sphinx and you should have great hand cycling.

Or you could conceivably use Sibyl's Tongue to go get that Hommonculus.

id777fei@gmail.com wrote:

> Additionally, has anyone come up with a really good way to exploit
> this? [having already read the latest malk newsletter
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?P35A21DAB]
> As far as i can tell, rachel brandywine w/ a hommonculus and the
> feeding razor should be able to keep herself at least half full [untap
> for 1 blood, gain 2 from hunting]
> -KB, Prince of Harrisburg

The basic problem is that is doesn´t work without Homonuculus. But to
get the H. early in the game you need to include at least 8 copies. But
later they will only clog your hand. And 8 isn´t even enough to make
sure you get it in time. Probably this can be solved by rapid cycling
and using Rachel´s ability to shuffle back instead of discarding. And
even if you draw one that should be one of the prime targets of D.I (at
least for me).

--
johannes walch

Yes. Brian in our group has made that deck. If it kicks off correctly,
by turn 5/6 he is torporing 5 vamps and then nicking them off you with
the lasombra.

A very powerful deck, that once going is almost broken, but has too
many weak spots (early game and hand jams).

Andy
VEKN Setite Ruler of Cambridge

"quetzalcoatl" <david@vega.id.au> schreef in bericht

> Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Johannes Walch wrote:
>
>> Play 4+ Dreams of the Sphinx and you should have great hand cycling.
>
> Or you could conceivably use Sibyl's Tongue to go get that Hommonculus.

nope. Rachel is not an malk anti. And if she clan impersonates, she can no
longer use the madness network.

<id777fei@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Additionally, has anyone come up with a really good way to exploit
> this? [having already read the latest malk newsletter
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?P35A21DAB]
> As far as i can tell, rachel brandywine w/ a hommonculus and the
> feeding razor should be able to keep herself at least half full [untap
> for 1 blood, gain 2 from hunting]

IIRC, Damnans posted one of these quite a long time ago.
-bring out Rachel and Aaron Duggan
-madness Network +Homunculus, defend with second trad. + earth meld
- bring out Tyler
- play up to 5 Baltimore Purges in one turn.
- Tyler tries to eat all of them in one turn

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:37:57 -0500, Matthew T. Morgan <farquar@io.com>
wrote:

> Some time ago someone was talking about a version that Baltimore Purges
> during everyone's turn, so that on Rachel's controller's untap phase,
> each
> player loses five different minions (10 capacity or lower) to torpor.
> Anyone tried that? Just imagine the table hate! Good reason not to mix
> guns and vtes.

The version I saw used Tlyer to mop things up.

--
Bye,

Daneel