Counter Song versus a summons

This may seem stupid but

The low level group (level 4) i am in came accross a circle of evil
bast*rds attempting to summon a creature.

Wasn't sure but in your opinion would my Bards counter song be usable
against the summons?

We wernt sure so i dropped a Soundburst in the middle as they where
all with in a 10foot radius and the baba and ranger cleaned them up in
the next round. The Giant SiPider that materialised, granted only the
front half came thru, was a different story.. Nice to see my Bard can
take on the medic support roll when the cleric gets wasted :)

Hamish wrote:
> This may seem stupid but
>
> The low level group (level 4) i am in came accross a circle of evil
> bast*rds attempting to summon a creature.
>
> Wasn't sure but in your opinion would my Bards counter song be usable
> against the summons?
>
> We wernt sure so i dropped a Soundburst in the middle as they where
> all with in a 10foot radius and the baba and ranger cleaned them up in
> the next round. The Giant SiPider that materialised, granted only the
> front half came thru, was a different story.. Nice to see my Bard can
> take on the medic support roll when the cleric gets wasted :)

Isn't counter song only useful against sonic effects. It's spelled out
right in the ability. It wouldn't work against a summon spell.

- Justisaur

Hamish wrote:
> This may seem stupid but
>
> The low level group (level 4) i am in came accross a circle of evil
> bast*rds attempting to summon a creature.
>
> Wasn't sure but in your opinion would my Bards counter song be usable
> against the summons?

No.

> We wernt sure so i dropped a Soundburst in the middle as they where
> all with in a 10foot radius and the baba and ranger cleaned them up in
> the next round. The Giant SiPider that materialised, granted only the
> front half came thru, was a different story.. Nice to see my Bard can
> take on the medic support roll when the cleric gets wasted :)

That's what they're there for.