Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card displaying green

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 14, 2003 7:10:35 AM

i have had a gainward golden sample geforce4 ti4200 128mb since august of 2002 and it has worked well ever since a couple months ago.....it began to flash or dim the screen to a greenish yellow tint....something like turning the brightness very low.....it would usually just flash and then go back to normal after a couple seconds......recently it has been changing colors and staying dim.....i dont notice any performance problems.....

i recently upgraded my mobo and processor and it was turning colors both before and after the upgrade.....i have had the new mobo and processor for a week and it was fine and now recently it has been changing colors and staying that way.....

im runnign xp pro.....amd 2400 basic mobo nothing special 512 pc-133 ram 13gb, 80gb, 30gb hard drives.....

ive tried numerous monitors and it still does the green color change......

the thing im thinking of is heat.....it have recently moved out of a college dorm and i think and that it when the colors started changing.....it is hotter here then at the dorm and im thinking that could be an issue.....but the fan on the card works so it shouldnt be a problem....

any help would be greatly apprecuated
May 14, 2003 7:52:19 PM

bump

anyone?
!